Chelsea v PSG

Jase

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't wanted to win a game so badly in ages. I want to shut those smug bastards up and watch them cry since their entire season will be over and rendered pointless. I love Zlatan but he's so arrogant and dismissive of us that I want to end his CL dream. Wouldn't mind seeing David Luiz cry, either. 

I just hope we'll be able to maintain a consistently high level of play throughout the match and not just a good 20 minutes or something like we did in Paris and just get played off the park for the majority of the time. We can't be scared of them like we were for much of that game. We proved that their defense can be exposed and we should've scored multiple goals.

Anyone else would gladly take a 0-0 first half? 

An early goal might be dangerous as the tendency would be sit back and defend it.

On the other hand, we're likely to concede in the 90 mins regardless of whether/when we score so scoring early would leave a lot more time to get a second goal which most likely will be needed..

Of course, we could concede first, but our chances at that point would be quite bad. 

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

You've made me a lot more confident now,any time I have seen the words we are going to get spanked/thrashed/hammered in the pre match thread to a big match we have always pulled a result out, Arsenal away the latest of many examples.

:lol:

I think we'll do enough to get a result on the night, but I don't think we'll prevent them from scoring, which makes it almost impossible to progress - are we really going to outscore PSG?!

I must say that I don't envy Hiddink his position going into this game; the tie is so finely poised, with almost no margin for error.

Speaking from the safety of my 'armchair' (and with no experience whatsoever of actually being in the position that Hiddink currently finds himself in) I think that we should attack PSG from the outset, as this approach possibly allows us the greatest amount of flexibility when it comes to game management. If we score early on, we should press for a second rather than sitting back to defend our slender lead; if we don't score early on, but PSG are struggling to cope with our play, we should also continue to attack (obviously); however, IF we try to attack and PSG show themselves to be more than capable of dealing with our approach (without scoring themselves), we should change to a more pragmatic strategy at around the 20-25 minute mark and try to keep things tight at the back whilst attempting to snatch a goal by way of a set-piece or counter-attack.

Whichever way we decide to play, if PSG score first there is no point in adopting any approach other than all-out attack; we'll need two goals, and we won't get them by playing with caution and fear. Even if we fail to get the goals we need, I would much (MUCH) rather that the players go out fighting (for pride if nothing else) than go out in half-arsed fashion like they did last season. So even if we are losing 0-2 or such like, I want to see the players make every effort to win the game itself, if not the tie. This could be our last match in the CL for some time; let's hope that the team can make it one to remember for the right reasons.

Is the Chelsea of old still alive? The one i fell in love with. If there's even a remembrance of that Chelsea in this team, we're going to send PSG back to france with a baguette between their assess' cheeks.

Team to play PSG: Courtois; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic (c), Kenedy; Mikel, Fabregas; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CHEPSG

Kennedy at left back? Good luck kid!!

Great to see Pedro, even better not to see Oscar!

RIP THEM TO PIECES DIEGOOOOOOOOOO!!!