Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

Top top player for sure but too expensive for his age. Rather get De Ligt.

Hell yes! de Ligt is already a beast. Between £80m for him or £80 for Koulibaly it is de Ligt hands down, due to ages. We would be set at at one CB position for at least a decade plus. Add in an even younger Ampadu plus Rudiger to be the stop-gap/rotation for a few years and we are set. But, no, we would rather fuck about with Luiz, and give him an extension. He will be bloody 33 in the spring of next season ffs.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

Top top player for sure but too expensive for his age. Rather get De Ligt.

What I really like about him is he is left footed. This will help our defense so much having one left footed player. It always helps with our passing angles. 

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, the wes said:

Did anybody seen KK asisst last night there's no centre back in the world better than him the man is a beast

shame that mobster De Laurentis doesnt want to sell to us, we were very lucky with Jorginho and Sarri

3 hours ago, the wes said:

Did anybody seen KK asisst last night there's no centre back in the world better than him the man is a beast

How is his dribbling run relevant to being best defender in the world?

It has literaly nothing to do with being CB. The standards these days...

Apparently best CBs of past few years like Pique, Bonucci, Ramos get destroyed every time they dont play in absolutely world class team when they have possesion all the time and midfield/attack who scores alot to save their ass. 

Take a look at Bonucci in Milan, Ramos this year in shit Madrid team. So called best CBs and their defending is on level of football league two. They are great distributors, but give me a break being best CBs.

Only worthy are Godin and Chiellini.

I miss days of Terry, Puyol, Nesta...you know the days when CBs were actualy good defenders AND distributors. Nowdays any semi professional runs around these "ball playing" CBs in 1v1 situations. 

Bunch of glorified David Luizes. Obviously Luiz has some great qualities but everyone knows defending isnt one of them except once in 10 games. Same goes to Ramos, Pique, Bonucci etc.

Because of these reasons I have doubt about Christensen. Massive potential, but so weak body and completely wrong mindset when on the ball, always complicating things. At least Ramos or Luiz are someone you dont mess with. Christensen needs to bulk up and become more agressive if he wants to play part here.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Not just his dribbling he's a good passer aswell he's a good all round centre back the way you want your centre back to be I just see no centre back better than him at the moment 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Not just his dribbling he's a good passer aswell he's a good all round centre back the way you want your centre back to be I just see no centre back better than him at the moment 

I rate him 2nd best in world, behind only Raphaël Varane. If I HAD to have a clean sheet and lost a man to a red, by far the first CB I would select would be Varane. I think he was the best player at the WC. That said, I would take Koulibaly for Sarriball. Main problem is his age. This is the last summer it makes an sense to pursue him (making 5 years in a row!)

We will never get him, unfortunately

fuck the Poison Dwarf

F131064_full_1_463x705.jpgImage result for napoli de laurentiis Dwarf

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

I rate him 2nd best in world, behind only Raphaël Varane. If I HAD to have a clean sheet and lost a man to a red, by far the first CB I would select would be Varane. I think he was the best player at the WC. That said, I would take Koulibaly for Sarriball. Main problem is his age. This is the last summer it makes an sense to pursue him (making 5 years in a row!)

We will never get him, unfortunately

fuck the Poison Dwarf

F131064_full_1_463x705.jpgImage result for napoli de laurentiis Dwarf

Varane has been dogshit this season, mistake after mistake. Its probably good for madrid that he picked up an injury. But otherwise I agree he was great last season and during WC.

On whole level, I do think Umtiti is better, because he is more consistent.

6 hours ago, the wes said:

Yeah he is really amazing with the ball at his feet, I love watching him play as he is entertaining, but that is nothing to say he is great defender. Obviously he is very good, has speed, strength and some good tactical understanding, but still away from being great CB. Against best opposition, still many mistakes. I remember Napoli playing some good sides in CL and Albiol was actualy the better CB in most matches if you consider defensive actions only.

On 03/11/2018 at 1:48 PM, BlueLyon said:

It has literaly nothing to do with being CB. The standards these days...

Apparently best CBs of past few years like Pique, Bonucci, Ramos get destroyed every time they dont play in absolutely world class team when they have possesion all the time and midfield/attack who scores alot to save their ass. 

Take a look at Bonucci in Milan, Ramos this year in shit Madrid team. So called best CBs and their defending is on level of football league two. They are great distributors, but give me a break being best CBs.

Only worthy are Godin and Chiellini.

I miss days of Terry, Puyol, Nesta...you know the days when CBs were actualy good defenders AND distributors. Nowdays any semi professional runs around these "ball playing" CBs in 1v1 situations. 

Bunch of glorified David Luizes. Obviously Luiz has some great qualities but everyone knows defending isnt one of them except once in 10 games. Same goes to Ramos, Pique, Bonucci etc.

Because of these reasons I have doubt about Christensen. Massive potential, but so weak body and completely wrong mindset when on the ball, always complicating things. At least Ramos or Luiz are someone you dont mess with. Christensen needs to bulk up and become more agressive if he wants to play part here.

Ramos, Pique, Bonucci are all world class.... their teams have struggled but their individual qualities and successes are there to see.

Ramos and Pique CB partners in greatest international team in the 2000s. Ramos a key part of a Madrid side who won 3 CLs. Pique part of arguably the greatest club side ever. Bonucci part of the best Juventus team theres been in years, who have won about 8 leagues in a row. These guys are some of the best about. Koulibaly is definitely a great CB too. Has no real weaknesses in all honesty and he can play too. John Terry had some moments when he played poor or when the team struggled but it didn't make him overrated either? Look at these guys consistencies over the last 10 years or so, the likes of Pique, Ramos, Bonucci have been brilliant. Can't dispute that. 

