• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The squad that travelled to Paris...

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/02/paris-bound.html

GKs: Thibaut Courtois, Asmir Begovic, Jamal Blackman

DFs: Branislav Ivanovic, Baba Rahman, Matt Miazga, Gary Cahill, Cesar Azpilicueta, Jake Clarke-Salter

MFs: Cesc Fabregas, Oscar, Eden Hazard, John Mikel Obi, Bertrand Traore, Kenedy, Pedro, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Willian

STs: Loic Remy, Diego Costa

That defenders list is poverty!

Well, here we are again facing these tools. This time around, we are certainly the underdog, which could just play to our favor. Plus, has PSG had any real competition in awhile in Ligue 1?

With the injuries and suspensions, the lineup could get tricky. But I am expecting this from Guus:

- - - - Courtois - - - -

Azpi - Ivanovic - Cahill - Baba

- - Mikel - Cesc - -

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

- - - - Costa - - - -

But based on recent form and the opponent, I would prefer this:

- - - - Courtois - - - -

Azpi - Ivanovic - Cahill - Kenedy

- - Mikel - RLC - -

Willian - Cesc- Pedro

- - - - Costa - - - -

I favor Kenedy at LB because of his physicality and speed above Baba. We have to have someone that can be physical and all over the place for 90 minutes with great ball skills to pair with Mikel at DM. It certainly is not Cesc. I have RLC there because of his size and he should be well rested. As someone else suggested, Willian with Mikel could work and you could slide Pedro over to the other wing and insert Hazard. I feel Pedro has earned a spot in the starting XI for this one. I do not want to see Oscar in the starting XI for this one.

If you remember, PSG was VERY physical last year in these two matches. Thought they really shoved us around and beat Hazard to death with a foul every time in touched the ball.

Should be a lot folks in here later today following this one. I hope it is our best effort of the season and we can squeak out a winner. Hope Costa has come to play not be the jester.

Come on you Chelsea!!

If we go in this match like against United, we might get draw at best. But if we actualy play football, who knows we could surprise them.

Hiddink will probably play safe as it is away game and IMO thats the best right now. I just hope we dont park the bus at home and try to proceed on away goals or some bullshit like we tried last year against PSG and year earlier against Atletico. That was just bad.

Blanc prepares Paris for Chelsea challenge

Published: Monday 15 February 2016, 19.40CET

Laurent Blanc acknowledged Paris Saint-Germain's "entire season will be judged on our Champions League campaign" as they prepare to play Chelsea for the third year running.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2016/matches/round=2000635/match=2015765/prematch/preview/index.html

56c2df37f0d2f_PSG-CHELSEA-1STLEGUCLATPAR

6 hours ago, LAM09 said:

PSG's first real test in a while (possibly of the season). I'm really not sure what type of performance we'll put in, but I guess Guus will be playing for a draw at best.

Not true about the season. They played two times against Real Madrid and they could've won both of them. They played well and created almost as many chances as a strong Real team. That was a test. But i guess you are right - that was a long time ago. 
We have been playing good when we have been underdogs. Arsenal 0-1 and a draw against United - a game where we could have gotten all three points without a sleeping Ivanovic.

However we are suffering defensively. I think everybody in here mentions that, but what you guys do not mention is how much we are going to need our captain. If PSG scores an early goal it makes a huge difference who has the captain role. 
If i was Hiddink i would try to surprise them with an offensive start. Without Matic and with two fast and offensive backs in Rahman and Azpi starting, we could score the first goal. We have to score that away goal and we have to score before they do. 1-1 or 2-1 would be more than fine. 

Lets start like this

----------------Courtois
Azpi - Ivanovic - Cahill - Rahman (no doubt about this defensive line i guess)
----------Fabregas - Mikel (without Matic this is probably what we'll see. I do not think we will se RLC starting in this one.)
--Pedro --- Oscar ----- Willian (Rahman does not have the defensive skills to hold his side with Hazard. Willian will help him. Azpi is better defensively - he can hold his side.)
--------------Costa ------------ (Costa needs to run in this game. Keeps pressuring. If we want to score, we need Costa to force some mistakes from their defensive side)

Oscar has been pretty good defensively this season. He can do some switching with Fabregas along the way. Pedro has a good back behind him which give him less defensive responsibility - this could be our strong side in this game, if he passes the ball faster and runs in the debt instead of dribbling. Willian on the left is just another defensive guardian - we can't play Hazard and Rahman on one side together. If we do though i suppose we play attacking football. Maybe that would be a pleasant surprise? 

19 minutes ago, awkjello said:

Not true about the season. They played two times against Real Madrid and they could've won both of them. They played well and created almost as many chances as a strong Real team. That was a test. But i guess you are right - that was a long time ago. 
We have been playing good when we have been underdogs. Arsenal 0-1 and a draw against United - a game where we could have gotten all three points without a sleeping Ivanovic.

However we are suffering defensively. I think everybody in here mentions that, but what you guys do not mention is how much we are going to need our captain. If PSG scores an early goal it makes a huge difference who has the captain role. 
If i was Hiddink i would try to surprise them with an offensive start. Without Matic and with two fast and offensive backs in Rahman and Azpi starting, we could score the first goal. We have to score that away goal and we have to score before they do. 1-1 or 2-1 would be more than fine. 

Lets start like this

----------------Courtois
Azpi - Ivanovic - Cahill - Rahman (no doubt about this defensive line i guess)
----------Fabregas - Mikel (without Matic this is probably what we'll see. I do not think we will se RLC starting in this one.)
--Pedro --- Oscar ----- Willian (Rahman does not have the defensive skills to hold his side with Hazard. Willian will help him. Azpi is better defensively - he can hold his side.)
--------------Costa ------------ (Costa needs to run in this game. Keeps pressuring. If we want to score, we need Costa to force some mistakes from their defensive side)

Oscar has been pretty good defensively this season. He can do some switching with Fabregas along the way. Pedro has a good back behind him which give him less defensive responsibility - this could be our strong side in this game, if he passes the ball faster and runs in the debt instead of dribbling. Willian on the left is just another defensive guardian - we can't play Hazard and Rahman on one side together. If we do though i suppose we play attacking football. Maybe that would be a pleasant surprise? 

We could do Hazard - Willian - Pedro. Pedro is very good defensively too, he makes a lot recoveries. He'd help Baba out. 

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

We could do Hazard - Willian - Pedro. Pedro is very good defensively too, he makes a lot recoveries. He'd help Baba out. 

Sounds good. But instead of Hazard i would probably prefer Willian on the right and Oscar as 10. Hazard is best on the left. I read some place that Hazard as 10 would be an option. But i would choose Oscar over Hazard anyday. Willian - Oscar - Pedro could be an option. You are right about the defensive skills on Pedro. But it is all about which approach we are going to have. Hazard will start if we are going to attack - that's how i see it.