• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, fmsch24 said:

Can someone please explain to me three things 

1- why is Oscar starting instead of fabregas

2- why are ivanovich and especially Cahill still in our starting line up 

3- why does conte always brings in the subs 10 minutes before stoppage time 

I need answers because if this is going to be our tactic this season we'd be lucky to get top 10

Apparently Conte thinks that three fresh men at the 80th minute will double the team's speed and shock the opponent.
But from his three choices tonight only Moses did something.
Then from the number of names I heard tonight, we 'll have to field a team made up by the doormen of the stadium came next week.
I 'm afraid that we need fresh blood and we are getting it in very small installments.
The two celebrated youngsters, Kennedy, Loftus Cheek apparently not good for even the bench.

6 minutes ago, Robguima said:

yeah perhaps the subs did not have that much time to do anything. I thought he should have changed right after we lost the momentum mid second half.
I can certainly understand not to change when we scored and were playing better, but that died out later.

Yeah getting worried again... second game in a row for hazard who looked pretty much like beginning last season. Hope he turns it around though.

The irony of this game was that with all the talk about Luiz coming back, and it's Cahill who is involved in both goals (making a clear mistake in the first).

We need a new center back, Cahill is too error prone these days and so is Ivanovic, its a major worry to know you have to rely on them when they keep making mistake after mistake, Cahill needs to be benched, 2 straight games now he has farked up big time and Ivanovic too, sorry but this can´t go on, we never should have lost today, period.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Our mentality has to change from the first whistle. As soon as they as the first ball was kicked tonight they were on to us. We never do this to any team because the mentality is quite honestly shite.

When was the last time we took a game to a team from the off and completed dominated? Yeah I am struggling too.

We are just a really bog standard  side with some really average players.

I think we have some outdated players. For example Ivanovic. Even in his best, I would still prefer a dynamic, quick, powerfull/skilled full back ala Cole, Aurier, Alaba, Clyne etc...

And we sign Alonso. Man, I realy wish we had someone like Clyne. Azpi, Iva and Alonso. That has to be the slowest, worst offensive set of fullbacks in history.

Then there are Matic and Cesc who turn like ship.

3 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Apparently Conte things that three fresh men at the 80th minute will double the team's speed and shock the opponent.
But From his three choices tonight only Moses did something.
Then from the number of names I heard tonight, we 'll have to field a team made up by the doormen of the stadium came next week.
I 'm afraid that we need fresh blood and we are getting it in very small installments.
The two celebrated youngsters, Kennedy, Loftus Cheek apparently not good for even for the bench.

against the likes of Swansea he might get away with that, but making late subs against Liverpool is just stupid, sorry.

Always awful losing to those fucks let alone getting abused for vast majority of the game. It was one proper footballing side vs a pub team. We fans deserve to ask, why? Liverpool don't have better players but their football is 1000 times better and more effective than ours. 

Fabregas, Alonso have to start from now on. Ivanovic and Oscar can't be starting XI players anymore. Anything else is derelection of duty or just plain trolling Chelsea fans. 

We also need a completely different approach when facing good teams. This is the most crucial point and it's purely a MANAGERIAL issue. I didn't see any patterns, triangles or attacking build up play. We saw it from the team in red, nothing from the team in blue. I saw very few players committed to the oppositions's 3rd.  Why? In complete contrast to Liverpool, even when they were 2-0 up. Why? It's not that we don't have the players to produce something resembling actual football. It's on Conte. Absolutely on him.

It's the manager that has to instill a forward thinking approach to his players. We aren't Barcelona. We don't have the quality of players that can produce attacking football on their own.

Hopefully, this is the LAST time I ever see the fucking disgusting sight of Azpilicueta at left back. The guy is one of the best fullbacks in the world. Being wasted. I'm tired of it. 

A midfield trio of Oscar - Matic - Kante, is ineffectual without a creative central midfielder. Oh wait, that's why we have one of the most creative central midfielders rotting on the bench while the fraud Oscar continues to delude himself and some clueless fans.

If Conte can't implement an actual style of play, (and I think he can), then we are super-fucked with another Champions-leaguless season being a real possibility. 

Goodnight and let's look forward to the next game WITH ACTUAL CHANGES IN THE FUCKING LINE-UP AND OUR APPROACH IN THE FINAL THIRD. 

7 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Apparently Conte thinks that three fresh men at the 80th minute will double the team's speed and shock the opponent.
But from his three choices tonight only Moses did something.
The two celebrated youngsters, Kennedy, Loftus Cheek apparently not good for even the bench.

Kenedy looked realy promising last season. Its a fucking disgrace that he is at Watford (and probably to our luck wont even play much), while Pedro is here.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Unfair on Matic. Thought he was solid and our best midfielder.

Oscar on the other hand I agree with. He was and is useless at everything but harassing people with the ball. Offers no cutting edge going forward with either his passing or his shooting. He's just an average player.

