PSG v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PSG's first real test in a while (possibly of the season). I'm really not sure what type of performance we'll put in, but I guess Guus will be playing for a draw at best.
Not true about the season. They played two times against Real Madrid and they could've won both of them. They played well and created almost as many chances as a strong Real team. That was a test. But i guess you are right - that was a long time ago. 

We have been playing good when we have been underdogs. Arsenal 0-1 and a draw against United - a game where we could have gotten all three points without a sleeping Ivanovic.

However we are suffering defensively. I think everybody in here mentions that, but what you guys do not mention is how much we are going to need our captain. If PSG scores an early goal it makes a huge difference who has the captain role. 

If i was Hiddink i would try to surprise them with an offensive start. Without Matic and with two fast and offensive backs in Rahman and Azpi starting, we could score the first goal. We have to score that away goal and we have to score before they do. 1-1 or 2-1 would be more than fine. 

Lets start like this

----------------Courtois

Azpi - Ivanovic - Cahill - Rahman (no doubt about this defensive line i guess)

----------Fabregas - Mikel (without Matic this is probably what we'll see. I do not think we will se RLC starting in this one.)

--Pedro --- Oscar ----- Willian (Rahman does not have the defensive skills to hold his side with Hazard. Willian will help him. Azpi is better defensively - he can hold his side.)

--------------Costa ------------ (Costa needs to run in this game. Keeps pressuring. If we want to score, we need Costa to force some mistakes from their defensive side)

Oscar has been pretty good defensively this season. He can do some switching with Fabregas along the way. Pedro has a good back behind him which give him less defensive responsibility - this could be our strong side in this game, if he passes the ball faster and runs in the debt instead of dribbling. Willian on the left is just another defensive guardian - we can't play Hazard and Rahman on one side together. If we do though i suppose we play attacking football. Maybe that would be a pleasant surprise? 

They still lost and failed to score home and away. We have been on a decent run of form, but so much is dependant on the line up Guus fields. I would personally start Pedro ahead of Hazard after his weekend performance

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Souleymane on the radio, after counselling, constant medication, and six months off work  -his ''wounds are still raw'' apparently.

Hope he manages to recover one day. :blink: Anyway at least he has a free ticket for tonight

I'm sorry but, what a fucking pussy. He must be trying to milk it to the max (see ball boy incident with Eden Hazard).

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Souleymane on the radio, after counselling, constant medication, and six months off work  -his ''wounds are still raw'' apparently.

Hope he manages to recover one day. :blink: Anyway at least he has a free ticket for tonight

Milking it the bent bastard. So many weak minded people about...anything for fucking attention and time off work.

Put him in a home if he's that bad.

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Tibo

Azpi Cahill Ivanovic Baba

Mikel Cesc

Pedro Willian Hazard

Costa

Why everyone keeps putting Baba and Ivanovic in the same side of the defence? My grandma could walk through that one with ease.

I trust Guus on this.

The Dutch has suprised me so far, he will field a team which is fully competitive!

Oscar or Pedro, Guus got this!

I spoke with some French dudes, they all have one thing in common:

fear because of Diego Costa!

We need an away goal, i'm confident that well get the job done!

maybe the best time of the year, thrill of anticipation kicking in, buzzing!

Hit them hard!