• Matic
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

David luiz was good, along with Azpi who kept mane quiet. Costa and kante were decent, the rest were shocking

We're so poor on the ball, Oscar, Matic and Ivanovic are so average. We must replace these three deadweights if we ever want to see a top attacking team in this club. 

Matic is looking like Peter crouch on the turn, so lanky/clumsy on the ball :doh: I think Matic should be moved back to Kantes position or should not start anymore. His presence isn't stopping the goals from being conceded, Get fabregas in the team asap so that we have someone who can pass in midfield. 

Willian is pointless on the wing, he's clearly faster than Milner and has the technique to dribble him but does he have the mental strength to attempt to make things happen ???? No. Stepovers and cross to the first man, repeat.  He should play in Oscars position. At least compared to Oscar, he can run with the ball and offer pace through the middle. Moses may not be quality but he has more balls to attack his marker than Willian will ever have in his career. Moses should play on the right. 

Ivanovic, is a fraud. Who the heck made him vice captain ?? Is that why he's starting no matter how shit he plays??? Alonso should start Asap. Move Azpi to the right back position so that we have much needed balance. 

Hazard is now looking as inconsistent as Oscar these days. He decides to take on defenders when he likes, he decides to make things happen when he's "in the mood" two straight games of Oscar level performances is not good enough.

Unfortunately  hazard playing poorly just shows how useless a threat Willian and Oscar are on the other side going forward. Conte must be shocked at the quality of the team. Liverpool might not be a very good side but apart from Henderson, every player they have in the midfield  and attack is better on the ball than ours. This is why they look so fluid when attacking and we look mechanical. Matic looks like Peter crouch when turning, Oscar looks like he needs to be carried about and Willian does his stepovers and crosses can't beat the first man. Ivanovic too is horrible on crosses compared to clyne.

Our board wants attacking football but keeps buying players who are technically inept. Loosing to Liverpool is so annoying. Damn scousers..... 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

liverpool made the perfect match yesterday..

cahill without terry loses 50%of his value..

oscar out of game, i'd like to see cesc instead

curtois

azpi       cahill     terry    alonso

kante    cesc    matic

willian     diego     hazard

When you look around the PL and not just the PL but other leagues around the world, you might not see the most amazing wing backs but what you see is athletic and dynamic wing backs who offer everything going forward and back. Azpilicueta is a good defender but he offers fuck all going forward, Ivanovic offers fuck all at anytime. 

It's time to stop selecting under performing players and grow some balls I'm afraid. Chalobah had a great pre season but oh no because he isn't a house hold name he won't get sniff, and that doesn't matter how bad Oscar or Matic perform and that's the problem. Moses will only start ahead of Willian in cup games no matter how bad Willian is, once again drop people who are not doing it because it is stagnating us.

Over the last two season we have been not just found out but we have halted as a club because a handful of players are simply not good enough. Those handful of players are regular starters.

The end.

- Ivanovic must be sold because he's a bad apple and with Cahill probably the worst player.

- Cahill must be benched because I don't even know how he ends up at Chelsea at first place? Always been an average player.

- Terry is 35 y.o. slowest person at Chelsea.

- David Luiz. Wtf? Another bad apple, always been and will be in the future.

- Azpi is all heart but playing out of position and brings zero quality in attack.

- Matic. Running everywhere doing nothing concrete. Slow, tall, boring, no vision...

Just imagine one Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona with players like this in their team? Everybody would makes fun of them. 

7 hours ago, the wes said:

We miss JT big time that 1st goal wouldn't have happened if JT was on the pitch 

I find it silly that people keep on saying such things when Terry isn't playing. It's as if we have never conceded stupid goals when he's on the pitch.

Not making changes to tactics and bringing on substitutes until 85th minute cost us the match. Few useless freeloaders let the team down but Conte is the one who should have reacted earlier than he did, 7 minutes is simply not enough for anyone to come on and change the game so why not make the changes around 60th when Costa scored the 1-2 goal and looked like we were gaining some momentum, I just don't get it.

