akgw13 867 Posted October 24, 2016 Share Posted October 24, 2016 I think we definitely need competition/backup for Alonso(im a big fan of how he has played), Baba maybe but if Conte wants to bring someone in I support that. Maybe someone who can play both RWB and LWB like De Sciglio Another attacker/striker who can contribute goals from the right would be nice, Griezz has long been my dream but might be unattainable. Auba from dortmund i think could be absolutely deadly with our team, SO much speed and clinical finisher but he would be a backup plan if Costa isnt happy. Christensen, Luiz, Zouma, Cahill on the bench, could absolutely use another stud CB(preferably left footed) A b2b as competition for Matic to keep him motivated also to have another option. Conte has played ball and turned water into wine with our team (so far) Lets hope the board supports him fully in the market cause the Godfather is the real deal. kellzfresh and quickpassnmove 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kellzfresh 7,229 Posted October 24, 2016 Share Posted October 24, 2016 41 minutes ago, akgw13 said: I think we definitely need competition/backup for Alonso(im a big fan of how he has played), Baba maybe but if Conte wants to bring someone in I support that. Maybe someone who can play both RWB and LWB like De Sciglio Another attacker/striker who can contribute goals from the right would be nice, Griezz has long been my dream but might be unattainable. Auba from dortmund i think could be absolutely deadly with our team, SO much speed and clinical finisher but he would be a backup plan if Costa isnt happy. Christensen, Luiz, Zouma, Cahill on the bench, could absolutely use another stud CB(preferably left footed) A b2b as competition for Matic to keep him motivated also to have another option. Conte has played ball and turned water into wine with our team (so far) Lets hope the board supports him fully in the market cause the Godfather is the real deal. I think a goalscoring left-footer would be perfect for our 3-4-3. Dybala could be attainable if we get into champions League place good goalscorer and has long range shooting. Griezmann would be the perfect choice, but unfortunately the transfer ban on athletico will make it so hard. But if Simeone leaves athletico (his contract hasn't been renewed) we should pounce on Griezmann and automatically have one of the best attack in Europe (Hazard-Costa-Griezmann) Styles, Blue-in-me-Veins and blues.bridge 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MrExcalibur100 7,124 Posted October 24, 2016 Share Posted October 24, 2016 http://www.squawka.com/news/everything-jose-mourinho-got-wrong-against-chelsea-and-how-antonio-conte-exploited-it/806865 The JM bit reads like stuff some of us have been saying for years. Hybrid Angel, kellzfresh and Styles 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Captain Ahmed 528 Posted October 24, 2016 Share Posted October 24, 2016 Full Post Match Press Conference Antonio8 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BoyBlue96 990 Posted October 24, 2016 Share Posted October 24, 2016 5 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said: http://www.squawka.com/news/everything-jose-mourinho-got-wrong-against-chelsea-and-how-antonio-conte-exploited-it/806865 The JM bit reads like stuff some of us have been saying for years. Mou makes mistakes he has been making for years and he doesn't learn from it. That's why I said his days as manager are starting to be numbered. United think they'll get quick succes with him but I sincerely doubt and hope that they won't. If he leaves United or gets sacked there, he will be gone for good. He feels he's too good for the Bundesliga or a return to Spain or Italy so. Muzchap 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickpassnmove 924 Posted October 25, 2016 Share Posted October 25, 2016 15 hours ago, Antonio8 said: rudiger sucks.. Agree. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Antonio8 736 Posted October 25, 2016 Share Posted October 25, 2016 16 hours ago, akgw13 said: I think we definitely need competition/backup for Alonso(im a big fan of how he has played), Baba maybe but if Conte wants to bring someone in I support that. Maybe someone who can play both RWB and LWB like De Sciglio Another attacker/striker who can contribute goals from the right would be nice, Griezz has long been my dream but might be unattainable. Auba from dortmund i think could be absolutely deadly with our team, SO much speed and clinical finisher but he would be a backup plan if Costa isnt happy. Christensen, Luiz, Zouma, Cahill on the bench, could absolutely use another stud CB(preferably left footed) A b2b as competition for Matic to keep him motivated also to have another option. Conte has played ball and turned water into wine with our team (so far) Lets hope the board supports him fully in the market cause the Godfather is the real deal. totally agree..abramovic must satisfy his requests in the winter market session.. don't think we need to increase the number of players (cesc, oscar, chalobah,zouma, bat,pedro ???), we need to increase the quality in some roles (CB, RWB, LWB) imho.. quickpassnmove and akgw13 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
