John Terry

DavidEU

It does amaze me how Terry has kept going.

I know our defence is offered a lot of protection by Matic, but he doesn't make the mistakes Cahill does. His judgement is still more accurate than most and he's adapted his game to accommodate for his age. It helps he was never blessed with pace, it means he can keep going how he always has done without age being too much of a factor.. Not only that, but his fitness is incredible. Other fans note it too, a die-hard United fan who goes to my university says it and respects it.

best thing he did recently was to retire from international football

Seriously though, Chelsea needs to give him a multi year contract, because cahill nor zouma is ready to take over and unless chelsea gets varane or someone else, than it should be a no brainer.

Lampard was an easy decision, but JT is not imo.

I'm a little depressed that it's his birthday to be completely honest. 34 already, it's a bitter reminder that "the captain of captains" might not be on the pitch much longer. I'm not ready for that at ALL! :cry:

Some player's are freaks that last longer than the norm like Giggs and Maldini, I actually think JT is another of them.

Look at the rest of our golden generation, Carvalho started declining at 30, Lamps after the double season, Anelka, Cole and Malouda likewise yet Terry is still playing to such a high level.

For as long as he maintains this level he will be our first choice CB regardless of how old he is.

Seriously though, Chelsea needs to give him a multi year contract, because cahill nor zouma is ready to take over and unless chelsea gets varane or someone else, than it should be a no brainer.

Lampard was an easy decision, but JT is not imo.

Agreed, I think a two-year extension isn't unreasonable. He seems like he would be respectful of Mourinho if he was to be benched in that time, if he recognised there was better talent ahead of him. Zouma and Cahill aren't ready. Even if Varane came, I'd still want Terry to mentor him..

He doesn't seem like he'd complain a la Lampard under AvB

Agreed, I think a two-year extension isn't unreasonable. He seems like he would be respectful of Mourinho if he was to be benched in that time, if he recognised there was better talent ahead of him. Zouma and Cahill aren't ready. Even if Varane came, I'd still want Terry to mentor him..

He doesn't seem like he'd complain a la Lampard under AvB

If i said the last line, I would of gotten 20 notifications of insults.. haha

Some player's are freaks that last longer than the norm like Giggs and Maldini, I actually think JT is another of them.

Look at the rest of our golden generation, Carvalho started declining at 30, Lamps after the double season, Anelka, Cole and Malouda likewise yet Terry is still playing to such a high level.

For as long as he maintains this level he will be our first choice CB regardless of how old he is.

I REALLY hope so. His leadership is unmatched and unlikely to ever be replaced.

Love JT but I really want to see us playing with a higher defensive block (not suicidally high, i.e. AVB) so we can press from the front without having huge gaps in the midfield. He's still our best CB but doesn't have the pace to play a higher line so it's a conundrum.