The Mourinho Thread

Charming one day, insecure the next: the José Mourinho I knew at Chelsea

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/06/jose-mourinho-charming-insecure-chelsea-manchester-united-eni-aluko

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, manpe said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/06/jose-mourinho-charming-insecure-chelsea-manchester-united-eni-aluko

Its all right. Its the Mou we all know/ And shes right about Eden whether he was right what he said or not. But it wasn't only him the others were in on it too.

John Terry reveals how Jose Mourinho humiliated him during Chelsea training session

“At every club he has had big characters and I'm not sure he has that at Manchester United at the moment. At Chelsea, he did.

"He stopped the training session, came in, threw down his pad. ‘If you keep giving the ball away, I will go and buy someone for £50million’.

https://www.givemesport.com/1385880-john-terry-reveals-how-jose-mourinho-humiliated-him-during-chelsea-training-session?autoplay=off

On 9/7/2018 at 8:07 AM, manpe said:

She might have had experiences at the club but I feel like this is such a lazy, cliche point about player power.

Thinking back to how it fell apart for Mourinho at Chelsea, I do have some sympathy for him. At most clubs it is the manager who determines the long-term stability of the players but at Chelsea it seems very much the other way round.

On the whole the players are good guys - humble, keen to succeed – but they are also sensitive to managerial styles and when one gets stale, or simply no longer suits, there develops a real agitation for change.

Take, for example, the way Eden Hazard told Mourinho he was injured and had to come off in the defeat at Leicester in December 2015 that led to the manager being sacked, or the way the same player made clear last season he was not happy with Antonio Conte deploying him as a striker against Manchester City. The big players historically hold a lot of influence at Chelsea and while I would never doubt their attempts to win matches for the club, their levels undoubtedly change depending on how they feel about a manager at the time. They’re either having him or they’re not, and once they’re not it spells borrowed time for the guy in charge.

On one hand, I am feeling a tad skeptical like she is but on the other hand, maybe if Mourinho and Conte hadn't decided to go "AWOL" and alienate the players with their comments and drama, they would have likely still responded to their management. To put the blame solely on the players, like she has seemingly done so in the piece, is just nonsense.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Wish we fuckin could! We have always been better in the market when we have gone in early without penny pinching. Know who we want, kiss their arses a long time in advance then snap them up.

On 9/8/2018 at 8:51 PM, the wes said:

Mourinho must have fell over pogba price tag 😂😂😂

I really do hope some wise arse said ' Did you enjoy your trip' to him!

• 2 weeks later...