Glorified David Luiz's? Luiz isn't in the same ball park as any of those guys yes I agree but it would be an insult to call them guys glorified Luiz's.... 

30 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Ramos, Pique, Bonucci are all world class.... their teams have struggled but their individual qualities and successes are there to see.

Ramos and Pique CB partners in greatest international team in the 2000s. Ramos a key part of a Madrid side who won 3 CLs. Pique part of arguably the greatest club side ever. Bonucci part of the best Juventus team theres been in years, who have won about 8 leagues in a row. These guys are some of the best about. Koulibaly is definitely a great CB too. Has no real weaknesses in all honesty and he can play too. John Terry had some moments when he played poor or when the team struggled but it didn't make him overrated either? Look at these guys consistencies over the last 10 years or so, the likes of Pique, Ramos, Bonucci have been brilliant. Can't dispute that. 

Glorified David Luiz's? Luiz isn't in the same ball park as any of those guys yes I agree but it would be an insult to call them guys glorified Luiz's.... 

Ramos, Bonucci and Pique are only good defenders. But they are great football players. Its big difference here.

Terry had his fart moments (and not to be biased, so did Ferdinand, Vidic, Caragher etc) but they were still reliable and great defenders. They knew a thing or two about marking and tactical awarness.

Have you seen Ramos defend? He is always caught in 1v1 situations because of poor marking and makes faul to save his ass. And real fans will tell you the same. But he is great leader, motivator and scored some crucial goals. That makes him big game player, but certainly not because of his defending. Varane and Pepe prior were much more reliable defenders when paired with Ramos in recent years (after Pepe settled down). Ramos defending is straight comical. You didnt see that with Terry ever.

And Bonucci? Again he was always the worst defender in BBC. Chielini but moreso Barzagli in his prime were miles ahead. But again Bonucci being fancy passer, he got alot of fame. Once he got in Milan team that accomodated him perfectly, he wasnt just poor but worst cb in that team. It was crap team, but Romagnoli was better still, so you cant say it was because of a shit team. One would expect his experience to bring something calm to the team, but he made it worse actualy. In CL finals, he was always allover the place and Chiellini and Barzagli were again the ones to actualy mark the opponents because Bonucci was in wrong places again and again. 

Pique and Ramos were fantastic for spain yes but that team had possesion all the time and they are great at that. As pure defenders they didnt have such crazy work. Varane and Umitit had bigger role in recent world cup. Speaking of Ramos-Pique duo, they came into world cup as CL winner (Ramos) and Laliga winner (Pique). Both in fantastic form, Ramos played at his best in last few months of season and Pique was realy good alongside Umtiti who almost went unbeaten in laliga. However Pique and Ramos were terrible for Spain.

These are all fancy players and they always need a reliable and calm partner alongside to work. Put them alone or in along another fancy CB and you are in for a disaster unless your team doesnt have greatest midfield in history of football (xavi, iniesta, busquets). 

In the end they arent bad at all, dont get me wrong, but they are extremely overrated. Best defenders in barca were Puyol, Umtiti, not Pique; in Real it was Pepe and Varane, not Ramos, in Juve Chiellini and Barzagli, not Bonucci. 

But they play fancy football and media just loves them. But best defenders my ass. Alves is getting same recognition for last two seasons but he did jack shit. Media just loves to jump on such players and praise them. 

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Ramos, Bonucci and Pique are only good defenders. But they are great football players. Its big difference here.

Terry had his fart moments (and not to be biased, so did Ferdinand, Vidic, Caragher etc) but they were still reliable and great defenders. They knew a thing or two about marking and tactical awarness.

Have you seen Ramos defend? He is always caught in 1v1 situations because of poor marking and makes faul to save his ass. And real fans will tell you the same. But he is great leader, motivator and scored some crucial goals. That makes him big game player, but certainly not because of his defending. Varane and Pepe prior were much more reliable defenders when paired with Ramos in recent years (after Pepe settled down). Ramos defending is straight comical. You didnt see that with Terry ever.

And Bonucci? Again he was always the worst defender in BBC. Chielini but moreso Barzagli in his prime were miles ahead. But again Bonucci being fancy passer, he got alot of fame. Once he got in Milan team that accomodated him perfectly, he wasnt just poor but worst cb in that team. It was crap team, but Romagnoli was better still, so you cant say it was because of a shit team. One would expect his experience to bring something calm to the team, but he made it worse actualy. In CL finals, he was always allover the place and Chiellini and Barzagli were again the ones to actualy mark the opponents because Bonucci was in wrong places again and again. 

Pique and Ramos were fantastic for spain yes but that team had possesion all the time and they are great at that. As pure defenders they didnt have such crazy work. Varane and Umitit had bigger role in recent world cup. Speaking of Ramos-Pique duo, they came into world cup as CL winner (Ramos) and Laliga winner (Pique). Both in fantastic form, Ramos played at his best in last few months of season and Pique was realy good alongside Umtiti who almost went unbeaten in laliga. However Pique and Ramos were terrible for Spain.

These are all fancy players and they always need a reliable and calm partner alongside to work. Put them alone or in along another fancy CB and you are in for a disaster unless your team doesnt have greatest midfield in history of football (xavi, iniesta, busquets). 

In the end they arent bad at all, dont get me wrong, but they are extremely overrated. Best defenders in barca were Puyol, Umtiti, not Pique; in Real it was Pepe and Varane, not Ramos, in Juve Chiellini and Barzagli, not Bonucci. 

But they play fancy football and media just loves them. But best defenders my ass. Alves is getting same recognition for last two seasons but he did jack shit. Media just loves to jump on such players and praise them. 

1000000% agree on all points. Only thing we differ on is Varane over Umtiti, but they are both top 5 in world.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You