Chelsea v PSG

Jase

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Not sure I like Kenedy starting here up against Lucas or Di Maria. He's not a natural defender and lacks defensive discipline and positional sense. I fear for him here.

Kenedy at LB means that Guus is going all out offensive from the start. Personally I would have probably preferred to see Baba start and then have Kenedey as an extra attacking option but have to respect Guus for having the balls to play him from the start. 

10 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Kenedy at LB means that Guus is going all out offensive from the start. Personally I would have probably preferred to see Baba start and then have Kenedey as an extra attacking option but have to respect Guus for having the balls to play him from the start. 

It could backfire..i dont think kennedy has defensive discipline

Just now, FabHazard said:

It could backfire..i dont think kennedy has defensive discipline

Yeah of course it could. There are risks with both Baba and Kenedey and I just think that Kenedey is the gamble with a bigger risk but a higher reward potential, and as the underdogs in a European knock out match, this is probably one of the best times to make that gamble. 

Ever since that game in Paris ended 2-1, I couldn't help but think this CL journey was most likely over. But as the tie draws closer and closer, I can't help but slip back into optimistic supporter-mode. This always happens before games. I won't pretend I'm expecting Chels to win this game and go through but I fully believe it can happen. Improbable but not impossible. Starting Pedro even though he just returned. Big move. Starting Kenedy at LB. Against Di Maria. Bigger move. Kenedy and Hazard on the same flank. Biggest move. It's nice to see Chelsea make attacking choices for once in a big/huge/gigantic game though. Very nice. Whatever happens, Chelsea tried. Come on, Chelsea! The ultimate party poopers.

Verratti not playing is huge BTW. He always destroys Chelsea. Motta and Matuidi are still a problem but a lot more do-able. Costa has been pony in Europe for Chelsea. With one measly goal to his name since he joined. Would be nice if he finally turned up for once. That would be kind and much appreciated.

When was the last time we had line-up this attacking in a big and crucial game? Soooo refreshing! Rather lose this way than play with 7 defenders and end up losing anyways. Good! Sad not to see Traoré though, I thought he could really help us in this one.

Hazard needs to have the game of the season. Now is the time. If he doesn't turn up he should be substituted at half-time. It is usually easy to determine within 5 minutes that whether Hazard is playing 100% or not.

This is huge. 

I want to come away from this game and know that these players have given their absolute all in this game, be the warriors that I know they can be.

Diego, be the big man for the big occasion, channel your inner Drogba and be an absolute fecking nuisance like I know you can be! 

COME ON CHELSEA! LET'S DO THIS THING!!

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAREFREEEEEEEEEE!!!:clap: