Yuri Zhirkov

the wes

Well I thing he most stay for now,... I belive he had not get the oportunity to SHow Carlo he can do better, We have to be clear... Cole and Malouda played a Great Season and Yuri was just adapting... so let be patiente...

The only way I will consider sell him is that we get someone better tan Him that give a real fight for Malouda or Cole position otherwise we get another year for adapting a new player.. so is Wasted time ..

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we gonna keep him at least one more season...

Cause we haven't good player to substitute Malouda and Cole. If Cole get injured, we would have no one good enough to substitute him, and we would be in trouble. And for Malouda, it's almost the same, even if Anelka or maybe Kakuta could substitue him.

Indeed. But so, we gonna put Malouda on the bench ?!

Obviously Malouda can't be benched in current fom (well the form before the WC), but he could be moved to midfield. He impressed me when he played there a couple of times last season. But what i really meant with my comment, is that Yuri should (actually has to) get a chance to play left wing.

Buying a left winger for 18 mil pounds but never playing him there makes no sense at all. Not one game has he played there. Even when Malouda had to play in midfield because of injuries, Anelka got moved to the left with Kalou playing at the right. I was stunned.

Edited by Blue_Soldier

I would hope that this is the season where Yuri steps up a level. Being able to play all the way down the left hand side is a great asset to have and i am sure he will have a good part to play in our season. Unless he is desperately unhappy then there is no way we will sell him.

Obviously Malouda can't be benched in current fom (well the form before the WC), but he could be moved to midfield. He impressed me when he played there a couple of times last season. But what i really meant with my comment, is that Yuri should (actually has to) get a chance to play left wing.

Buying a left winger for 18 mil pounds but never playing him there makes no sense at all. Not one game has he played there. Even when Malouda had to play in midfield because of injuries, Anelka got moved to the left with Kalou playing at the right. I was stunned.

Okay, I see what you mean.

Yeah I'm agree with you. There's no doubt, Zhirkov is a better left wing than Anelka.

Indeed, buy a guy 18M£ for not playing him at the right place wacko.gif

• 1 month later...

Yuri Zhirkov to consider Chelsea future

"I'll certainly get a chance in the next few months and I'll try to use it completely," Zhirkov said. "Then, in the winter, everything will probably depend on whether I got this chance and how I used it.

"We are currently in brilliant form and getting past [Florent] Malouda and [Ashley] Cole is problematic. Everyone understands about the competition: once you are on the bench you can be there for a long time. But I will definitely get a chance.

"The thoughts when you are watching your team play are always the same: you support, worry and your soul wants to be on the pitch to help."

Source : ESPN Soccernet

Although we have yet to see anything from him that the hype suggested, we shouldnt sell him, he will get games this season, hopefully in his prefered position, if he doesnt step up, then get next summer.

I dont doubt that he's a good player, but as Zhirkov has said himself, Ashley and Florent are in such fantastic form, he'll struggled to get past them and into the team. I think he'll probably end up leaving unfortunately, even though he played for Russia the other day, Dick Advocaat has said he wants players like, Zhirkov, Pavlyuchenko and Bilyatedinov to play more regularly if they are to have a guarenteed place.

I wouldnt want him to leave, just think he might end up leaving.

I wouldn't blame Zhirkov if he left. I think we should possibly consider loaning him out in January, please don't get me wrong though, I love Yuri. But I also want to see him grow as a player and perhaps with the form Ash and Malouda are in now, it may be hard for him to breakthrough.

I can see Yuri leaving, and that's through no fault of his own - Cole and Malouda are just simply fucking brilliant. Still I rate him and thought he was excellent when Cole was out between February and April - and I personally think that Yuri will play more games this season. He's our best cover for LB and I can see him playing in the CM positions quite often this year as cover for Essien/Mikel/Lampard/Ramires.

zhirkov is a very good player who can play in so many different places (LB - LCM - WF) .

but honestly i don't think his departure would have a bad effect on us , we have the LB covered with PVA and betrand . the CM we have lamps , essien , mikel , ramires also malouda and benayoun can be used there . and for the left winger we have malouda , kalou , anelka , sturridge and kakuta who can play there .

so you will always find benayoun and malouda getting a nod in-front of him to replace lamps , also kalou , kakuta and sturridge ahead of him to replace malouda , he is only first back up for ashley cole and we have two very promising youngsters in that area .

so if we can get back our 18 millions , i wouldn't have any problems with letting him go for that price .

If Zhirkov feels confident he can get a place in the team, then he will train harder, and then hopefully we can see the best out of him. Ashley Cole and FloMo are on top form at the moment, and that's what makes me worried about him. He's such a useful player to us I feel. He needs to be given more games.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You