The Conte Thread

14 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

I admit we have a very poor technical base that makes keeping possession very difficult. But the defence is also a huge part of this possession and as you can see from ivanovic and cahill's blunders on the ball they cause panic when in possession and yet are all terrible in defending. I mean we all saw a long sprint from bellerin to catch pedro. Who in our defense can defend one on one like that??? Must we park the bus before we can defend?? 

The pressing has to do with Conte's system imo but even under Mourinho's pressing our defense still didn't cover themselves in glory. 

I see some of what you have said slightly differently to the way you do. Where I fully agree with you however is that the back four are a part of our attack just as much as our front six are a part of our defence. I didn't say the back four shouldn't get any of the blame; I only said they get too much of it. 😊

6 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Tbh, if Matic, Ivanovic and Cahill will be forced out of the team because of yesterday's result, I'm happy that the game turned out as it did. Ever since the game against Spurs during 14/15 season, I've been hoping that they get sacked. It's finally happening and we are finally going to fix a problem that has been there for 2 (!!) years.

The 3-5 game?

2 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

:clap:

FB_IMG_1474868472010.jpg

Conte has seen that our defense is our albatross, our burden that wants us to park the bus in the 18box before they put a good defensive performance.

He was used to dogged defenders like Cheilini getting tight against attackers and fast enough to keep up with them in one on one situations, now he's met people who put their hands behind their backs, back off and let crosses in easily and others who moonwalk to our goal till the striker is too close to score. 

Hopefully we can carry this defence cross and still somehow make top 4.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

See this is the problem, we do not allow managers enough time and for me one of the reasons why Cahill and Ivanovic are still here is because the new incoming managers are like "OK, lets see how they fair under me" Conte needs to be allowed to make his blue print on this team and what better way than selling these two along with another 4/5 more.

caceres..i would take him right now..

abramovic should think to improve the squad not to blame conte..

ivanovic and cahill make chelsea lose more than 6 points in PL..

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Thank heavens the media has caught up with our dissatisfaction with Ivanovic and Cahill. I really thought that everyone else but our fans were oblivious to it. 

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

Just a problem with this post. Two words.

Jose Mourinho.

Yes him but also the so called 'People behind the scenes' not doing their part either. This hasn't just been something that has happened in weeks, this deterioration has been visible for at least 2/3 seasons.

3 hours ago, Mana said:

If true, then I can't BELIEVE it took a miserable Arsenal defeat for Conte to see the damn light, that most Chelsea fans have been seeing for the past 2 years.

GET RID. And I don't wanna see them both again unless for emergencies when we have no one else. They should last picked from anyone else in the squad, including youths.

As someone said earlier, maybe this Arsenal defeat was for the best as now we may FINALLY move forward from the suicidal duo.

Why can't you believe it took a defeat like this for him to see the light when previous managers have persisted with these two after worse performances?

We beat Leicester last week with Alonso and Azpilicueta playing the flanks. Granted we went 2-0 down but nobody will convince me that those two being allowed to start against Arsenal would of been any worse than what we saw on Saturday.

But once a fucking we win and the following game we revert to type and the same old faces come back into the line up.....

Pathetic.

25 minutes ago, Mana said:

Because it just baffles the mind. Anyone who has watched Chelsea for the past year or so should know that at Ivanovic and Cahill are the weaknesses in the defense. Ivanovic the biggest offender. When Pep came in to City, he took no crap from anybody and dropped the pathetics off the first team. Why can't Conte be like that? I don't want ANY favoritism, that would walk to the first team even though they're shit. At the very least, he should have dropped them both after the Liverpool defeat. I mean, has Conte been watching Cahill for the past number of games and saw how Cahill constantly gives the ball away in suicidal areas?

I'm just sick of seeing both of them backing off, with their hands tied behind their backs.

Anyway, what matters now is that hopefully these guys are dropped. I'll go insane if not.

Just for the past year? Cahill and Ivanovic have been liabilities for at least 2/3 seasons now. My point is, be happy Conte is realising this very early in his career here (hopefully). 

The big thing now is will he make it until the next transfer window. We have some huge games coming up and right now looking at how we are playing I can see us losing them all. Hull, Leicester and United next three....

Wouldn't surprise me to see him sacked if we don't collect a good number of points from those three. We all know how trigger happy Roman is.

Watch this space.