The Conte Thread

3 hours ago, Darogba said:

You could see the changes in Liverpool as soon as Klopp took over even when they were losing. Like I said, I don't mind us losing and I'm willing to give him time but he has to show signs that it's worth waiting and right now there's nothing. 

Nothing? Please explain. Were you not celebrating when he made tactical changes and we won games coming from behind? Would this have happened last season in your opinion?

The club failed in the market window, he is managing the same lot who failed miserably last season. This season is a write off, give him the players he needs and we will see more signs than "nothing".

4 hours ago, Darogba said:

You could see the changes in Liverpool as soon as Klopp took over even when they were losing. Like I said, I don't mind us losing and I'm willing to give him time but he has to show signs that it's worth waiting and right now there's nothing. 

You haven't watched all of our games this season have you?

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

You haven't watched all of our games this season have you?

I have but could claim I haven't....The amount of time I have hid behind the sofa when the back 4 get it:lol:

i think kante shold be drooped out, he played really bad in his last 2 matches. i would start with ainaChalobah, alonso, azpi at the back with RLC and oscar as MC, as wingers with moses and hazard and costa and michy as 2 strikers side by side. i know RLC need to run more and play better that he did until now but we need to give him a chance. what do you think about this XI?

1 hour ago, blueblood22 said:

i think kante shold be drooped out, he played really bad in his last 2 matches. i would start with ainaChalobah, alonso, azpi at the back with RLC and oscar as MC, as wingers with moses and hazard and costa and michy as 2 strikers side by side. i know RLC need to run more and play better that he did until now but we need to give him a chance. what do you think about this XI?

3 fullbacks and a kid that haven't played as CB for ages as back 4? Oscar that plays 4 good games in a season and a overrated kid in midfield? Sorry no. Back four should consist of Alonzo and Azpi as fullbacks And Luiz and Terry as Cb (If not Terry then give Tomori a chance). I vould like to try the midfield of Chalobah as CDM Fabregas and Kante. Kante should roam freely and try to intercept their attacks and try to move the team forward. And i agree on Moses, he should start instead of Wilian without a doubt

11 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

No one is asking Conte to drop all the under performing players and replace them with Under-21 players

Replacing one senior first team player with a youngster shouldn't be a problem. 

A small change in the lineup may be a good thing. For example: Try Chalobah in midfield alongside Kante, see if it makes our midfield more dynamic against the opposition..

I certainly agree with that, and like I said before, Chalobah should be getting minutes.

What if Conte has already tried Chalobah in practice along with Kante? What if Chalobah has been poor in training, or Matic wins every dispute with Chalobah in practice (just making stuff up as I don't know). Or what if Conte is worried about winning some aerial duels esp in set pieces in our area with a squad that is on the short side?

I am sure he will make changes and try new players, esp the more ready one like Chalobah, but i don't expect this jump in performance some do. I think if you play Chalobah instead of Matic, for example, the differences would be subtle.

55 minutes ago, Robguima said:

I certainly agree with that, and like I said before, Chalobah should be getting minutes.

What if Conte has already tried Chalobah in practice along with Kante? What if Chalobah has been poor in training, or Matic wins every dispute with Chalobah in practice (just making stuff up as I don't know). Or what if Conte is worried about winning some aerial duels esp in set pieces in our area with a squad that is on the short side?

We've seen Chalobah play in preseason and he was one of our best performers. And if I recall correctly, he looked good even with Fabregas next to him. We don't know what happens in practice, but whatever does, I'm not buying it.

33 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Really need to stop referencing the preseason in relation to Chalobah... He averaged like 20mins against tired teams, its not exactly the same as starting in the premier league.

I just think he deserves a chance because our other options(aside from Kante) have been well off the pace. 

Not necessarily tired, but at least we agree that he should be given an opportunity, instead of playing it "safe" all the time with Matic and Oscar or heaven forbid - Mikel.

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

The way some of you here are moaning about Conte and even asking for him to be sacked is farcical. Would make you people great candidates to replace Emenalo, Maria etc in the boardroom. Sure, Conte has made some mistakes in his reign but tell me, which managers do not make mistake? Even the best do. Conte deserves time to prove he can learn from mistakes and improve himself and he certainly deserves time considering how much he's being let down by the incompetent board and players. Conte isn't a manager we got from the lower leagues and has no experience at the highest level. He's a manager who has had big success in his two previous jobs and has pedigree and credibility to go with him.

And here's the big question, if we sack Conte now, who the hell are we going to appoint? Call Hiddink again for his third stint? There's no top manager out there right now that's suitable for the job. If we continue to call for managers to be sacked the minute something goes wrong and actually sack him without proper backing, then we would forever be stuck in this cycle and would never get back to the elite level we were once in.

