Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Guus appeared to shut this down during today's media conference.

When the subject of Pato was raised the coach talked about his existing striking options, mentioned the availability of some kids who can fill in the gaps and then said, "We don't need to do anything there. [recruiting strikers]" I know that some don't regard Pato as a striker but Guus seemed to.

Leaving aside the possibility that Guss does not know what the club is planning, or is deliberately creating some misdirection, this comment seems to be a blow for  the hopes of those who would like to see Pato join. Given his previous straight bat approach to questions about transfer speculation, the mere fact that the coach chose to engage with the question this time suggests the club are keen to distance themselves form Pato.

Don't think Guus appeared to shut this down.

2 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

"Hiddink tells Chelsea not to make stupid signings" "Chelsea tells Hiddink"Get out of here, that is not how we do business""

I hate this move, it's just stupid.

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

"Hiddink tells Chelsea not to make stupid signings" "Chelsea tells Hiddink"Get out of here, that is not how we do business""

I hate this move, it's just stupid.

Pato is too injury prone, not wise to go for him. Was a great player on his day but injuries took it´s toll on him. Cheers

8 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:
5 hours ago, Henrique said:

Don't think Guus appeared to shut this down.

Having read the media tonight...I'm inclined to think the 'youngsters filling the gaps' was more to do with other positions apart from striker as he name dropped Christian atsu and traore. Who are both wingers.   His Bamford comments make no sense otherwise and neither do his comments about us needing more options upfront to avoid being in danger should Costa or re my be injured .   Weird one

Weird indeed. He didn't mention Christian or Bertrand in the broadcast portion of the conference so that statement must have come in the print section. Might he have been extending the list to also include players who represent an alternative to signing Pato to play as a wide attacker?

He repeat the stuff about needing more options up top? Again he did not say that during today's broadcast. In fact what he did say on camera, was pretty much the exact opposite of that.

My translation of the Bamford comment is that Guss has not seen anything from Patrick which makes him feel inclined to select the young striker and, as I say, I agree with that.

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Weird indeed. He didn't mention Christian or Bertrand in the broadcast portion of the conference so that statement must have come in the print section. Might he have been extending the list to also include players who represent an alternative to signing Pato to play as a wide attacker?

He repeat the stuff about needing more options up top? Again he did not say that during today's broadcast. In fact what he did say on camera, was pretty much the exact opposite of that.

My translation of the Bamford comment is that Guss has not seen anything from Patrick which makes him feel inclined to select the young striker and, as I say, I agree with that.

Bamford should be sold as I don't think he'll ever be good enough for Chelsea.  

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Well the guys in print said when asked again about Pato he simply said "yes we know the player, but i wont talk about names"

I think it would be stupid to bring him in on a permanent deal, maybe a loan but even then despite his lack of injuries in the last few years he still has a lot of previous which makes me doubt he'd ever be as good as he once had the potential to be years ago.