Yuri Zhirkov

the wes

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Zhirkov deal will happen, nothing is being rushed, it'll take a while to finalise as Zhirkov as to find somewhere too live, his family etc. I'm sure we've verbally agreed a deal to sign him, it will be finalised before we go to America so he can join up for pre season training probably.

You could be correct there, CJ. Maybe the club want everything finalised before issuing a statement; like the Turnbull deal?

I remember the same thing happened with kalou they did not want to say anything until his work permit was through.

CSKA Moscow have confirmed Yuri Zhirkov is close to signing for Chelsea.

article-1190519-05222A78000005DC-831_306 Turnaround: CSKA star Yuri Zhirkov

But the Russians have warned the deal could yet be derailed.

AC Milan have reportedly made a late approach for the 25-year-old left-sided player.

But Sportsmail understands the matter of Zhirkov passing a medical is just about all that stands in the way of the transfer.

CSKA president Yevgeny Giner said: 'I won't deny that we are negotiating with Chelsea on the transfer of Zhirkov to the London club.

'But until the contract is signed it is pointless to comment. After all, in all transfers there are so many nuances and any can derail teh transaction.

'CSKA are an open club and we will officially comment on the outcome of negotiations once they are completed.'

It is understood that Zhirkov, who can play at left-back and on the left wing, has secured a visa and will travel to London to complete the £18million transfer this weekend.

He is expected to be put through a medical at Cobham in the next few days after agreeing terms on a four-year contract worth £80,000 a week.

When I saw the title, I was really pissed-off :D . But basically, the president hasn't said anything desponding. I am quite happy with that words :D .

Edited by milan.cech

Nah Zhirkov can play in various positions

Left Winger, Left Wing back, saw him play more of an attacking role in the middle at one point too, and as a wing back, he doesnt just make runs forward, he tracks back, which is always a good thing.

Edited by TrueChelseaBlue

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You