Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Conte Thread

Followers 3

7 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

I always sign Lampard, Drogba, Cech as CFC youth trainers in Football Manager when I'm a few years forward in the game. JT always becomes my assistant as he goes into managing in FM16. 

Hope it happens in real life one day...would be epic. 

Oh, and Cole was my director of football. Did a much better job than Emenalo lol. 

Yeah that would be great if it happened one day, i did that when i trained Chelsea :) if i remember correctly i think it was when i played FM 2012, after a few seasons i offered Terry, Lampard and Drogba coaching jobs and they all accepted, Lampard got the assistant job and Terry director of football i think and Drogba youth coach, it was great, we won so many titles at senior and youth level. Cech however wanted game time so i had to sell him, as i was using Courtois, can´t blame him really, but only outside of England, i never sold my best players or legends to rivals in the premier league, Cech would never join Arsenal if i was a coach that´s for sure ;)

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

I wonder what Conte is going to do about the Terry situation. Terry is our best centerback in terms of organization, positioning and awareness but I don't know if he fits in the back 3. 

If he plays on the left side of the 3 it could get ugly if Alonso is up the pitch and Terry has to come out to defend against a quick player. In fact this will happen a lot with this formation, that's why Conte always played quick centerbacks on either side of the 3 (Cheilini, Barzagli, Caceres) 

If we put Terry in the centre, we're removing a huge part of our creativity if we move luiz to the left side, because luiz will never get as much space and time on the left side to ping the passes and create chances as he'll get in the center. This will automatically take away part of our build up play and creativity. And the ball playing centreback in the middle is a huge part of Conte's system, that's why Bonucci always played in the middle. 

It'll be interesting to see how Conte navigates this. 

• Like 3
On 10/16/2016 at 0:11 PM, Antonio8 said:

terrible chelsea trained by a complete idiot is 3 points from the incredible spectacular city trained by jesus christ..

you're so ridicolous..

come on conte, you're the truth--..

You are taking this too far. The vast majority of the Chelsea fanbase agrees that Conte is the right man for the job. It's just we're discussing other things too. By saying Guardiola is the best manager in the world does not mean that we want Conte gone. It's just simple discussions on a football forum. This is not RAWK where cults are being built around managers or players (no matter how shite they are) and you are not allowed to speak a bad word about them. 

4 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

You are taking this too far. The vast majority of the Chelsea fanbase agrees that Conte is the right man for the job. It's just we're discussing other things too. By saying Guardiola is the best manager in the world does not mean that we want Conte gone. It's just simple discussions on a football forum. This is not RAWK where cults are being built around managers or players (no matter how shite they are) and you are not allowed to speak a bad word about them. 

i find quite ironic that some kind of post about guardiola come out after chelsea' defeats or news about hypothetic conte' dismissal..

that type of posts are for me ridicolous ok? it's my personal opinion, i don't want to insult someone..and if you feel insulted by me warn the mod..

by the way yesterday pep gave the world the demonstration about "how best he is" without messi..

Fucking mastermind. The best manager in the league with Pep and Poch. Imagine if we actually signed all the players he wanted. Kante and Radja in the midfield. Koulibaly in the back 3.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Styles said:

Conte is winning me over.

I haven't enjoyed a game / win like today's in a hell of a long time.

Team is turning into unit. Not once did I think about the greatness of an individual today. Desperately hoping he'll be succesful in doing so.

• Like 4

What the hell was Mourinho trying to even say with that gesture towards Antonio? What humiliation? Terrible mind games from him. Ignore him, Antonio, just ignore him.

• Like 1