Moussa Dembele

the wes

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

You probably said that about Alii too. Difference was Tottenham took a chance and now we will say he is good enough. I pointed out before but Alli was not even an U21 international regular last season which says everything. If Alli was here you would be saying the same. I agree too but it is difficult for them to get a chance because we will continue to buy and the managers are under pressure to deliver trophies.

You're right at the beginning of the year I would have said that about Alli, he forced his way into the squad though by taking the limited opportunity presented to him. That's what you have to do and its what the likes of Baker have to do. You force the team to pay attention to you then you snatch the opportunity to impress... None of the Chelsea youth players have yet shown they are ready to make the leap at 19-20yrs old. Ruben is the closest.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

You're right at the beginning of the year I would have said that about Alli, he forced his way into the squad though by taking the limited opportunity presented to him. That's what you have to do and its what the likes of Baker have to do. You force the team to pay attention to you then you snatch the opportunity to impress... None of the Chelsea youth players have yet shown they are ready to make the leap at 19-20yrs old. Ruben is the closest.

When have they been given a chance though? We all know and have seen how good Musonda is. Same as Baker. Ruben has more luck becaue of his size but you put Musonda in Tottenham or maybe even Baker, someone like Poch prob gives them chances. That is the difference.

I don't think Dembele will ever force his way into the team if he comes. He will be on a nice wage and so on but that is it. I am sure of it. And Dembele is a real talent. Just that we don't have the patience or the managers cannot take risk to give youngsters a chance here.

2 hours ago, lucio said:

" The 19-year old is out of contract at the end of the season and was at Stamford Bridge on Saturday for Chelsea's 3-0 home defeat to Manchester City. "

can't have been impressed, but he does play for Fulham....

i'm not too concerned with our young strikers... bamford has had 2 pl loans now, and done nothing.  Solanke is still 18, and should stay with Vitesse, and hopefully next season get a better goal tally

If he was at the Bridge as a guest of the club, I would guess the deal is further down the line than we think.  The result wont have had a bearing on him joining or not, the same as him looking at the table and thinking "I aint joining Chelsea, theyre 10th!"   Won't cross his mind as he probably knows next yr we will be right back up there.

If we sign him I bet he goes back there on loan as a sweetener.  It potentially harms Abraham and Solanke's chances of breaking into the first team but Abraham, I think is miles off and needs a few loans first at a decent standard of competition. U21 is not a good enough standard IMO  And Solanke gets laughed at by Vitesse fans when people call him "good".  They claim he is poor, and "to be poor in Eredivisie is quite bad for a striker"

35 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

If we sign him I bet he goes back there on loan as a sweetener.  It potentially harms Abraham and Solanke's chances of breaking into the first team but Abraham, I think is miles off and needs a few loans first at a decent standard of competition. U21 is not a good enough standard IMO  And Solanke gets laughed at by Vitesse fans when people call him "good".  They claim he is poor, and "to be poor in Eredivisie is quite bad for a striker"

Maybe a 26 year old striker, but not poor for a 18 year old in his first real season as a senior player in a country where he doesn't know the language.

On 18/04/2016 at 5:15 PM, ChelseaFanUK said:

I fear that you and they are correct. Neither Tammy nor Dom seem potential Chelsea players to me. I have to say however that Tammy is currently showing a great deal more in his hold up play than I have noticed prior to this season. Maybe his level is a bit higher than I once thought it might be but I'd say still below Chelsea's nevertheless.

Moussa Dembele Characteristics

+ Strengths

Key passes
Strong
Dribbling
Strong
Finishing
Strong

- Weaknesses

Holding on to the ball
Very Weak

Moussa Dembele's Style of Play

• Likes to do layoffs
  • Likes to dribble
  • Indirect set-piece threat
  • Likes to play short passes
  • Does not dive into tackles

I don't mind if we plan to loan him to a better league for more experience. Playing in the championship is hardly competitive enough for a young player to develop. Going abroad is usually a must if you can't break into the first team squad. 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
14 minutes ago, mccg said:

ffs surely not ,after all the summer talk 

I doubt are board would play that type of money the most I would pay for him is £20m we could have had him on free in the summer ffs 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You