akgw13 867 Posted October 25, 2016 Share Posted October 25, 2016 2 hours ago, Antonio8 said: totally agree..abramovic must satisfy his requests in the winter market session.. don't think we need to increase the number of players (cesc, oscar, chalobah,zouma, bat,pedro ???), we need to increase the quality in some roles (CB, RWB, LWB) imho.. Agreed winter and summer market 100%, Quality needs to be improved, i only mentioned what we need not who I think needs/will go so the numbers should be fairly even in and out. My early out list would be: Mikel, Ivanovic, Fabregas(I know he can be magic but its clear he doesnt fit contes idea, I still hope he can make a 352 with fab work but very doubtful), Oscar(i like oscar but i just dont think he has the physicality for central midfield under conte), Terry (in the summer, will go to a smaller league for a payout, if he wants to stay on as a player/coach id keep him) So if we hit our goal and get back in CL, we bring in 3-4 and get rid of at least 5 plus our youth it should help with quality depth/expanded roster for a busier game schedule. Youth for cup games, standard/rotated team in PL, Best XI for CL. With contes demanding style we should be able to rotate and keep everyone happy and playing. Antonio8 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
El P. 1,354 Posted October 25, 2016 Share Posted October 25, 2016 It's all looking great now, but... I don't think Conte plays 3-4-3 with this squad because he wants to. He plays that because he has to. If we get right players in summer, no way we will stick to this formation. Some of fans are already imagining how would we buy some more players maybe for Willian replacement, or some new defenders, play Zouma/Christensen at back three, etc. But are you seriously telling me that you think we will play 3-4-3 for good? In translation... You really think we will play with Moses/Alonso as wing-backs and three central defenders (if we ever get two decent CBs), with no creativity from middle whatsoever? That we will play with Azpi (our by far the best defender) as a CB who is average height, or ditch him because he is no wing-back material (too defensive)? 3-4-3 is good for now, but I don't think we can reach top team level with it. And, in my opinion... That's why Mourinho never tried something like that - he wants all or nothing. Thing I really hate about him. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BoyBlue96 990 Posted October 25, 2016 Share Posted October 25, 2016 34 minutes ago, El P. said: It's all looking great now, but... I don't think Conte plays 3-4-3 with this squad because he wants to. He plays that because he has to. If we get right players in summer, no way we will stick to this formation. Some of fans are already imagining how would we buy some more players maybe for Willian replacement, or some new defenders, play Zouma/Christensen at back three, etc. But are you seriously telling me that you think we will play 3-4-3 for good? In translation... You really think we will play with Moses/Alonso as wing-backs and three central defenders (if we ever get two decent CBs), with no creativity from middle whatsoever? That we will play with Azpi (our by far the best defender) as a CB who is average height, or ditch him because he is no wing-back material (too defensive)? 3-4-3 is good for now, but I don't think we can reach top team level with it. And, in my opinion... That's why Mourinho never tried something like that - he wants all or nothing. Thing I really hate about him. My thoughts aswell. If he gets all the players he wants he moves to 3-5-2 instantly. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Unionjack 7,531 Posted October 25, 2016 Share Posted October 25, 2016 25 minutes ago, El P. said: 3-4-3 is good for now, but I don't think we can reach top team level with it. I dont see any reason why it wouldn't work against anyone given the right upgrades in some positions. Even take it to 3-5-2 but its a fluid formation.All we can do is see how it plays out. I can't see it being the ONLY formation the Don uses. Its not written in stone. But if you cant see that its working right now and it fits some of the players we have then youre watching different games to me. The best thing that happened to Conte joining us was we aren't in Europe. The breaks and less games gives him time to practice and really get to know rthe lads strengths/weaknesses. Its taken some games but hes finding a working TEAM. It upsets me that we cant use Cescy but I understand it. I would like to give Chalobah a few games beside Kante in this 3-4-3 I think he could give us some creativity. Maybe play him against the Pikeys. Will be intersting to see the selections. I cant see Roman having any problems with the Don specially after Sunday but it wouldn't suprise me one bit IF hes had chats with Simeone. Try to bring him and Griezmann in a double. But I persoinally think he just might goto Mounure or North London if Vinegar tits doesn't get his 2 year extension. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
