The Conte Thread

1 hour ago, DYC. said:

Willian needs De Bruyne and Hazard.

Fabregas needs Atletico's defence and Vidal and Modric.

Oscar and Matic need Jesus, Mohammed and Moses. And Buddha.

Kind of amazing how Mourinho and the TD managed to find these players.

I was reading this and... Willian, yes yes, ok. Fabregas, yes yes, ok. Oscar... Jesus (Navas), Mohammed (Salah) and Moses (Victor). I WAS LIKE WTF DUDE :D And then comes Buddha, and then I realized...

Chelsea’s Antonio Conte says he has no magic wand to solve team’s problems

Chelsea manager points out 10th place last season shows scale of his task
John Terry to miss Saturday’s game at Hull after being kicked on ankle

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/30/chelsea-antonio-conte-no-magic-wand

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/30/chelsea-antonio-conte-no-magic-wand

He had whole preseason, right? He doesn't only have 11 players that play every game in the squad, right? 

1 hour ago, jernej93 said:

He had whole preseason, right? He doesn't only have 11 players that play every game in the squad, right? 

Yeah but he wanted like 5 players in the summer after Kante and Bats. And the club didn't get anyone one except their choice at last minute window.

He knew the team was crap but the club didn't do much.

11 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Transition is constant for us because of the amount of managerial changes we make. We will not be stable until a manager is allowed to implement their ideas and structure.

Edit: Double post.

16 hours ago, Fernando said:

This is true! We cannot keep expecting miracles - the club has been badly run for ages and we are now reaping what we have sowed. 

We need to identify a football philosophy (it pains me to say, as Man City have) and then shape the club , Acadamy, coaches and players to suit that philosophy. The constant chopping and changing is doing us no favours! 

I believe this might actually be a reality under Conte as long as Roman can keep his itchy finger buried somewhere! 

I just dont understand

To attacking the opponent, our left side (where hazard plays) most of the time is his best weapon when comes to attack.

But why he for so many games let hazard surround by useless player when attack ??

Hazard didnt have any help at all. No one to create good linkup. What he have around him is a inverted fullback which barely make overlap run, far from good to support like natural lb. Hardly create spaces or make excellent 1-2 combination. And Matic oh my god i dont know what to say anymore

Midfielder who consistently clueless and akward on the ball, poor tehcnique, didnt have passing range, cannot shoot, not really intelegent, slow and pathetic when get any pressure.

Why just why ??

So unfair when compare to sanchez and sterling situation

Finally played a formation he knows best. I hope dropping ivanovic was for real, that would be fantastic. And most importantly, I hope he gives kante more freedom to go forward and play box to box like today and tells Matic to sit back and play the holding role, because that suited them perfectly.

Small positive steps at least.  

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I would actually argue we do have a football philosophy in our Academy Coaches and Academy players. 

The problem is, the Board and Roman don't want to commit to that philosophy for whatever reason when it comes to the First team. Either they hire the wrong managers for possesion based football (Mourinho Mark II, Roberto Di Mateo) or Hire the right manager for that style of play but don't arm him with the correct players for that style (AVB, and Conte). 

This tweet sums it up. 

Fair point - but our loan style is haphazard to say the least and not really helping any players break through - I guess that is linked to the first team manager spot being a merrygoround every season :(

21 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Fair point - but our loan style is haphazard to say the least and not really helping any players break through - I guess that is linked to the first team manager spot being a merrygoround every season :(

Merry to around would not be be bad if an average manager last 3 seasons. Can do a lot of damage in three seasons. 

Conte to me continues to show his good. Only reason to sack is if your bad and the only bad we had that merited short term sacking was Scolari and di Matteo. 

After that everyone should have had at least 3 years. 

I have misgivings about perfomance against Hull. First half the team was REALLY bad and was easily one of the most unisnpired performances I've seem since AVB days. 2nd half the team really improved, but great goals from Willian and Costa came from individual plays, and most of our chances in the 2nd half came from long shots from outside the box. 

To be fair the team looked solid at the back, and there is no doubt Zouma, Terry and Luiz will make the back 3 when all of them are available.