Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Conte Thread

Followers 4

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

Juve's pre-season results in Conte's first season hardly looks as bad as that Juve fan suggested.

HgnGFP1.png

His last season at Juve though...

V2mbQ4P.png

Players weren't coming back from an international tourney then either. 

This is a different circumstance and one that you have to take in stride.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

Juve's pre-season results in Conte's first season hardly looks as bad as that Juve fan suggested.

V2mbQ4P.png

Italy didn't play well during Conte's friendlies too, he was experimenting here and there, but they were different during euros.

3 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I don't know what it is, whether its his lack of English(though he's pretty good) or if its his passion or just my blind optimism but I get this feeling Antonio Conte is going to rewrite the history books for Chelsea FC. There is something about this guy... I can't quite put my finger on it but I just feel his demeanour and work ethic will be the perfect compliment to what we have on and off the pitch. 

It would be amazing if he leaves Jose and Pep trailing in their wake like Jose himself did to Fergie and Wenger when he arrived the first time.

I'll be happy if we just make the top 4 this season TBH. If we can do it by beating Utd,Citeh and that North London team home n away I'd be over the moon.

• Like 3

Top 4 should be the goal. This team when Conte took over was an absolute train wreck. We all saw it yesterday. They're timid, conservative and have no confidence. If Conte wins the title this year it would be a damn miracle.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Persona said:

Top 4 should be the goal. This team when Conte took over was an absolute train wreck. We all saw it yesterday. They're timid, conservative and have no confidence. If Conte wins the title this year it would be a damn miracle.

Even last season under Guus the team did have some good movements and there was some top class moments all be it poor opposition, but showed that we still have a capable squad.

The chink was down the middle, the City game brutually exposed that, and Antonio has gone along way to fixing that with Kante in and hopefully Koulibaly to follow, could you imagine those ridiculous City counters happening on their watch? No chance.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Jason said:

HgnGFP1.png

V2mbQ4P.png

actually they're quite accurate if you consider the first two 'friendlies' were against a non-professional team and a 60-minute match (wtf is that anyway). So I suppose everyone considers the Sporting match as the first friendly. And that's a loss followed by two 1-0 wins that for all we know could have been uninspired against a couple of Mexican teams... And Juve seems to like to play their own youth, lol, that's so funny

10 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I'll be happy if we just make the top 4 this season TBH. If we can do it by beating Utd,Citeh and that North London team home n away I'd be over the moon.

if players will seriously follow Conte i think chelsea could arrive in the first two..city is the favourite imho..

2 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

if players will seriously follow Conte i think chelsea could arrive in the first two..city is the favourite imho..

Ive been round too long to listen to whos favourite. I just want Contes era to be the most successful in our history and to get our character back. We got no idea how Pep n Mou will get on with their new clubs. Owt can happen.

Hull could be the new Leicester!!

14 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

This is fake right? 

Wtf. Hopefully it's fake. But even if its true, it doesn't reveal much, I'm just more concerned that if this is true, there is a nasty rat in our club.