Moussa Dembele

the wes

Negotiation speak: "We understand Celtic are extremely reluctant to sell in this window and would not consider a bid below £40m."

Translation: "Bloody hell, how much are they willing to pay for this bloke? Play it cool lads but don't blow it; let's squeeze every penny out of these mugs before they get away."

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, the wes said:

I doubt are board would play that type of money the most I would pay for him is £20m we could have had him on free in the summer ffs 

Eggactly that would leave us with more egg on our face bustmyballsfc!

Having only seeing him on YouTube about 15 minutes ago, he looks like a fantastic young striker. Excellent technique, good pace, power, and athleticism. Can finish in a number of ways. But these are all things I saw in Batshuayi when he moved here and he can't get a sniff.

Plus, the impressive highlights I'm seeing are against pub teams. Would be dumb to sign a striker now.

2 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

So what happens to Michy? 

Also, Dembele needs game time... can't be sitting on the bench behind Costa for weeks/months on end. 

I think Dembele would be for depth at RF/RW immediately and possible 3rd striker long-term.

9 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

perhaps... Just not sure I understand this transfer at all, for both sides tbf. 

putting aside whether or not this rumor is backed by some reality of dealing/inquiries/bids, I would just say that the football world is crazy right now with the money being spent combined with a dearth of proven talent for top tier clubs.

I wouldn't complain about it because some of us here still see Willian as someone to replace when the right moment arises. Dembele looks like a genuine goalscorer.

8 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

I think Dembele would be for depth at RF/RW immediately and possible 3rd striker long-term.

Pedro and Willian have the RF position though. This must mean a loan mover for Bats. Which I would support 

10 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

putting aside whether or not this rumor is backed by some reality of dealing/inquiries/bids, I would just say that the football world is crazy right now with the money being spent combined with a dearth of proven talent for top tier clubs.

I wouldn't complain about it because some of us here still see Willian as someone to replace when the right moment arises. Dembele looks like a genuine goalscorer.

yeah there's no doubting his quality, and potential for growth..

But he's only 20.. and I'd hate to see his career stalled because he was too eager to join a top side and sit on the bench. But if he can play RF a bit, then even better, but i doubt it. 

How this guy got to Celtic unnoticed is a wonder to me. He already was class at Fulham and he's doing very well at Celtic. Watch some videos of him in the Champions League against Manchester City. The lad's a baller. Huge talent but hey which footballer with the surname Dembélé isn't?

Oh but not happening in this window. Only at Celtic for 6 months now so.

How this guy got to Celtic unnoticed is a wonder to me. He already was class at Fulham and he's doing very well at Celtic. Watch some videos of him in the Champions League against Manchester City. The lad's a baller. Huge talent but hey which footballer with the surname Dembélé isn't?

Oh but not happening in this window. Only at Celtic for 6 months now so.

We wanted him whilst he was at Fulham. I presume Celtic came in really early for him and it was the right decision for his career. They'll make big money when he moves on.

We wanted him whilst he was at Fulham. I presume Celtic came in really early for him and it was the right decision for his career. They'll make big money when he moves on.

They will. He has big potential and yes for his career it was the best option. Scottish league is tinpot but Dembele is still a good player with lots and lots of potential.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You