N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

Base of the pitch isn't his home. The subtleness, tactical discipline and the responsibility in the build-up play of the role doesn't suit him. He's much better with the tactical freedom to search and destroy.

But he's the best option atm because the next best option in that role is Obi, but he's just too immobile (and too limited overall). But it wouldn't surprise me if Conte would turn to Obi at some point and move Kante to CM (not necessarily on permanent basis but for a while).

4 hours ago, Mceachran said:

hah!  I tried to figure out how to change my username/handle, could't figure it out.  But now I feel like it stands as a lesson to all those who get excited about a young player.

Ask one of the admins to change it for you.

2 hours ago, DYC. said:

Base of the pitch isn't his home. The subtleness, tactical discipline and the responsibility in the build-up play of the role doesn't suit him. He's much better with the tactical freedom to search and destroy.

But he's the best option atm because the next best option in that role is Obi, but he's just too immobile (and too limited overall). But it wouldn't surprise me if Conte would turn to Obi at some point and move Kante to CM (not necessarily on permanent basis but for a while).

Chalobah plays that role very well. 

8 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Chalobah plays that role very well. 

Yeah but how good is he really? As fans, we like to overrate young players, especially if they came through the academy.

He did produce some decent stuff, I agree, and because of that I think he deserves a few chances, but he didn't ride that Napoli bench all of last season for nothing. Did not impress for years before that as well. Him coming in and somehow performing against all odds would be great but you have to be realistic.

2 hours ago, DYC. said:

Yeah but how good is he really? As fans, we like to overrate young players, especially if they came through the academy.

He did produce some decent stuff, I agree, and because of that I think he deserves a few chances, but he didn't ride that Napoli bench all of last season for nothing. Did not impress for years before that as well. Him coming in and somehow performing against all odds would be great but you have to be realistic.

You people are trying to make out that it is the easiest thing to accept a loan to a different country with completely different culture. He left his whole family and his mother died last season while he was on loan at Napoli. H still was a kid at this time of his career...

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

You people are trying to make out that it is the easiest thing to accept a loan to a different country with completely different culture. He left his whole family and his mother died last season while he was on loan at Napoli. H still was a kid at this time of his career...

His mom dying is horrible (didn't know that) but that doesn't change the fact that he hasn't performed in years. My point is these young players get praised into the heavens by (most) fans because they lack that ability to be critical of 'their own' or fail to see the advantages of the physical qualities at youth level.

7 hours ago, DYC. said:

I'm talking about the attributes he has as a player more than anything. I've watched Chalobah for years and what he is, which is one thing we severely lack in the team at the moment, is a leader. Just a natural leader. He's defensively very adept having played as a CB for most of his youth career before moving up into midfield. He's got more than enough football IQ when it comes to positioning himself in front of the defence and has more than enough ability on the ball when it comes to distributing it from the back or base of the midfield. He's comfortable at that.

My point is that he has the attributes to play the role well, it's a role that's quite natural to him and he could blossom. The most important thing is that it can free up Kante to become a destroyer all over the pitch. 

I'm not saying he'll come in and perform miracles but he can definitely do a job. The dude hasn't reached his full potential yet either, so could, as you said, blossom. I don't think him coming in and doing ok is against the odds though. I believe in his talent and just think he needs to be given a chance.  

Why the fuck would our youth care and try if they know they will go straight on loan for next 4 years? They know they wont get the chance. 

The best way they succeed is if they have couple of good loans in some shithole and after they spent their youth in london at club like chelsea, the change is too much. And even then there is 5% chance they will succeed here. 

So why bother?

Any ambitious player we have would FORCE a transfer away like Pogba did at united.

Kanté gets a lot of hate on social media and the media itself saying he's shit and nowhere near his Leicester form.

I say: bullshit. He's doing just fine. It's just that our other midfielders and defenders are shit so he has to cover way too much ground.

Much better a B2B player rather than an all out DM who plays at the back of the midfield.

Good switch of tactics today to let Matic sit back and let Kante surge forward. Pressing for the ball by him and Willian in the oppositions half was instrumental today,.