The Conte Thread

Conte is definitely somewhat at fault but Ivanovic came out and basically said the team didnt believe in the tactics. if the team doesnt buy in it will never work. 

I am a very big fan of Conte and think he will succeed here in the long term. We have finally hit rock bottom and i think it is needed to hit the bottom to build back up. Everyone can see what a fraud Ivanovic is, Cahill seems like he wants to do well but just cant cut it. Our midfield/attack lack fluidity and our D is in shambles as we all know. 

The talk about firing Conte is absolute madness in my personal opinion, the team finished 10th last year and there hasn t been enough changes/reinforcements/Depth to make a full step forward also he has only been here for just over 2 months. It will take a lot longer for him to get the team the way he wants.

It sucks watching us stink up the field but I firmly believe that you need fail and hit the bottom to realize the depths of our problems. Every person from the board to the coach to the players has failed each other. Conte will fix this mess and if he doesn't we are in VERY big trouble, more than any singular manager can fix i dont care who they are.

These are just my opinions and i know they are a little late but i find people get way to emotional right after the games.

Conte has to take a lot of blame due to the fact taht he is the one that is selecting the players,who do not deliver good performances.
Why does he believe that Ivanovic,Cahill,Matic and Willian belong in our starting line up?I can accept that Cahill has to play because we do not have any other option left(Tomori could play though),but there is no excuse for giving Ivanovic,Matic and Willian so many fucking chances.

In which world is Matic a box to box player?He is useless in that position. What does he bring for our midfield apart from height?Let Chalobah or RLC(his best position is still no.8) play..

Ivanovic is an horrible defender and that is the third season in a row,where he is showing how bad he is. I do not know why Conte,Hiddink and Mourinho are selecting him.I really do not know. I respect Guardiola for having the balls to bench big characters like Ibrahimovic or Yaya Toure,when they do not deliver. If we had Pep as our coach,Ivanovic would have gone before the transfer window closed because Ivanovic has the worst right back technique of al time.

Willian is a good,sometimes very good player,but he is a shit right winger.He is useless there.He is a good option as a no.10,but he can´t play as a winger,so why does Conte not give Moses a chance,who did not play one bad match under Conte?Moses delivers,runs a lot and he actually can dribble with the ball and get past defenders.Willian is not the type to get past defenders when he is playing as a winger.

So if Conte fixes those 4 issues,we can reach Top 4 andthen improve the squad in the summer window.

My line up would be

-----------------------Costa

Hazard---Cesc-------Chalobah------Moses

----------------------Kante

Alonso---Luiz----Zouma--------Azpi

Chalobah has good defensive abilities and he can actually play great passes and he plays the ball much faster with more brain. Obviously,he needs some game time to improve and to get to his best form because he did not play one PL game and lacks match fitness,but he ha far more to offer that Matic.

If Conte now starts to give Oscar again chances,we have one more problem to solve....

Roman Abramovich will provide Antonio Conte with funds to resolve defensive crisis at Chelsea. #CFC (Mail)

Roman Abramovich is said to be sympathetic towards his latest manager, thanks largely to the team's defensive deficiencies. #CFC (Mail)

Conte's current back-four does not have the personnel he envisaged in pre-season - a failing the Blues owner is aware of. #CFC (Mail)

Conte & his staff have privately acknowledged his side's defensive options need replenishing during the next 2 transfer windows. #CFC (Mail)

Abramovich will make significant cash available to his manager to ensure Conte has a fair crack at solving defensive problems. #CFC (Mail)

Antonio Conte thinks about a move for Leonardo Bonucci, as early as January (Gazzetta dello Sport) #CFC #Juventus

35 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Roman Abramovich will provide Antonio Conte with funds to resolve defensive crisis at Chelsea. #CFC (Mail)

Roman Abramovich is said to be sympathetic towards his latest manager, thanks largely to the team's defensive deficiencies. #CFC (Mail)

Conte's current back-four does not have the personnel he envisaged in pre-season - a failing the Blues owner is aware of. #CFC (Mail)

Conte & his staff have privately acknowledged his side's defensive options need replenishing during the next 2 transfer windows. #CFC (Mail)

Abramovich will make significant cash available to his manager to ensure Conte has a fair crack at solving defensive problems. #CFC (Mail)

Antonio Conte thinks about a move for Leonardo Bonucci, as early as January (Gazzetta dello Sport) #CFC #Juventus

Well if that's true that kind of confirms my view off Roman from earlier on and that his trigger happy nature is widly exaggerated.

I am in the opinion that managers need to earn time, even if the results aren't there immediately show signs of progress and positivity that will make the club believe that we will be rewarded by showing patience. That's were the likes of AVB and full time Robbie collapsed, because they shown nothing.

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Well if that's true that kind of confirms my view off Roman from earlier on and that his trigger happy nature is widly exaggerated.

I am in the opinion that managers need to earn time, even if the results aren't there immediately show signs of progress and positivity that will make the club believe that we will be rewarded by showing patience. That's were the likes of AVB and full time Robbie collapsed, because they shown nothing.

The funny thing is, out of all the average/interim managers we've had, Benitez was the only one who showed signs of progress. 

Hopefully Conte is backed by the board.  

After carefully listening to Conte, I have to say that he's both 100% correct and his strategy, by stating that publicly, is very risky and at most will work once, and only once.

If he does reiterate that he will lose players, and with a squad as small as we have, he'd be in dire straights very quick. I don't share the belief that most youngsters can replace senior squad members without a drop, not necessarily in technique but in all other aspects of the game.