El P. 1,354 Posted October 25, 2016 Share Posted October 25, 2016 1 minute ago, Unionjack said: But if you cant see that its working right now and it fits some of the players we have then youre watching different games to me. 42 minutes ago, El P. said: It's all looking great now, but... I don't think Conte plays 3-4-3 with this squad because he wants to. I see it's working now, don't worry, I am really pleased with performances. But I noticed that great number of our fans are sure we will play 3-4-3 for good, which I don't think is a case. We will play whatever formation suits our players, which is great. But we will buy/develop good defender(s), I'm sure. And we will probably buy creative midfielders. And then - bye bye 3-4-3. Just saying - don't get your perception as we will build squad around 3-4-3/3-5-2 formation. People don't use that formations often for a reason. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Popular Post! akgw13 867 Posted October 25, 2016 Popular Post! Share Posted October 25, 2016 I think it will be a mix of 352/343 going forward depending on who we buy, Conte favours both systems so i dont think you can say he prefers the 352 over the 343, with our team the 343 just works better but the formation accomplishes what Conte deems important. As @Unionjack said its all fluid, Conte wants his players to understand his philosophy and make it work on the pitch. Also I don't understand the knock on Alonso/Moses? They have done exactly what they are supposed to do and with great effort, what more would you want from your wing backs in the situation @El P.? We havent let a goal in, and our attack has looked pretty great lately. 11Drogba, Barbara, Hybrid Angel and 2 others 5 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
El P. 1,354 Posted October 25, 2016 Share Posted October 25, 2016 4 minutes ago, akgw13 said: I think it will be a mix of 352/343 going forward depending on who we buy, Conte favours both systems so i dont think you can say he prefers the 352 over the 343, with our team the 343 just works better but the formation accomplishes what Conte deems important. As @Unionjack said its all fluid, Conte wants his players to understand his philosophy and make it work on the pitch. Also I don't understand the knock on Alonso/Moses? They have done exactly what they are supposed to do and with great effort, what more would you want from your wing backs in the situation @El P.? We havent let a goal in, and our attack has looked pretty great lately. I'm more than happy now, with what I see from wing backs. From what we have, this is the best we can do, it's all good from that perspective. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Unionjack 7,531 Posted October 25, 2016 Share Posted October 25, 2016 6 minutes ago, El P. said: I see it's working now, don't worry, I am really pleased with performances. But I noticed that great number of our fans are sure we will play 3-4-3 for good, which I don't think is a case. We will play whatever formation suits our players, which is great. But we will buy/develop good defender(s), I'm sure. And we will probably buy creative midfielders. And then - bye bye 3-4-3. Just saying - don't get your perception as we will build squad around 3-4-3/3-5-2 formation. People don't use that formations often for a reason. Pep used 3-4-3 at Bayern. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jase 43,479 Posted October 25, 2016 Share Posted October 25, 2016 16 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said: http://www.squawka.com/news/everything-jose-mourinho-got-wrong-against-chelsea-and-how-antonio-conte-exploited-it/806865 The JM bit reads like stuff some of us have been saying for years. It says a lot when their best attacking threat on the day was Antonio Valencia. We might have stopped them from creating any meaningful chances and perhaps we shouldn't be surprised but it's still rather shocking that they were so clueless in possession. All they did was (1) shoot from distance and (2) give Valencia the ball to put in the crosses - that's like us last season with Ivanovic, hoping that one of his hit-and-hope crosses will come off. Hybrid Angel, MrExcalibur100 and Fernando 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Unionjack 7,531 Posted October 25, 2016 Share Posted October 25, 2016 29 minutes ago, Jason said: It says a lot when their best attacking threat on the day was Antonio Valencia. We might have stopped them from creating any meaningful chances and perhaps we shouldn't be surprised but it's still rather shocking that they were so clueless in possession. All they did was (1) shoot from distance and (2) give Valencia the ball to put in the crosses - that's like us last season with Ivanovic, hoping that one of his hit-and-hope crosses will come off. Ive read and watched alot of pundits and online reporters cunts going on about Mounure either being shite or unlucky or the game woulda been totally different IF 1. Luiz was sent off or 2. We hadn't scored so quick. Theres hardly any thats been pro us or saying how good we played. I'm quite used to all that shit tho as its the normal crap we get and it makes a nice change being the underdog and being on a good streak. But it would be nice now n then for the lads to get a good pat on the back and more than Eden to be written as playing well. Ive hardly seen N'Golos name mentioned and he was the dogs. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
the wes 7,212 Posted October 25, 2016 Share Posted October 25, 2016 Mourinho is a joke pulling conte this is a manager who disrespect Paul Lambert and Roy keane by trying to shake their hand before the final whistle of a game Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kellzfresh 7,229 Posted October 25, 2016 Share Posted October 25, 2016 I found this video on MOTD of how our centerbacks cover for each other in the wide areas due to their speed. And how Conte has made them fluid at it. https://streamable.com/e49s Amblève., Muzchap, Unionjack and 1 other 4 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jernej93 569 Posted October 25, 2016 Share Posted October 25, 2016 Both Payet and Mahrez should be available in january transfer window as their clubs are in very poor form I would love one of them on right wing Just bring some quality players, we don't need quantity Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.