John Terry

DavidEU

To be fair, he was making some noise a few years ago towards City until we gave him that new contract. However, the fact remains is that he is still here and is still Chelsea; I don't see him 'doing a Lampard'.

And by the by, the fact that the Lampard thread is still locked is fucking bullshit. We can't express how we feel on the matter just because some don't agree or will take offence? Yes OK, some overact a bit, but its just like anything else. If some members are acting childish then they should receive warnings instead of moderators acting childish themselves by locking a thread for, what looks like, an entire season; effectively taking their ball and going home - now that is childish.

All you need to see are the 'people' who were defending his move. Therein lies the evidence as to why the thread is still closed.

However when people were heavily cursing, and wishing all types of shit towards Fernando Torres, that was a one way train that was never derailed.

TC can be funny at times.

--Back to JT, i dont know whether to be impressed or scared that our best CB is 34 years old. :noexpression::noexpression:

To be fair, he was making some noise a few years ago towards City until we gave him that new contract. However, the fact remains is that he is still here and is still Chelsea; I don't see him 'doing a Lampard'.

And by the by, the fact that the Lampard thread is still locked is fucking bullshit. We can't express how we feel on the matter just because some don't agree or will take offence? Yes OK, some overact a bit, but its just like anything else. If some members are acting childish then they should receive warnings instead of moderators acting childish themselves by locking a thread for, what looks like, an entire fucking season; effectively taking their ball and going home - now that is childish.

Then, rather than create a scene and criticise other people for being "childish", have the sense to send a PM to an admin rather than derail another thread :)

The thread was locked because people on here clearly lack the intellect to have a civilised discussion.

I've re-opened it, but at the first hint of trouble...

Anyway, back to Terry.

The goal partially covers up what was an horrendous performance by him,

He's clearly struggling playing this many games, IMO, we need to be more intelligent how we use him. Today is the first time I've ever seen him struggle so badly. I'm hoping we can use the "he's tired" excuse. If not, we need to review our centre-back options in the summer and spend big.

He's clearly struggling playing this many games, IMO, we need to be more intelligent how we use him. Today is the first time I've ever seen him struggle so badly. I'm hoping we can use the "he's tired" excuse. If not, we need to review our centre-back options in the summer and spend big.

4 games in 11 days is a lot.

4 games in 11 days is a lot.

:lol:

It is, but everyone else has had a similar run. Look at Burnley, they've basically played the same starting line-up in their four games over Christmas, and against City, for example, they only made one change.

Bring back Kalas, sell Cahill, and buy a good defender off the market. I don't trust Cahill with the armband, the defense, nothing. He is nothing without Terry and Matic, and it shows. Maybe a nice little bid for Tyrone Mings?

We should offer Terry a 2 year contract with an option to go into a non player club role thereafter, and of course, extension options. That should see us out for this Chelsea era.

Finally, even though Terry is exceptional for his age, he cannot do 4 in 11 at 34, it's simply not possible, and neither should we expect him to, but currently we have no further options other than either Zouma and Cahill, which frankly scares me in the PL, and Iva and Cahill, which I think would make me have a minor stroke.

Bring back Kalas, sell Cahill, and buy a good defender off the market. I don't trust Cahill with the armband, the defense, nothing. He is nothing without Terry and Matic, and it shows. Maybe a nice little bid for Tyrone Mings?

We should offer Terry a 2 year contract with an option to go into a non player club role thereafter, and of course, extension options. That should see us out for this Chelsea era.

Finally, even though Terry is exceptional for his age, he cannot do 4 in 11 at 34, it's simply not possible, and neither should we expect him to, but currently we have no further options other than either Zouma and Cahill, which frankly scares me in the PL, and Iva and Cahill, which I think would make me have a minor stroke.

I agree regarding Terry. He is still a brilliant defender, but he is 34 and he cannot do so many games in such a short amount of time, as you say. It's no disrespect to him, but he struggled today and you have to say that his age is now a factor.

More importantly (for me), even then, JT was completely honest with the fans about everything. I very clearly remember an interview with him, it was after he had turned City down, so it would have been very easy for him to come out and say that he never seriously thought about it and won a lot of 'free' credit with the fans like some would do). But instead, he actually said that he had considered the offer and talked it over with his friends and family and said that "it is so much easier to make such a decision when you get honest answers from the ones you love."

That pure honesty is, for me, a thousand times more valuable than all the empty words of endearment.