Chelsea v Sunderland

Jase

Delighted.

At the same time though you would worry about player power returning, but then again you look at some of the things they are doing now on the pitch. When is the last time you saw Matic up the pitch like that supporting play? Nice little ball into Willian from him. Would it happen under Mourinho? I'm 100% certain it wouldn't.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Jose made them nervous?

Possibly. He threw players under the bus. Did not give much public backing to his players and I think most players have been panicking about what to do when they receive the ball. The atmosphere between players and manager was not good and that can provide a negative atmosphere. As I said before, I don't think it takes a genius to get us performing again. We have quality players here.

I know my comment will be hand-waved away as Mourinho fanboyism, but this is the squad he has picked for weeks. This the formation he's played.

As the commentators have noted, all of a sudden Costa is taking up his position. Did José not point this out? Our players now have intensity. Again, did José not point this out?

People on here are acting like the squad have been given freedom to attack when the only noticeable difference between this half and the rest of the season is now the boys look arsed. And honestly, it speaks volumes if all we've lacked up to this point is effort from the squad.

Happy with the performance so far regardless.

Possibly. He threw players under the bus. Did not give much public backing to his players and I think most players have been panicking about what to do when they receive the ball. The atmosphere between players and managers was not good and that can provide a negative atmosphere. As I said before, I don't think it takes a genius to get us performing again. We have quality players here.

That makes sense tbh. As much as I love Jose. The players are playing very loose. It'll be interesting to see what we do in the CL. Also, Sunderland are and have been absolute shit. So we should take this performance with a grain of salt.

Possibly. He threw players under the bus. Did not give much public backing to his players and I think most players have been panicking about what to do when they receive the ball. The atmosphere between players and managers was not good and that can provide a negative atmosphere. As I said before, I don't think it takes a genius to get us performing again. We have quality players here.

Unless José had thrown the players under the bus consistently since week one I don't think this reasoning holds.

seriosly dude?

this is just not fair.

jose ALWAYS supported the players. he took teh blame on himself. he blamed the refs but never nver the players until last weekend.

this is so not fair to him. anyone will vouch that jose always backed his players and came up with the most ridiculous excuses to prevent them from being targeted.

I have mixed feelings over this performance...

.. of course I'm happy that we're winning a game, but two things spring to mind.. Sunderland are shit this season anyway, plus is there any reason why Ivanovic and Fabregas have suddenly upped their game?? Oh yeah that's right, because Jose isn't in the dugout, and won't be forever!!