Yuri Zhirkov

the wes

If the stories are correct....(when are they ever) then the price is 18 million euros which is about 15 million pounds. I think a good signing, such a good player, and only 25, for a non rediculous price....I believe he can go on to do great things at Chelsea. And doesnt everyone love Barcelona anyways? I can pretty much say that every player who comes to Chelsea ends up staying at Chelsea or falling in love with the club, so i dont think we need to worry too much about this boyhood hero's Barca crap. And also if it does become true and he wants out after a while, we can charge barca out the ass for his services. So a good signing in my opinion, plenty of positions he can play and finally a winger who doesnt have a giant ego and will take players on. Yes Malouda is in top form, but he still misses some sitters, and in the bigger games he is too afraid to take full backs on like Joe Cole does.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea officials are confident of closing a deal for Yuri Zhirkov in the coming days.

The Mirror says Chelsea will sign CSKA Moscow playmaker Zhirkov for £18 million on Monday.

The Russia international is ready to move to Stamford Bridge after seeing interest from Barcelona dry up.

Well them Close the dean Deal....

If he is to good like people said them he need to prove it...

For Arshavin is the best Rusia player... but come on and proof it Yuri

why are you worrying about where joe cole will play he can play on the right and we will finally hav what we've been lacking another creative midfielder and strength in depth thats what man united have and why they win everything. you think ancelotti will have the choice of j.cole, malouda, anelka, drogba and zhirkov up front week in week out. plus he can play left-back.

I seriously don't want us to sign Zhirkov. I immediately think of Joe Cole, and where he's going to be next season, bearing in mind that Joe Cole is in fact ENGLISH!!!

Joe Cole is amazing, but from what I'm reading (of course half is completely made up, but there could be a truth in there somewhere), he's probably off to Tottenham. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised by Zhirkov, but I am definitely underwhelmed by this supposed signing. Anyone know exactly what position Zhirkov is going to compete for? I know he plays up and down the left, but is he primarily a left back, left mid, or left wing?

He is a left winger, like Joe Coles role on the right, he does the whole tracking back aswell, and obviously as he can play left back he does a good job of tracking back. He is meant as direct competition for Malouda and has better dribbling IMO. I also think he would be a great underrated signing

Joe Cole is amazing, but from what I'm reading (of course half is completely made up, but there could be a truth in there somewhere), he's probably off to Tottenham. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised by Zhirkov, but I am definitely underwhelmed by this supposed signing. Anyone know exactly what position Zhirkov is going to compete for? I know he plays up and down the left, but is he primarily a left back, left mid, or left wing?

Joe Cole off to Tottenham ?

yeah right....

Zhirkov will most likely be Ashley's backup, not Joe Cole. And if you think Joey is leaving to Tottenham, then think again.

Im soooo fedup, I jus want us to sign someone for god's sake !!!! Anyone !!! :mad: Its been a bloody 2 months since the season closed and we are still chasing.. Im getting frustrated !! Is this wat they call Close Season Syndrome :o

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You