Needs to learn from this, surely Conte has now seen that he can't trust the likes of Oscar, Matic, Ivanovic and Cahill week-in week-out. Maybe in a case of emergency some of them can play but consistently starting all four is just asking for trouble, all fans know that and Conte should too. Saying all those things to the media about playing the ones who deserve to be on the pitch needs to be more than just talk, we have plenty of decent players on the bench (Cesc, Batshuayi) or even in the stands (RLC, Chalobah) so why not use them?

The amount of negativity in here is too damn high! 

You make it look like we played like a second division side against a world class Liverpool. In fact, we started the game very slowly, were unprepared and lost the game tactically. In the second half we improved, got a goal back and with better decisions from our manager, could easily equalise. To say that Conte is a fraud and that we need to get rid of half our players is absolute nonsense.

You are forgetting one thing - Liverpool is a much well trained side than us because Klopp managed to fix what needed fixing after the horrors of the likes of Rodgers and co. He implemented his tactics and his idea of football but it took him more than a year, one summer transfer window and one 8th place. And yet, they have so much to improve given the fact they don't have a LB, Henderson is bang average and their bench is pretty poor and narrow compared to the big guns.

*And you can say similar things about every team in the country (maybe aside of City...), every one of them has much room for improvement and I believe that on our day we can take on and even be better than most, if not all of them, even with this group of players. 

We on the other side, have Conte, in his first season abroad, in a new league and after five games in charge people are already criticising him. Yes, of course he needs to learn but let's not judge him just yet. Imo he is the manager with the toughest job in the league and we can only assess him next season. The club chose him and we need to stick with this decision, our only job as fans is to encourage the team and the players and it will be very hard with these loads of negativity.

After all, Conte is not a magician and I think everyone knew we are going to have troubles this season even though we started well. Top 4 should be the objective and I think it's possible. I, personally, am sticking to the positivity. 

There is seriously something wrong with this club. They buy players and never even play them. Who the hell buys a player at 33M (Batshuayi) never to bring them on even as a sub.I don't think this has got to do with manager's anymore. I mean since Oscar has been here, we have had 4 great managers and each one of them failed to see what a fucking clown he is, it's really hard to believe for me. Maybe manager's don't really get a say in transfer's in our club anymore.

7 minutes ago, cfcs most wanted said:

There is seriously something wrong with this club. They buy players and never even play them. Who the hell buys a player at 33M (Batshuayi) never to bring them on even as a sub.I don't think this has got to do with manager's anymore. I mean since Oscar has been here, we have had 4 great managers and each one of them failed to see what a fucking clown he is, it's really hard to believe for me. Maybe manager's don't really get a say in transfer's in our club anymore.

the problem is the incompetence of the board ! The companies that win the most are those with large table which is able to build a long -term project ( and not only in football , but in all sectors ) for this , juventus , monaco Bayern and Barcelona are winners , we could have some good season and win some trophies, but we won't never be at top!
look at the market in recent years , with no possibility of rebuilding the team year after year , take a lot of useless players , give them all over the world , and maintain here the " safe use " , that get always older and less capacity!

I never believed in this worker team and never will. It's not the way forward. Italy was a worker team yeah but that was a handful of games. Chelsea need quality on the pitch. Players who can bring fear to their opponents and cause them to make changes and play differently.

Willian, Oscar, Matic, Kante, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill. It's too much. They work but they can't play. Even Costa who offers little outside of goals. Chelsea need players who can play.

From what I've seen so far 

Matic and Kante isn't a good paring. Cesc offers better options in attack and can actually pass a ball forward. Matic shouldn't be in the starting lineup. 

With a fully fit squad Cahill should be dropped. He's been terrible and makes amateur mistakes. 

Ivan should just get a new career. I'd rather Alonso play even if he isn't ready he can't be any worse. 

