The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

The period where Hiddink took over would have been the worse time to take such a gamble, we are taking sort of one with Conte anyway.

The situations we found ourselves in this season required a safe pair of hands to guide us through the season, the reveloution can start in the summer.

How are we taking a gamble with Conte? 

If the club wants youth what's the gamble with Conte? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I could be wrong but aren't we in or around the top 4 based on the form table since he took over? We were actually 2nd until the players heads ended up in the beach.

Has he been perfect? No, to be honest he looks a pale shadow of the tactical genius that we were treated to in 2009, has he made mistakes? Yes, the cup exits weren't pleasant to say the least.

But ultimately he was brought in to stabilise a season that was going down quicker than the titanic, and he did that.

Nah nah if read it right we're 14th!

Since the Man U game we've got 7 point at home and 15th on home form
13 away and 2nd so wooo :)
Last 6 games..8 and are 14th..

Which even though compared to before aint bad..its still pretty shite by our standards.Hey ho nearly over

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

Nothing new. This position I'm sure we could have gotten with Mourinho. 

Just like Mourinho can't play youth in meaningless games. 

And just like Mourinho just played the youth once in a blue moon and then nothing sustainable. 

Waste of a manager. 

I prefer revolutionary managers like Bielsa, pochetino and such in times like this. 

Those two at Chelsea, with this squad, would be picking the same players and you'd be calling them a waste.

It is a truism that if you are good enough then you're old enough. The concept is not commutative however. Just because you are young enough does not make you good enough.

Had the players not given up on Jose we'd have done better under him than we have under Guus. The players did give up however so Guus had to do a rescue mission. He has accomplished his task as well as anyone could have done.

5 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Let me rephrase it for you then; the best that could be done with what he had.

you must have really low expectations, a manager could have done way better

you know, play 433 , with width, fluid midfield

he did as well as he could have done, whilst changing absolutely nothing, which was clearly stupid

Couldn't disagree more with people saying Hiddink has done a great job. Even a donkey would have made improvement on the Mourinho 3rd season fiasco. Hiddink ball is negative, stale and uninspiring. His 2nd spell has been mediocre and his obsession with playing two holding MF's even against poor teams is baffling. He's been extremely average and that's being kind. 

1 hour ago, lucio said:

you must have really low expectations, a manager could have done way better

you know, play 433 , with width, fluid midfield

he did as well as he could have done, whilst changing absolutely nothing, which was clearly stupid

With what effect using our players? You are making the same mistake the criminals in the squad made when the betrayed Jose. You think they are better than they are too.

Stupid is a good word but Guus should not be its object.  

15 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

With what effect using our players? You are making the same mistake the criminals in the squad made when the betrayed Jose. You think they are better than they are too.

Stupid is a good word but Guus should not be its object.  

lol ok, when did this mass criminal betrayal happen?, because we were dogshit from the first game of preseason, or is it just some narrative you made up to feel better about joses shortcomings?

if you really think a change of tactics and set up would not have a big impact, then whatever....

2 minutes ago, lucio said:

lol ok, when did this mass criminal betrayal happen?, because we were dogshit from the first game of preseason, or is it just some narrative you made up to feel better about joses shortcomings?

if you really think a change of tactics and set up would not have a big impact, then whatever....

A midfield 3 would have been beneficial to the team, slightly. Even with a midfield 3 we would have been light and ineffective. Matic has had his worst season for years and has been a league 1 level player, Mikel has been Mikel, and Fabregas forgot how to kick a footbal for about 6 months, Rlc can't run for full 90 minutes and can't play every game.
The defence is a lost cause. Lost. 2 players to save from that mess. Zouma, injured for almost half a season and Azpi.
Hazard ate ice cream on the sidelines for about 7 months, and Willian has been effective for half a season, as well as Costa (revitalized by Guus)
Could've been slightly better. But with the same players not so much. I would challenge any other coach to achieve that "slightly better"

Keeping distance-Final whistle verdict

Guus Hiddink was mostly satisfied with our performance at the Stadium of Light today but felt we should have scored more goals.

It was a topsy-turvy game in the North-East with the Blues twice surrendering leads and ultimately succumbing to a Sunderland side who took a major step forward in their efforts to avoid relegation. Hiddink reflected on the 3-2 reverse afterwards…

‘We didn’t kill them off and that’s the only thing I can criticise,’ the manager said.

‘I’m disappointed of course with the result. We like to win every game which is not always possible.

‘We should have scored more in the first half-an-hour and made it two or three nil. We were playing very well but not materialising our chances and so we invited them in to the game which they did by making it 1-1.

‘The team reacted at that point very well to make it 2-1 right on half-time.  We then had two or three open chances in the second half to make it 3-1. We didn’t do that and that let them in to the game. We invited them to get new energy.

‘They were energetic and very well supported by their crowd to get the win which is huge for them.’

Hiddink was asked if John Terry had played his last game for the club after his late red card

‘I don’t know. It’s sad he was sent off for a second yellow. I think the referee was too close to the incident. Normally we say the ref should be close to what can happen but I think he was too close and he had an impulsive reaction to draw the yellow card.

‘With a bit more distance, maybe 10 yards more, he could have thought ‘hey, these two guys went intensely for a duel’. It was an intense game and you have to consider that. It was a good duel between the two players, there was no intention to hurt. It was a harsh decision and by rule I think he is suspended for two games because it’s his second red card.

‘Of course we don’t know what his future is at this moment. It’s sad that he won’t be participating in our last game at home, the Leicester game, the champions, a party time let’s say.’

chelseafc.com

Well they do say never come back and we've had two returnees Mourinho and Hiddink and well it wasn't a massive success on either count. Both have ruined their legacy to a degree I'm not going to go into Mourinho think that's been covered. But Hiddink well just done the basics and has appeared to be coasting. Just wish he had taken the odd risk here and there but the Everton cup game was a toothless performance in the one competition we could have won. Anyway onwards and upwards and I'm looking forward to Conte coming in.