• Costa
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morale wise this was a good win, but take it with a pinch of salt in terms of performance as Lopetegui made it so easy for us. I think he's a decent manager, but tonight I think he's shown that he has a long way to go before managing a bigger club. This was arguably Porto's most important match this season, why the hell would anyone switch to a formation with three at the back overnight and play with no CF? Knowing that we shit our pants when teams come at us and press high up the pitch? That's exactly what Porto do on a weekly basis and what they did in the first leg in Portugal, harass their opponents, but for some reason they switched it off tonight and played on our strenghts.

This win means nothing if we draw Paris on Monday morning and then get battered by Leicester at night. Hopefully that's not the case and God wears his Chelsea shirt on Monday.

Matic MOTM.

Thats the spirit...nice to see you enjoyed the win

Many congrats to the team for qualifying for the last 16, everyone did their part today, big show of character and desire, great support from the crowd, many congrats to the fans in the stadium for creating a great atmosphere, in the end the team got the win they rightly deserved, great job. Onwards and upwards. Cheers and KTBFFH :)

dont you think our squad is good enough? what signings you want? :)

Hi friend!

After our performance today I think is absolutely clear that we have a mental block in Premier League. Mainly because today we returned to play like last season. Our problem is a mental thing, our players are good players and our project is not dead.

But I also think we need to do some signing in the January transfer market. Primarily a creative midfielder like Gundogan (although he will be very difficult to sign), another forward to compete with Diego and generate more competitiveness, and a centre-back (John Stones). Three signings may be enough to improve our team.

Fabregas will have very difficult to play again in our starting eleven. If someone should come into our midfield that man is Ruben Loftus-Cheek because he is our future.

Our team is good, as we showed last season, but we need 3 or 4 signings in January and try to play like today to return to restore the confidence in ourselves. This is the right way.

Regards.

One player flies under the radar, imo.
WHAT ABOUT THAT BELGIAN DUDE IN GOAL?

Thank fuck we have signed him up, he is really that good, standout performance, he gives our defense so much security and seems unbeatable.
I like you, Begovic, i don't want to tarnish your great service so far, but Courtois is on another level.

No one will like to play against him, he is like Neuer, great to have you back, Sir.

our best performance of the season without a shred of doubt. why? well we had 11 football players today. no passengers, no baggage, no pregnant O2 wasting spaniard.

deserved the win thoroughly. defended well for the first 10 minutes when porto came at us with all they had got. countered brilliantly and decisively.

tibo - nothing much to do.

iva- another horrible outing. with cesc gone (which was like 50% of our problems), time for iva to get benched/reserved too.

zouma - good performance. again had some problems with his positioning but it made up with his tremendous pace and physicality. the day he gets the experience and his positioning sorted, what a defender he is going to be.

JT - what a performance from the captain.

azpi - got owned a coupple of times by the porto winger but all in all a decent performance.

matic - oh well, no surprises here. his "poor" performance was simply due to work overload. i had said it before and will say it again. you could play makelele alongside cesc and he would struggle too. MOTM for me

rambo - we direly need a B2B. should be top priority. had a good game but thats only because we expect him to do the bare minimum.

hazard - so unlucky not to get a goal. needs to get that monkey off his back. otherwise, i think he was quite good. a lot like last year's hazard.

oscar - have to say, he surprised me today. was pretty good in attack and very good in defence. misplaced some key passes and mis-calculated a couple of "fakes" when he left the ball for the player behind him, but nonetheless, had a very good overall game.

willian - and he has another brilliant game.

costa - was pretty good compared to what he has been recently. he has lost that extra bit of pace. his finishing seems a bit off. other than that, good game. good link up play for a change and brilliant movement.

hope, this is the end of all our problems. come on chelsea!!!

The CM you are looking for is Mario Pasalic

Ironic, I thought Oscar was pretty mediocre today!!!

Show of support from fans for Jose and the team was great. Good thing that gooner fabregas wasn't playing

Brilliant. Well done lads. Everyone did their part and no Fabregas which is a pleasant surprise. Finaly a complete performance from Tibo to Costa, glad it worked out for us for once. And the fans were amazing too.

CL trophy here we come :blue scalf:

Anything can happen in next few months, I just hope we get Gundogan to replace Cesc, even if we have to fork 30m+ if that is necessary. That is only thing I realy wish we do in january.

Thats the spirit...nice to see you enjoyed the win

I did actually, a win is always nice. It's just that I don't get carried away with this result. Right now Chelsea is going through a "Torres situation" - one game we're brilliant, the next one we can't score against the worst defence in England. We manage to keep Tottenham quiet in their own backyard, then the next game we fail miserably against a team that has not won a single game since October. Now we beat a good team in Porto, then God knows what happens next at Leicester.

Admit it or not, Porto have made it too easy for us. And they we're missing their best player this season as well, Andre Andre. Tactically, they've been a total shambles.

For all it matters, Diego Costa was far from superb. Strikers get their fair share of glory for scoring, not for dribbling and making runs in behind the defenders.

I for one would have preferred to drop to Europa League as that would have been our only chance to Champions League football next season. And no, I'm not and idiot, I can't be mad now for going through to the last 16 in Champions League. It's just that I'm realistic and I believe there is no chance for us to a top four finish or to win the Champions League trophy and then get a free pass next season to defend our crown. But if that's what the players wanted, the gaffer, the owner, then it's ok. Let's see what Champions League has in store for us.

I did actually, a win is always nice. It's just that I don't get carried away with this result. Right now Chelsea is going through a "Torres situation" - one game we're brilliant, the next one we can't score against the worst defence in England. We manage to keep Tottenham quiet in their own backyard, then the next game we fail miserably against a team that has failed to win a single game since October. Now we beat a good team in Porto, then God knows what happens next at Leicester.

Admit it or not, Porto have made it too easy for us. And they we're missing their best player this season as well, Andre Andre. Tactically, they've have been a total shambles.

For all it matters, Diego Costa was far from superb. Strikers get their fair share of glory for scoring, not for dribbling and making runs in behind the defenders.

I for one would have preferred to drop to Europa League as that would have been our only chance to Champions League football next season. And no, I'm not and idiot, I can't be mad now for going through to the last 16 in Champions League. It's just that I'm realistic and I believe there is no chance for us to a top four finish or to win the Champions League trophy and then get a free pass next season to defend our crown. But if that's what the players wanted, the gaffer, the owner, then it's ok. Let's see what Champions League has in store for us.

Great...so you would have preferred us to lose just because you think its the only way we would get CL football.

How about coming to the match and telling those that have paid out hard earned money that.....get a grip

Great...so you would have preferred us to lose just because you think its the only way we would get CL football.

How about coming to the match and telling those that have paid out hard earned money that.....get a grip

Yo dude stop with the hate and calm down. I see you everyday bragging about going to games and shit. Frankly it's becoming cringeworthy. Just because you're going to games doesn't make you a king. I'd have gone to games, too, had I lived in London lol. Chelsea Football Club is an international brand right now, it does not belong to the Londoners or to the loyal fans that have been there pre Abramovich so stop with this nonsense. We're all entitled to an opinion, whether you like it or not. Some of us might not live in the UK, but stay calm, we're investing enough money in Chelsea related articles, trips to London once or twice a year and so on.

Today I went to school buzzing and couldn't wait for the game start until I heard that one of the senior girls at the school who I've had many classes with has passed away in a car accident in the night before. The entire year 12 grade/year group were absolutely devastated. I wasn't feeling normal at all either but this win cheered me up.

Thank you Chelsea! KTBFFH

One of the best performances this season (and that isn't saying much!).

Matic was the standout player for me with Willian a close second. Interesting to note that with the exclusion of Fabregas (finally!), Matic picked up his game tremendously by not having to waste more energy covering him.

Costa ran the channels but still has a problem with his final touch.

Now if Ivanovic was dropped in the future with Azpiculetta slotting in at right-back, I would expect more of such performances and results.