Willian was quality last season but maybe deserves a bit of slack coming back from an injury but needs to find form because Moses can actually cross a ball and has looked better. 

We still need 

CB 

CM 

possiblly another wide player and a decent AM because Oscar is pretty gash at times. 

Massive fuck up during the transfer window. Let's hope we add to our squad in Jan

50 minutes ago, DYC. said:

I never believed in this worker team and never will. It's not the way forward. Italy was a worker team yeah but that was a handful of games. Chelsea need quality on the pitch. Players who can bring fear to their opponents and cause them to make changes and play differently.

Willian, Oscar, Matic, Kante, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill. It's too much. They work but they can't play. Even Costa who offers little outside of goals. Chelsea need players who can play.

Agree with all, but Kante. He is ok and would be perfect in a team we all envisage, where fullbacks take attacking positions and always overlap and centre backs play a highline. He'd be allowed to drop in between the centre backs and give the attacking players a lot of freedom.

Untitled.jpg

This has been Chelsea's problem for years now. The lack of proactive centre backs and useless fullbacks. Other teams attack in numbers, whereas Chelsea's centre backs always play deep and fullbacks barely create any superiority. I think we can count on one hand's fingers only the times when Azpilicueta and Ivanovic bring something to the attacking play in a football match. Add to that the non existent creativity in our midfield... Unfortunately the state of our squad is of a very poor level. Last night's match was the perfect example and I felt sorry for Diego Costa. What a horror game for him to be left for dead between Matip and Lovren, nothing came from the midfield for him, nothing from the wings, no usefull cross, nothing. At times he had to drop so deep to touch the ball it was unbelievable. 

Football has changed so much, but Chelsea is still left with 80's type of defenders. Painful.

You all do realize we're a work in progress right? This is Conte's 5th competitive match with us - cut him some slack. We're still in a pretty good position to continue our top four fight. We will learn from this and move on, I recommend you do as well.

34 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Why you guys complaining about the players? 

We knew that last year but the board did nothing. 

Can't be that mad at Conte or the players. It's what the board left us with after another poor transfer window. 

You know, I was wondering - was any of the transfered players on Conte's wishlist? Because I know for sure that David Luiz and Marcos Alonso were not. They were plan B, maybe plan C after the board failed with every other target.

It leaves Batshuayi and Kante. Batshuayi was the first and came in early. Maybe, I say maybe, he was Conte's request. But Kante, I don't know, I have my doubts. It came all of a sudden after Chelsea penny pinched for weeks for Nainggolan. I think Kante was the board's proposition to Conte and he vouched for the transfer in the end, seeing that Nainggolan's transfer is hard to reach.

Conte was presented at Chelsea as the "first team coach" and I think that now we can truly see that his role at Chelsea is to manage the squad only. And that's it. Even though he said that he gets in touch with the board for every transfer, I think the board have the last say and get the transfers done their way. Just like Liverpool with Brendan Rodgers. I mean, the Nainggolan "saga" was ridiculous, it was like the Chelsea board tried their everything for this transfer not to happen. Roma had set an asking price at first, but Chelsea was always close by a few millions. Not to mention the ridiculous 23m offer, Chelsea's first. Ok, Nainggolan is no Vidal, but come on, 23m? He is worth more than that. Roma was probably feeling from the beginning they are taken by fools. Can't blame them though. This type of 25m plus bonus, 26m plus bonus, 27m plus bonus offer is a joke. If they ask for 35m then offer that money, stop with the 32m plus bonus shit. What is 3m for a club like Chelsea if you really want the player?

Think the board let Conte down but he won't say anything because he is a gentleman for now. Maybe at some point over the years we will read in his autobiography how during his first summer at Chelsea he tried to sign and get rid of certain players, but the board fucked everything up.

12 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

You all do realize we're a work in progress right? This is Conte's 5th competitive match with us - cut him some slack. We're still in a pretty good position to continue our top four fight. We will learn from this and move on, I recommend you do as well.

Easily the most optimistic guy around.