The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

8 hours ago, Fernando said:

Yeah disappointed too. 

Nisthing to play for and does not even play the youth. 

Doesn't matter if we win or lose. 

The club Is a business, there to make a profit. League position Is Important, for Instance there Is around £13m difference In revenue between finishing 9th or 10th.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The club Is a business, there to make a profit. League position Is Important, for Instance there Is around £13m difference In revenue between finishing 9th or 10th.

Yeah I'm sure on a commercial level the club wants us to clinch a Europa spot if we can (if things go a certain way, 8th will be granted a place). 

On a sporting level I'd rather we bloody avoid it so we can focus solely on the title race next season. No need to worry about finishing 4th, finish in the top 2.

9 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

and we'd be more likely to finish 9th, playing rlc in a viable midfield.

12 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The club Is a business, there to make a profit.

This must be news to Roman. :)

If Roman wanted to make money he'd have been better off bunging his dosh into an interest bearing account. Heck, even an account that didn't pay interest would have worked out better, financially speaking. If I were to take a turn at putting an alternative motive into Roman's mind, I'd say he isn't interested in profit for its own sake but rather he just wants the club to pay its way while the team plays well and wins things. That's to say, successful team - break even club, is much more attractive to our owner than unsuccessful team - profitable club.

Now, even an idiot like me would obviously choose successful team - profitable club if possible, but my guess is that making money is not Roman's principal goal. All the evidence of his history at Stamford Bridge suggests he'd rather see his football budget on the pitch than in his bank account.

12 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

for Instance there Is around £13m difference In revenue between finishing 9th or 10th.

Premier League prize money is made up of three separate payments, two of which will be unaffected by our final league position. Those two, the equal share component and the facility fee are now fixed and would not change whether we finished first or last. The only part which varies with our place in the table is the merit based payment and that changes by £1.2m per place, not £13m. I know one table which appears to show a difference of about £13.45m between the team finishing 9th and the one finishing 10th. The team it lists in 9th place Liverpool with a total of £89.9m from TV money. If they were to drop to 10th their TV payout would change to £88.7m.

That said, I would prefer to stay ahead of Stoke and catch Southampton if we can. That would give us an outside shot at the Europa League and playing in that competition would be good for our youngsters. Good in that there would then be more games and more games gives Antonio more opportunities to use kids if he wants to. If I were Conte I would have asked the club to try to qualify for the Europa League. None of us can say that we know that he has not done this.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Sorry, but imagine if it was Jose... :ph34r:

What a post match interview there will be

imagine if it was simeone and his assistant . we'd be having a mass funeral for tottenham fc

He hasn't done a great job but his efforts in steadying the ship and getting the club through the season cannot be ignored. 

He largely stuck to the same system with the same players. He sanctioned the sale of Ramires and bought no one. Pato on loan notwithstanding. Players slowly but surely got back to their groove under him - Fabregas, Costa now Hazard. I can sense that they are somewhere back to the level they usually play at and also that they are hungry to set things right next season. It is a very good base for the incoming Conte to work with.

No expensive watch as a gift this time around but I thank Guus for the role he played for the club again. I just hope he is not asked to fill in one more time.

47 minutes ago, Strike said:

He hasn't done a great job but his efforts in steadying the ship and getting the club through the season cannot be ignored. 

He largely stuck to the same system with the same players. He sanctioned the sale of Ramires and bought no one. Pato on loan notwithstanding. Players slowly but surely got back to their groove under him - Fabregas, Costa now Hazard. I can sense that they are somewhere back to the level they usually play at and also that they are hungry to set things right next season. It is a very good base for the incoming Conte to work with.

No expensive watch as a gift this time around but I thank Guus for the role he played for the club again. I just hope he is not asked to fill in one more time.

Don't know what people are complaining about though. This is the team that flirted with the relegation zone. So mentally dejected to totally forget how to play football. We're lucky that the players at the very least managed to get out of that mentality. Anyone not with a FIFA or FM mindset would know how much mentality plays a massive part into performance. I'm just glad that the team can bring a somewhat decent form into the new season. He didn't bring the club to a top 4 finish but to be honest no one could by the time Jose got sacked.

Yeah maybe he could've played the youths more and if it was me I would've tried to play the likes of RLC, Kennedy and Traore more but I'm not there with the players on a daily basis so I wouldn't know more than the ones that are there. And I would think Guus had no say in transfer dealings.

Yeah he didn't do an excellent job but the reactions here made it seem like he alienated key players, such as Costa and Hazard, made the atmosphere toxic, kick people in the nuts and got Chelsea relegated. He did good.