The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

He can't buy new players for England. Good luck with finding the English equivalents of Okocha and Djorkaef

Their are some very decent players in the England squad, even Roy got some eye pleasing displays out of them, Germany for example in March.

The problem is the constant appointing of crap manager's, only good one since the millennium is Cappello (the Germany game unfairly tainting an overall positive spell for me), Sven had the best team since 66, Roy is a clueless small time manager who thinks he's some master of the game and let's not go there with McLaren.

Sam is actually one of the managers that evolves with the times, and it shows in the tactical set up of his team's compared to the other British manager's, whatever the strength of this England team is he will play to it and will it make England the best team? No, but I'd feel a lot more confident about being able to compete in the big ones as opposed to any other British manager (thank fuck Southgate and Pearce are out of the running).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Their are some very decent players in the England squad, even Roy got some eye pleasing displays out of them, Germany for example in March.

The problem is the constant appointing of crap manager's, only good one since the millennium is Cappello (the Germany game unfairly tainting an overall positive spell for me), Sven had the best team since 66, Roy is a clueless small time manager who thinks he's some master of the game and let's not go there with McLaren.

Sam is actually one of the managers that evolves with the times, and it shows in the tactical set up of his team's compared to the other British manager's, whatever the strength of this England team is he will play to it and will it make England the best team? No, but I'd feel a lot more confident about being able to compete in the big ones as opposed to any other British manager (thank fuck Southgate and Pearce are out of the running).

Change the manager as much as you like but that'll never change the attitude and culture of English footballers. This is deeper than simply exchanging bits, English sports as deep grassroots issues. Naught will change until the FA and coaching does.

For starters it took an Australian to change how England play union. Before him, English union was penalty kicks with a little tackling in between. Even then it's only skin deep and it'll change the next Pommy that is in charge.

If you ask me, England NT's worst enemy is the English media. They create so much hype and so many expectations before every tournaments and it all turns into useless pressure. Look at the Italians and how they treat these situations. They think positively, yet they do not expect huge things to happen. And somehow they almost always do better than England. The mentality is the issue, not the manager. even though Roy cannot be a decent solution in 2016, let's be honest. 

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

love Guus but think he would be better being in charge of transfer targets (of course i`d rather the actual head coach to do that but seems too wishful thinking) than whoever the fook in Romans army of back room yes men is pulling names out of a hat. Roman obviously respects Guus and i`d rather someone with that amount of football experience instead of anyone else behind the scenes.