The Hiddink appointment last season made no sense. What's the point of papering over the cracks when you know there are significant problems in the first team?

I thought things would change this season but the same problems from last season are showing up again (players jogging around, attacking midfielders standing around waiting for the ball, defenders looking clueless without Terry, Courtois being cocky).

I feel bad for Conte, he comes over from Italy, where he demands respect from his players (both at club and international level) and he gets stuck with a Chelsea squad who are known to put their 'tools down' if things don't go according to plan. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The way some of you here are moaning about Conte and even asking for him to be sacked is farcical. Would make you people great candidates to replace Emenalo, Maria etc in the boardroom. Sure, Conte has made some mistakes in his reign but tell me, which managers do not make mistake? Even the best do. Conte deserves time to prove he can learn from mistakes and improve himself and he certainly deserves time considering how much he's being let down by the incompetent board and players. Conte isn't a manager we got from the lower leagues and has no experience at the highest level. He's a manager who has had big success in his two previous jobs and has pedigree and credibility to go with him.

And here's the big question, if we sack Conte now, who the hell are we going to appoint? Call Hiddink again for his third stint? There's no top manager out there right now that's suitable for the job. If we continue to call for managers to be sacked the minute something goes wrong and actually sack him without proper backing, then we would forever be stuck in this cycle and would never get back to the elite level we were once in.

True. Change of coach would be worst decision atm. Conte is getting to see how shit some players are and will make changes sooner or later. Change the coach and it will again take half year for them to see who is good and who is bad, but by then they will get the sack and rollercoaster will continue, while shit players will keep playing.

I do agree we should keep him till end of season no matter what (unless some realy poor results), but if he doesnt bench Iva and Cahill, its beyond me to understand him. Perhaps is true that we dont have better replcements, but it was no doubt Conte who brought Alonso for 25m here and now he doesnt consider him better than Iva? Why would you then pay 25m for someone who will be on bench when you could keep Kenedy and spend that money on better choice. Thats bollocks and its going to be terrible to have a manager like that if this theory is true.

Also, I dont think Conte is good with youth. If he was he would groom young players to the team (considering we have many shit players needed to be replaced), but he didnt yet because either 1.) He doesnt know how to develop young players or 2.) He doesnt consider certain players being shit.

Either way its very bad for future of chelsea.

During the span of next few months we will see. I wont mind if we lose games with young players who will be developing or if players give 100%. However if the players show no desire and if young ones arent integrated, meaning same shit players will keep playing, then its obvious Conte is not the solution.

Right now its way too early to judge, it worked in begginig, now not anymore and Conte must fix this. We will see how he does from now on when he, we and everyone else knows that changes have to be made.

2 hours ago, MefiX19 said:

3 fullbacks and a kid that haven't played as CB for ages as back 4? Oscar that plays 4 good games in a season and a overrated kid in midfield? Sorry no. Back four should consist of Alonzo and Azpi as fullbacks And Luiz and Terry as Cb (If not Terry then give Tomori a chance). I vould like to try the midfield of Chalobah as CDM Fabregas and Kante. Kante should roam freely and try to intercept their attacks and try to move the team forward. And i agree on Moses, he should start instead of Wilian without a doubt

if we give our youth players the name kids they will never get there chances because they will be treated like kids. yes i think he is a better CB then Luiz and i don't know what happend to chaill since terry not playing, i think we are lacking two importent think at the back: the first one is pace and the second one is concentration and i think Chalobah have them both, i don't know if he is the best tackler but i think a player that played all is youth career as a CB, all the coaches at chelsea youth chose him to play in that role for a reason. and in waltford,n.forest he played a lot of time as a CB and in middlesbrough some time as well so yes if we didn't had problems at the back i will play him as a DM but at the situation we are at i will put him to the back 4 immediately. conte bought alonse from the start with the thinking to put him at the back 3. i have no problem to give tomori a chance as well but i think the odds is against him because if conte thought he deserve a chance he was at the bench already in previous games. i have great faith in oscar although what people say here about him, and i think he is playing really well since the start of the season, i don't think fabergas played one good game, against Leicester all 90 min he was shit and only his goals in extra time gave him the opportunity to start the last game and it was a big mistake, he is not conte type of player. i agree with you RLC should prove himself a lot but why not give him a real chance before drooping another HG player to the chelsea horrifying statistic? you all say play with the youth but when they don't show immediate results you start saying drop him out he is not good enough for us. we must be patience specially with our youth players.