The Conte Thread

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Ya see Ventura raking pot shots at him in Italy saying he left him with the oldest team in their history!

I think that was more down to their board being cheap. Remember he left Juventus because of this with the board. 

Thank god our board ain't like that, and one thing I agree with Conte is that is better to spend much more on younger players with much more potential as they will last a long time. 

Like say we spend a lot on Verrati, that would be worth it because hes young and has plenty of potential. 

Juventus was not able to do that, here at Chelsea Conte will be able to do that because the board has no problem with that.....they do get a little stingy when it comes to older players with higher price as we saw with Radja. But young players with potential like we saw with Bats, they put the money down! 

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think that was more down to their board being cheap. Remember he left Juventus because of this with the board. 

Thank god our board ain't like that, and one thing I agree with Conte is that is better to spend much more on younger players with much more potential as they will last a long time. 

Like say we spend a lot on Verrati, that would be worth it because hes young and has plenty of potential. 

Juventus was not able to do that, here at Chelsea Conte will be able to do that because the board has no problem with that.....they do get a little stingy when it comes to older players with higher price as we saw with Radja. But young players with potential like we saw with Bats, they thrown the money down! 

I meant the national. Sorry.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/antonio-conte-left-us-with-our-oldest-squad-in-150-years-when-he-went-to-chelsea-italy-boss-a3389461.html

This is a comment fro and about Poch on one of their own forums

TWAT!!!

Pochettino’s Outburst After The Arsenal Game: Conte And Chelsea Do Not Own The 3-4-3 System

It is not the first time Pochettino has deployed Spurs in this formation, but it has been almost a year. Chelsea’s incredible rise since switching to this formation has been well documented. After the recent 5-0 win over Everton, the club have moved past Arsenal and Manchester City in the table. Pochettino, though, says that any team can play any formation as they are not patented. According to the Evening Standard, he said:

“I cannot say if it is a better way to play in the future but it is important to be flexible and it is a good step forward for the team to use different systems, different ways to try to play.

“Chelsea, when they played here, started with a back four and after 3-0 in the 60th minute they changed to three. But last season we played against Watford, December 28, with three centre backs. Just because Chelsea won 5-0 yesterday, they didn’t discover the system.

“Nobody owns some system like we played today.”

It remains an incredible response from the manager who has been under pressure for the last few weeks. Spurs are yet to win a game since the 2-0 success over Manchester City at the start of October. Even after the switch to the new formation, they remained below par in terms of the overall 90-minute performance. Spurs had only had one shot on target compared to Arsenal’s five, and the return of Kane gives the team a major boost going forward.

One of Chelsea’s biggest successes in this new formation has been finding a perfect role for Eden Hazard. Spurs will be strengthened by the return of their injured players like Alderweireld and Dele Alli. It remains to be seen if the manager would persist with the system for the club’s upcoming London derbies. After having just concluded a London derby, Spurs move onto two games against West Ham and Chelsea with a Champions League match against Monaco sandwiched in the middle.

I'm just gonna say that the WORD IS OUT ABOUT CHELSEA AROUND THE GLOBE. You mention Conte and Chelsea right now and you get stuff like: 

"It's like magic."

and, 

"He and Klopp have their sides running in 5th gear."

FFS, it is such a JOY for me to hear the same words in my own head resonate so loudly after a decade of underachievement at CFC. We WILL gain a larger global following with this kind of confidence and speed of play  --hopefully everyone stays healthy. Need more players in the next windows.

On 11/6/2016 at 6:58 AM, Cosmin said:

And dude, really, if you haven't been able to watch these games, I am very sorry for you. My advice would be to do the impossible if necessarry, in order to watch the next game :D  

Someone was saying that we still need reinforcements and I agree with him. I'd also like to add that, if we keep playing and winning like this, it will be much easier to attract players. They will beg their clubs to be allowed to sign for us. Who wouldn't want to play for such a strong and beautiful team with such a fantastic manager? 

Trust me I'm beating myself over it but 50+h weeks don't allow for much recreational time. Especially bitter since the Everton game is meant to have been our best football since early 2010.

Wonderful sum-up btw, thank you for it. I wonder though if there's some further context or nuancies missing from your #2. Was it as simple as a 180 by Conte following getting trashed by Arsenal (which could suggest things are not going as much according to whatever summer's "plan" was as I'd prefer, not that adaptability isn't important but still) That ESPN interview seems to suggest that's the case. Were there any key injuries adding to that decision?

6 hours ago, Kostas said:

Trust me I'm beating myself over it but 50+h weeks don't allow for much recreational time. Especially bitter since the Everton game is meant to have been our best football since early 2010.

Wonderful sum-up btw, thank you for it. I wonder though if there's some further context or nuancies missing from your #2. Was it as simple as a 180 by Conte following getting trashed by Arsenal (which could suggest things are not going as much according to whatever summer's "plan" was as I'd prefer, not that adaptability isn't important but still) That ESPN interview seems to suggest that's the case. Were there any key injuries adding to that decision?

Everton full match

Leicester

Southampton

This is the only Mounure vid I can see on Youtube I'm afraid but theres a Torrent of it you can download

I think Conte is starting to settle in his position, he knows which players he can rely on and he's got the best out of players like Hazard and Costa.

A couple of weeks back, I watched you guys destroy Leicester City with my lad (increasingly becoming a huge Chelsea fan), Hazard and Costa bossed the match, I think the majority of chances came through them and Hazard seems to have been revived to his best (perhaps even beyond that). There was rumours going around the media that Conte may have been on the verge of being sacked (before your run), with the treadmill linking Hazard with a move elsewhere - if I recall correctly I think one team was Bayern.

Once you can get a central partnership formed at the back, perhaps even replacing Terry (he still has a role to play) but what I mean is you need to find another player like him.

I've mentioned in the past, I'm not convinced Cahill is of the same mould but with the reports linking certain players to Stamford Bridge, it would seem Conte has a good grip on what is needed and what can drive the club forward.