John Terry

DavidEU

Chelsea are Champions League contenders - but John Terry could ruin it for them
London club are in rampant form but their defence gives cause for concern.

Idris-Elba.gif

Saw it was eurosport, knew it was Paul Parker, kept on scrolling.

With the variety of managers, situations, players, and problems Terry has seen and worked with Chelsea would be stupid not to offer him a coaching role when his legs finally can't cope anymore. Same with Drogba, too - Even Costa has many lessons he could learn off him.

If only Lamps were here :(

Both our defenders have pace, or the lack thereof, as their main deficiency. That's why, yes, we always play with a low block/deep defense line regardless of which players sit in front of them.

This is less of a problem in the EPL where teams play deeper, but in Europe it can indeed become a problem.

The strange bit about that article is that it pinpoints John Terry who's been playing very well. I thought he was MoTM against Sunderland as I Courtois wasn't tested enough. Another excellent CB who can't play in a high defense line: Diego Godin.

BTW, David Luiz is doing very well at PSG, and in defense - the team plays to his strengths. The same way our current setup play to Terry and Cahill's strengths.

David Luiz is a bad example though, because he's the most unorthodox of all good defenders out there. You can find more conventional defenders who also can play in a high line - like Kompany for example - but they are expensive.

credit to Andre for not losing his shit. Great to see him still be a part of the team even though he's not playing much.

People seem to forget that Schurrle has been ill recently, which is why he hasn't been playing and even when he did, he wasn't at 100%.

This may sound ridiculous but I felt the turning point in the game was when he charged up the pitch on the left hand side and drew a player away. After that we cranked up the pressure and broke them.

JT does NOT like Tottenham. He will sometimes even do things that don't look physically possible to not see us lose against them:

JT does NOT like Tottenham. He will sometimes even do things that don't look physically possible to not see us lose against them:

This was at WHL. Walked down the tunnel past their fans shouting 'trophies' and pretending to lift one.

article-1337992-0C755127000005DC-599_306

This was at WHL. Walked down the tunnel past their fans shouting 'trophies' and pretending to lift one.

article-1337992-0C755127000005DC-599_306

Haha, yeah I remember that!

"I think I like them Tottenham lot as much as they like me!" :lol: Think that was a couple of years ago.

Haha, yeah I remember that!

"I think I like them Tottenham lot as much as they like me!" :lol: Think that was a couple of years ago.

There was that and then Lamps pointing to the Champions badges at home to Liverpool or Spurs or some other pile of rubbish. Those two always stick in my mind.

Fookin legend that man. Heart of a lion too and doesn't even hesitate to put his body on the line if there is even a slightest chance it will benefit his team. That seal dive when playing for England comes to mind and most recently in our loss to Atletico when he just threw himself at a rebound IIRC. If there is a chance I want him to properly lift the CL trophy for us as the Captain of a winning final.