We either need to bring Cesc in for him or play with two forwards. 

He is like a deer in the headlights as soon as he is pressed, just like Liverpool did in the 1st half. In the 2nd half Liverpool played from deep and he had more time on the ball, but was still shite IMO. Was very lucky that the three Liverpool players concentrated on Hazard and none picked his run for the assist, when Diego Costa scored. He is a very poor and limited player. And to be thinking that Fabregas can't get a sniff at first team football because of Matic and Oscar, then I don't know......... It goes beyond footballing reasons, there is something personal going between Conte and Cesc that must be fixed asap. 

7 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

We need a new center back, Cahill is too error prone these days and so is Ivanovic, its a major worry to know you have to rely on them when they keep making mistake after mistake, Cahill needs to be benched, 2 straight games now he has farked up big time and Ivanovic too, sorry but this can´t go on, we never should have lost today, period.

We have one but he's out. Kurt ZOUMA :) roll on when we get him back again.

Nah i don't think the game was that bad. Pool are no newbies, today they were better, but they didn't have many shots on target. Chelsea had the chances to get the draw or even better. There were combinations in small space, Chelsea upped their attacking play, poor days do happen at the office.

I can't understand much of the criticism Conte's already receiving. I'm not sold on Fabregas, don't think the substitutions showed much. So far i think Conte's doing a good job, the so-called useless Matic was part of the reason for Costa's goal. Costa kept his calm, Luiz played well, big save from Courtois.

Conte's doing things differently compared with Mourinho. People should appreciate him more, it really is a different approach. Chelsea will continue to win lots of games this season, no one wants to play against this team.

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Kenedy looked realy promising last season. Its a fucking disgrace that he is at Watford (and probably to our luck wont even play much), while Pedro is here.

I love Pedro, but Kenedy should be on the bench or on the pitch.

1 minute ago, MichaelDance said:

We have one but he's out. Kurt ZOUMA :) roll on when we get him back again.

we miss him badly :( , cant wait to see him play again and give us more assurance in defence. Cheers

34 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So much for Hazard being back. Hazard, Willian, Oscar and Diego were all shit.

Absolutely pathetic that our midfield got completely bossed by He derision, Wijnaldum, and Lallana. They passed rings and us. At home! They just embarrassed us in our own home.

We just aren't nearly as far along as I thought we were. Player for player we have way better talent than they do but Klopp is such a good coach that he drags them up a level or two. 

Yeah but klopp been there for almost two seasons. 

When he first started it wasn't good. The only team that was ready made is city because they been playing good for a while, and Arsenal if some good coach take over. 

But United and us need work and you can see it in both cases this week. 

1 minute ago, MichaelDance said:

I love Pedro, but Kenedy should be on the bench or on the pitch.

Pedro took the mantle from Cuadrado for the useless big name winger on the bench. :P

7 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Kante tried to save the day with some long distance shots but apparently it ain't his strong point.

He´s great no doubt but i think he´s too light weight, gets shrugged off the ball by someone stronger, needs to buckle up more, like Essien, Toure and Makelele, then he would be even more awesome and unstoppable.

Terrible defending for their first goal and a really poor performance by our central midfield completely did for us this game.

The central midfield issue was particularly annoying because it appeared so easy to rectify; Kante and Oscar were flying all over the place attempting to win us possession, and were leaving massive gaps for Liverpool to play through. I get that Conte wants us to play proactively, but if the tactics are clearly not working so early on, he should make some attempt to change them. His subs were way too predictable (and far too late) as well, which is a shame, as he's done well with them up until now.

I also thought we didn't attack Liverpool down their left anywhere near enough after we had scored; for all the criticism he's getting above (along with most of the other players, to be fair), Willian had Milner on toast whenever he faced up against him 1-on-1, and we should have tried to force that issue more than we did. Instead, we were increasingly prone to giving the ball to Hazard and hoping that he could magic something up for us, even though Clyne was clearly getting the better of him. Add to this that our central midfield was completely incapable of building play properly when we were in possession, and you had a match that resembled just about any one of those from last year rather too much for my liking....

The only positives I can take from this match are that Luiz still possesses the recovery pace that we've been missing in central defence for a while now, Willian has apparently remembered that he can be a very good dribbler when he actually attempts to take his man on, Kante remains brilliant at dispossessing opponents, and Costa continues to score freely.

Anyway, our promising start has now faltered, and there's plenty of work to be done; let's see how it goes from here.

13 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I think we have some outdated players. For example Ivanovic. Even in his best, I would still prefer a dynamic, quick, powerfull/skilled full back ala Cole, Aurier, Alaba, Clyne etc...

And we sign Alonso. Man, I realy wish we had someone like Clyne. Azpi, Iva and Alonso. That has to be the slowest, worst offensive set of fullbacks in history.

Then there are Matic and Cesc who turn like ship.

I think as a whole we are very, very one dimensional.