Yuri Zhirkov

the wes

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we could get for a lot less than 15 mil with our Russian connections, be a great addition for the right price imo, can play on the wing, midfield and LB, would give us great cover

With Malouda you never know. We need Zirkov so that there is a competition for the left wing. Plus he can be a great back up for Cole. On the right wing we have stoch and may be quaresma?

Dont forget Joey Cole, he will play wide on the right, maybe we will have forward who can play out there as well, plus Nic Anelka has been doing really well on the right. means Kalou can play upfront as back up to Drogba/Anelka

Dont forget Joey Cole, he will play wide on the right, maybe we will have forward who can play out there as well, plus Nic Anelka has been doing really well on the right. means Kalou can play upfront as back up to Drogba/Anelka

There you go. Joe Cole/Stoch on the right. I dont think we will keep Quaresma. And ferriera looks like he is set to leave. So Zirkov could be used as a back up for Cole and also as a winger on the left flank.

Kalou and Anelka may probably leave. And we may have an out an out striker in his place.

• 4 weeks later...

MOSCOW (AFP) - English Premiership side Chelsea signed Russian international midfielder Yury Zhirkov on a four-year term from Russian three-time champions CSKA Moscow, the daily tabloid Tvoi Den reported Friday.Reports said that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich was excited with Zhirkov's performances this season and has negotiated a 30-million-dollar deal with the Red Army side.

"Yury (Zhirkov) has signed the contract with Chelsea just a day or two ago," the newspaper quoted Zhirkov's agent as saying. "He will join his new team this summer.

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2009/May/29/...a-sign-zhirkov/

Chelsea close on Zhirkov

skysports

Chelsea are reported to have finalised the capture of Russian international Yuri Zhirkov for £18.6million.

The Blues are known to have been long-term admirers of the 25-year-old, who can play anywhere down the left side.One of Zhirkov's representatives is quoted in his homeland as stating that the CKSA Moscow man has already put pen-to-paper on a four-year deal.

It is believed that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich personally brokered the deal with CSKA owner, and close friend, Evgeny Giner.

Chelsea's interim boss Guus Hiddink, who is leaving Stamford Bridge in the summer, has fully backed the move, as he knows all about the player from his role as Russian coach.

Hiddink feels Zhirkov is a huge talent, saying: "I know that Yuri is not just a nice person but one of the best attacking left sided players in the world."

CSKA always knew that Chelsea, who say it is currently paper talk, wanted Zhirkov and coach Zico admitted he would fit in well at Stamford Bridge.

"I will not stand in the way of this transfer," said Zico earlier this month.

"A player of Zhirkov's quality could very well play in the English Premier League.

"I see him as a player in the London club's starting XI."

Edited by milan.cech

Quite a comment from Hiddink. "One of the best attacking left sided players in the world"...

Obviously the club are not going to confirm any transfer until a new manager is in place, because it will look like the new man has no say in club transfers, even though i am sure discussions have already been made with the new man. It would not suprise me to see us sign Zhirkov, he does look like a classy player and the sort we should be looking at.

Russian International Yuri Zhirkov has signed for Chelsea and will join the Premier League club this summer from CSKA Moscow, according to quotes from his agent in Russian paper Tvoi Den.

25-year-old Zhirkov was understood to have been one of the recommendations made by interim Blues manager Guus Hiddink to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovic. The Dutchman knowing all about the talents of the left-sided winger, who has been dubbed ‘The Russian Ronaldinho’ in his homeland after working with Zhirkov while in charge of the Russian national side. A job Hiddink will return to after Chelsea’s FA Cup final against Everton on Saturday.

Zhirkov is now set to join Chelsea on a four-year deal, with Abramovic understood to have shelled out a fee in the region of £18.5million to lure his compatriot to Stamford Bridge. His agent revealing that Zhirkov will link up with the Premiership side this summer after signing for the West London club in the last day or two.

“Yury [Zhirkov] has signed the contract with Chelsea just a day or two ago," Zhirkov's agent told Tvoi Den.

“He will join his new team this summer.”

Capped by Russia 30 times, Zhirkov scored 15 goals in 139 league appearances for CSKA during his time at the Luzhniki Stadium. The Russian now set to follow Roman Pavlyuchenko and Andrei Arshavin, who signed for Tottenham and Arsenal respectively last season.

i guess that will all depend on our new coach at the end of the day. Hes not a bad signing, im not going to look into it too much until i see him playin the league because he needs to prove himself.

Very very good player but were would he play he is a left midfielder in my eyes and we dont play 4-4-2 in our system.

Can play anywhere down the left, and we never really replaced Bridge. Best option for me down the left is the two Coles, but if Ashley Cole is injured, Zirkhov can fill in nicely. Got to rate Hiddinks opinion...

Can play anywhere down the left, and we never really replaced Bridge. Best option for me down the left is the two Coles, but if Ashley Cole is injured, Zirkhov can fill in nicely. Got to rate Hiddinks opinion...

True its a squad game now thats very true, zirkhov can dribble.

Edited by Badboy

Well Hiddink calls him one of the best ATTACKING left sided players in the world, so presumably he is being brought in as a winger......

Can't say i know too much about him, only what i read, but i think he would be a good signing. Providing this does go through.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You