Man United 0-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Battered?!

We were carrying passengers once again and that is why they deserve chances. How old was Messi when he made his Barca debut, CR7 at Utd, etc?!

Age is just a number and shouldn't be holding back people who are better than those in front of them. Enthusiasm over passengers ALL DAY LONG!

Listing the two "once (or twice in this case) generation" talents there.

We don't have the next Messi or CR7 in our midst. Who of those kids we had on our bench today could've won us that game? Not one.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have the next Messi or CR7 in our midst. Who of those kids we had on our bench today could've won us that game? Not one.

I mentioned obvious examples, but could have named a few more. Saviola, Bojan, Raul and I could go on. Players can only deliver if they get minutes. Unless you can look into the future, you haven't got the foggiest whether any of our youngsters could or couldn't have won us the game.

Luckily I didn't see the game

But just chill out people - it will take a good 3-4 weeks for Hiddink to start making changes. If our points position was better he could perhaps expirement more, but the key now is to get points on the board - which he is doing.

I have no qualms that he will definitely change the team and for the better. But I expect this to happen mid/end Jan.

We have more points than we had previously and we are halfway to 40!

Let's look at the positives :)

Hey chaps and chapesses....isn't it all rather awfully exciting that every post match debate is seen through red mist or blue tinted specs, weighted down by personal agendas coupled with huge amounts of hypocrisy.

Cannot believe I am still seeing posts blaming Mourinho for these performances or indeed seeing posts saying Hiddink hasn't improved on what. Mourinho would have done.

Battered?!

We were carrying passengers once again and that is why they deserve chances. How old was Messi when he made his Barca debut, CR7 at Utd, etc?!

Age is just a number and shouldn't be holding back people who are better than those in front of them. Enthusiasm over passengers ALL DAY LONG!

Sick of people lambasting Hiddink for not selecting RLC or playing youth. It's his 2nd game in charge, he'll still be assessing the squad and will obviously stick with the current first team this early in to his tenure and in a game as big as United away.

The youth will get a lot more chances under Hiddink than they did Jose. Mark my words.

Bamford just cancelled his loan with crystal palace. Will never understand why jose sent him on loan and got falcao. He was the championship player of the year last year ahead of ighalo and deeney who are destroying the league. Hopefully hiddink gives him minutes against crystal palace so he can stick it to them

I don't want to be 'that guy', but if he couldn't force his way into Palace's plans.. I mean they bought Wikham ffs, Bamford is better than him. Whether its the fault of the player or coach remains to be seen.

Sick of people lambasting Hiddink for not selecting RLC or playing youth. It's his 2nd game in charge, he'll still be assessing the squad and will obviously stick with the current first team this early in to his tenure and in a game as big as United away.

The youth will get a lot more chances under Hiddink than they did Jose. Mark my words.

I didn't expect any of them to start, but why on earth did Oscar play the whole match?

The lack of depth on the bench was the ideal time to give someone a chance

Well, what about Jeffren? You might think who? Exactly. But even he's done some good for Barca

I think the shouts for youth tend to go overboard but Chelsea really is terrible when it comes to trusting young, raw players. A strange fear they'll just mess everything up and score own goals or something. As if they guarantee a loss.

I didn't expect any of them to start, but why on earth did Oscar play the whole match?

The lack of depth on the bench was the ideal time to give someone a chance

Regardless, we bring RLC on and he fucks up and loses us the game that could be a huge detriment to his confidence and impact on his progress. It simply wasn't the sort of game for youth.

Regardless, we bring RLC on and he fucks up and loses us the game that could be a huge detriment to his confidence and impact on his progress. It simply wasn't the sort of game for youth.

Oscar was playing as a AMF. Traore could have come on and played on the wing and Willian move into the center. The performance today was nothing to be proud of seeing as the opposition haven't won a game in 8 and lost their last home match to Norwich.

Well, what about Jeffren? You might think who? Exactly. But even he's done some good for Barca

I think the shouts for youth tend to go overboard but Chelsea really is terrible when it comes to trusting young, raw players. A strange fear they'll just mess everything up and score own goals or something. As if they guarantee a loss.

Like magic. WHS thinks the same.

LVG brought on a five-year-old though. Did you see how young that boy was?

Battered?!

Messi and Ronaldo made their debuts for Man United and Barcelona in games they were quite comfortable in and winning if I remember rightly. The point is if you throw 18 year olds in and we keep losing, keep getting out performed its just going to put their confidence down, I am all for seeing us use kids but like when Rafa threw on Lucas Piazon against Villa, we were like 5-0 up. There is a time and place to use young guys.

Not going to complain about a point, they smashed us really, Pedro, Azpi and Matic had clear chances but fucked them. A lot of work is needed.

Messi and Ronaldo made their debuts for Man United and Barcelona in games they were quite comfortable in and winning if I remember rightly. The point is if you throw 18 year olds in and we keep losing, keep getting out performed its just going to put their confidence down, I am all for seeing us use kids but like when Rafa threw on Lucas Piazon against Villa, we were like 5-0 up. There is a time and place to use young guys.

Not going to complain about a point, they smashed us really, Pedro, Azpi and Matic had clear chances but fucked them. A lot of work is needed.

Traore is 20, an International and was a regular in Holland. He didn't just come out of the academy, so we need to differentiate players with and without experience. Age is JUST a number. Too many don't seem to realise that around here.

I get the point of slowly introducing players, but what we're putting out (Oscar being one of several) isn't good enough. However, I'll be more critical of Hiddink at the end of his tenure. Just making a point for the other half of the season.

Traore is 20, an International and was a regular in Holland. He didn't just come out of the academy, so we need to differentiate players with and without experience. Age is JUST a number. Too many don't seem to realise that around here.

I get the point of slowly introducing players, but what we're putting out (Oscar being one a several) isn't good enough. However, I'll be more critical of Hiddink at the end of his tenure. Just making a point for the other half of the season.

I think we will see more of Traore and Kenedy under Hiddink. Kenedy has looked pretty good whenever he has played this season anyway so I think he will be used in cup games and that more or less every chance he gets as well as time in the premier league for rotation/being substituted in.

Cristano ronaldos first seaseon stats for man u show 29 games played and 4 goals scored. I bet if one of our coaches showed the same fate in our youth they will progress. The most important thing with yourh players is patience. That is why I will forever respect ferguson and not Mourinho. Look at those stats and look at ronaldo today. I can bet kennedy will score at least 4 goals if given 29 premiership games and thats not even talking about how much he willl grow from the expwrience. Also dont understand why rlc isnt given a chance. I really feel bad for our youth players because our organisation has no clue how to integrate them into the team.