Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Must be why the price quoted is only 11m euros then, or £11m.

Even for 11m euros i think we would be overpaying. Corinthians literally doesnt have the money to pay his wages and they are absurdly desperate to sell him. If they manage to sell Pato for 11 mil they will have the largest smile ever.

If we'd offer around 8-9mil and make clear  its take it or leave they would say yes in a heartbear

50 minutes ago, Rmpr said:

Even for 11m euros i think we would be overpaying. Corinthians literally doesnt have the money to pay his wages and they are absurdly desperate to sell him. If they manage to sell Pato for 11 mil they will have the largest smile ever.

If we'd offer around 8-9mil and make clear  its take it or leave they would say yes in a heartbear

Well if nothing happens this week, we maybe have moved onto someone else.  Or arent signing anyone possibly.

Do you live in Brazil? They still linking him to us out there?

A move for Alexandre Pato, who would cost £10m from #Corinthians, has been discussed at length (Guardian) #CFC

Although Chelsea may be more comfortable taking the 26-year-old Alexandre Pato, initially on loan. (Guardian) #CFC #Corinthians

Considering he is coming from a Brazilian club that want to sell him as soon as possible, and considering the price chinese clubs are paying for players from brazilian league, then he is not worth more than 2m euros. 10m is a joke.

9 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

The Chinese clubs only offer that silly money because it usually guarantees the player agrees the move, and secondly they make the money back through merchandise in no time

Merchandising? How? Do they sell fifteen billion t-shirts? I really struggle to see in any way merchandising covers a players salary and transfer costs. A club probably only makes like $10 per shirt sold with most of the money going to the vendor and the kit manufacturer. Hell, a club probably makes no money from shirts sold because they get a lump sum every year from the manufacturer or at the start of the contract. 

21 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Much as i dislike beinsports rumours and think they chat rubbish a lot, one of their guys on Twitter reckons we will not sign Pato.  Only him reporting it at the mo though

Did he gave more info? Pato's agent is in China at the moment.

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Merchandising? How? Do they sell fifteen billion t-shirts? I really struggle to see in any way merchandising covers a players salary and transfer costs. A club probably only makes like $10 per shirt sold with most of the money going to the vendor and the kit manufacturer. Hell, a club probably makes no money from shirts sold because they get a lump sum every year from the manufacturer or at the start of the contract. 

In case of big European clubs, its not only the revenue merchandise sales that helps cover a players cost. Publicity is a HUGE factor too. When Real or Barcelona sign a crazily expansive player they make the news in many places they normally would not and this ends up atracting new fans (who later on might buy club products, even if not from that specific player). Sometimes even someone who isnt that much into football but likes certain player for some reason or saw the news and know the club is a powerhouse can end up buying a product just because of notoriety or w/e. Thats the power of publicity. This happens a lot in USA and Asia. That also applies for the players home country, but to a lesser extend imo. For instance, I know for a fact that a lot of Colombians root for Madrid simply because they want James Rodriguez to succeed, even if they are not RM fans, per see.

Nooooow...China clubs dont have that big of an impact to justify such expenses and they will never recover the money back. There is no way. But if u take a more careful look, there are two types of owners behind those clubs (and this goes for Middle Eastern clubs as well). 1) The owner has so much money, but so much money that the team is his bragging toy so he isnt ultimately worried about recouping the investment. Money is not the issue, status amongst his inner circle is more important. 2) The owner has some real shady business, usually already involved in some fisco problems and pouring money into a football club is the perfect way to laundry it. Some cases are actually quite blatant tbh.

So, in resume I believe European clubs do indeed recover most of what is invested, even if it is not that evident. However, when it comes to clubs outside Europe, I cant see any other reason besides those two I pointed out.

Well, i am a supporter of Corinthians. I disagree of Rmpr, we do have the money to pay Pato's salary every month (even more now that we sold half of the champion team to China, 5 players, FIVE, 2 fucking players from the National Team going after money instead of football), but we are crazy to sell. That guy isn't injury prone anymore, we fixed him... Like we did with Renato Augusto (on Bayern Leverkusen, he wold get hurt every time). Dmytro Chygrynskiy even came to Brazil to treat himself in our club... He said that he didn't had any problems after passing here.

Anyway, the problem with Pato is that he is totally alienated with everything that happens around him, the world may be falling on his feet, but he doesn't show the will to win, he is not hungry for the victory. The talent is still there, you can see the flashy tricks and all, but not like when he was young. Also, he is not as fast as he were... He is still pretty fast, just not so fast as the time he made a goal against Barcelona, letting everyone miles behind. Corinthians is desperate to sell him, but not for money or for injuries, the problem is his personality and intelligence (i particularly think he is kinda dumb).

He coud still work for you guys anyways....

6 hours ago, Rmpr said:

In case of big European clubs, its not only the revenue merchandise sales that helps cover a players cost. Publicity is a HUGE factor too. When Real or Barcelona sign a crazily expansive player they make the news in many places they normally would not and this ends up atracting new fans (who later on might buy club products, even if not from that specific player). Sometimes even someone who isnt that much into football but likes certain player for some reason or saw the news and know the club is a powerhouse can end up buying a product just because of notoriety or w/e. Thats the power of publicity. This happens a lot in USA and Asia. That also applies for the players home country, but to a lesser extend imo. For instance, I know for a fact that a lot of Colombians root for Madrid simply because they want James Rodriguez to succeed, even if they are not RM fans, per see.

Nooooow...China clubs dont have that big of an impact to justify such expenses and they will never recover the money back. There is no way. But if u take a more careful look, there are two types of owners behind those clubs (and this goes for Middle Eastern clubs as well). 1) The owner has so much money, but so much money that the team is his bragging toy so he isnt ultimately worried about recouping the investment. Money is not the issue, status amongst his inner circle is more important. 2) The owner has some real shady business, usually already involved in some fisco problems and pouring money into a football club is the perfect way to laundry it. Some cases are actually quite blatant tbh.

So, in resume I believe European clubs do indeed recover most of what is invested, even if it is not that evident. However, when it comes to clubs outside Europe, I cant see any other reason besides those two I pointed out.

I know, I know, I know, you are right but we weren't talking about publicity. :cig: