The Mourinho Thread

I'm not sure what our team needs the most for next season. We had a few problems this season.

1. No quality on the same level as starters on the bench. (except luis)

2. Slow centerbacks who can't hold their own against one fast attacker, so if Matic has a bad game, our defense collapses.(Varane?)

3. We were physically bullied by a lot of teams in midfield. The old Chelsea I know could be outplayed but we were never bullied or outfought in the midfield. We need size and energy in some matches. We missed a David luiz besides Matic. (pogba, Andre Gomes)

4. We need a long range shooter in this team and it has to be a CM or AM. It's unacceptable the way we're too shy to take shots making it easy to defend us. (pogba, Andre Gomes)

5. We need another intelligent midfielder who can still tackle incase fabregas is marked out of the game. No one can provide creativity except hazard when fabregas is marked. (Koke, cabaye)

6. We need another goalscorer on the right wing. (reus)

It would be a perfect window if we get

Pogba /Andre Gomes

Koke

Reus

Varane /make ivanovic CB

But since we can't get all I'm not sure which two players we need that would improve our team the most.

I think we will not chasing Pogba and Koke both. Getting one of them is enough to sorted our midfield. Not so sure we need Reus, unless Jose suddenly want to sell Willian or Cuadrado. Signing another CB is possible though, as I'm not sure Christensen and Ake will be in our squad next season.

I think we will not chasing Pogba and Koke both. Getting one of them is enough to sorted our midfield. Not so sure we need Reus, unless Jose suddenly want to sell Willian or Cuadrado. Signing another CB is possible though, as I'm not sure Christensen and Ake will be in our squad next season.

I know we can only sign two quality players this summer, but I'm not sure which two of these (pogba/Andre Gomes, Koke, Varane, reus/bale) we need the most.

We should only invest on the right wing if there is quality of reus level available. No more buying experimental players.

I'm sure ake will be in our squad, the new homegrown rules have made sure of that.

I know we can only sign two quality players this summer, but I'm not sure which two of these (pogba/Andre Gomes, Koke, Varane, reus/bale) we need the most.

We should only invest on the right wing if there is quality of reus level available. No more buying experimental players.

I'm sure ake will be in our squad, the new homegrown rules have made sure of that.

As much as I wish to see Bamford as our 3rd striker. I am still not convinced Jose will give him a chance. If Drogba retired, despite still around as a coach it seems, think we will buy another 'ready' striker. We don't know how Costa hamstring latest condition also. CB is not priority, unless player like Varane suddenly become available. For me one striker and one midfielder will coming in next summer. Yes, if Reus available we might be interested to sign him, but I don't think it is the position Jose prioritized to strengthened. Well we talk about the quality signings one in here. We will need a backup winger for Hazard on the left, so maybe we will sign another one, or recalled our player like Atsu. Would love to see Ake or Christensen or Omeruo or Kalas in our squad next season, but I won't get my hope too high for it.

I have a lot of points to make.

First: The Champions League is the most important trophy in football but it's not the best way to measure the quality of a team. For example in 2004, if you put those 32 teams in a League, Porto with luck would be 6th or 7th in the table, the same for Liverpool in 2005... they would have a lot less chances to win it because they had no quality for that. About the quality of Porto I would bet that all the team of Porto cost less than half the value Madrid paid for FIgo at that time.

I think the playoffs of the NBA are played in the best of seven which gives some regularity to the thing, anyway the best way to measure a team is a League not the playoff system... anyone that follows football knows that the Barcelona of 2010 was impossible to beat in a League by any team in the world at that time, they were clearly the best team and they lost to Inter.

This leads us to another thing... you can garantee you will fight for the League title, but you can't do it with the Champions League. For exampe we are a lot better this season, PSG seemed to be with problems... last season we won against them... this season we lost. If we were in the French League we would be CHampions by now with the lack of quality PSG showed this season and last season probably we wouldn't.

The CHampions League will be always a long term project for a team, even if you are clearly the best team in the world there is a big probability of not winning the title.

Second: We are at least the 4th team in terms of net spending (the real indicator of financial investment) in the League in the last 2 seasons, but still we are the best team in the country and the team that improved the most.

And here we have a lot of problems... If we don't start spending, we can't fight with Manchester United in the future regularly, We need a new stadium TODAY.We need to close the financial gap to United and other giants in Europe or we will have problems to fight for the Champions League and the League.

Mourinho is in a club with a lot of issues, in a period where other teams have better finantial possibilities and still he is winning titles.

Third: Almost all the sells you say Mourinho did in this team were inevitable because of our financial problems. The club had/has a structural deficit and we needed to sell every season 2 or 3 good players to balance that. You can think it would be good to have Mata, KdB and David Luiz... but we would need to sell Lukaku, Hazard and Azpi... or Ramires, Courtois and Oscar... or ...

What really matters is that we have today a better team than the mess we had 2 seasons ago, we are the best team in the country with virtually no net spending in the team, and the other teams spent more than us and we improved more than them...

One thing I want to mention about the net spend.

Have you guys realize what we did?

We sold a lot of young potential and use the money to buy more established players.

Now we have players that will not have as much resale value.....

Just like in the second leg against Atletico Madrid last season, Mourinho got somewhat desperate by bringing on Costa so early and thus running the risk of him injuring his hamstring. Admittedly, I did want Costa to come on at HT because we weren't clinical/incisive in front of goal then but it's certainly unusual to see Mourinho become somewhat desperate.

He played oscar again!!!!

Jose put forward his stubborness to prove himself right ahead of the team. I can't believe this.

I am as big a jose fan as anyone around here (some migjt even say a blind follower) but I actually lost some respect for him when I saw oscar's name on the scoresheet. What was even more heartbreaking is that he took off oscar aftet the first half again and not for the first team which means he knows who our weakest link is. He knows who is sucking on the pitch and yet he continues to play oscar.

Happy with the win but so disappointed in jose. Hope he sorts this mess and gets realistic about oscar.

He played oscar again!!!!

Jose put forward his stubborness to prove himself right ahead of the team. I can't believe this.

I am as big a jose fan as anyone around here (some migjt even say a blind follower) but I actually lost some respect for him when I saw oscar's name on the scoresheet. What was even more heartbreaking is that he took off oscar aftet the first half again and not for the first team which means he knows who our weakest link is. He knows who is sucking on the pitch and yet he continues to play oscar.

Happy with the win but so disappointed in jose. Hope he sorts this mess and gets realistic about oscar.

Wow, are you planning to post this in every single thread?

Wow, are you planning to post this in every single thread?

Wow. Posting about oscar and jose in the oscar and kose thread is every thread. What logic is that exactly? The blind oscar fan logic????

By the way, my account. So I guess I can post whatevet I want where evet I want. If u have a problem put me in ignore or pm the mods if u thing I am doing something erong.

Wow. Posting about oscar and jose in the oscar and kose thread is every thread. What logic is that exactly? The blind oscar fan logic????

By the way, my account. So I guess I can post whatevet I want where evet I want. If u have a problem put me in ignore or pm the mods if u thing I am doing something erong.

Chill, dude

Just like in the second leg against Atletico Madrid last season, Mourinho got somewhat desperate by bringing on Costa so early and thus running the risk of him injuring his hamstring. Admittedly, I did want Costa to come on at HT because we weren't clinical/incisive in front of goal then but it's certainly unusual to see Mourinho become somewhat desperate.

How is it 'desperate'? A few pages back there were people (including me) complaining about how he's become passive and lost that trademark willingness to shuffle things which are not working. Clearly they thought Costa was okay to play a part, otherwise he wouldn't have been on the bench to begin with.

How is it 'desperate'? A few pages back there were people (including me) complaining about how he's become passive and lost that trademark willingness to shuffle things which are not working. Clearly they thought Costa was okay to play a part, otherwise he wouldn't have been on the bench to begin with.

Well, I just didn't expect him to introduce Costa that early considering how fragile his hamstring is.

Well, I just didn't expect him to introduce Costa that early considering how fragile his hamstring is.

I think it was the right thing to do once you've been given the all clear by the player himself and the medical staff. It was refreshing that Mourinho was proactive for a change and was going for the jugular; he deserves credit for it. But I don't know what he was playing at with planning to withdraw Remy for Cuadrado, that could've backfired badly.

I think it was the right thing to do once you've been given the all clear by the player himself and the medical staff. It was refreshing that Mourinho was proactive for a change and was going for the jugular; he deserves credit for it. But I don't know what he was playing at with planning to withdraw Remy for Cuadrado, that could've backfired badly.

I don't disagree with that. Just find it strange in some ways.

As for withdrawing Remy for Cuadrado, think he doesn't want us to be overrun with 2 strikers on the pitch having taken the lead. Granted, Remy can play out wide but he's not an out-and-out wide player to be running up and down the flank. And it's also probably to wrap him up in cotton wool with Costa picking up that hamstring injury. Can't afford to lose them both and leave ourselves with just Drogba.