The Mourinho Thread

Jose Mourinho has told his players he should have sold some of them in the summer, in a new dig at his #Chelsea stars. [Mirror]

Mourinho told his squad he feels he was too soft in the summer and should have moved some of them on before their form dipped. [Mirror]

Mourinho was prepared to shoulder the blame earlier in the season, but he has now concluded his players are at fault. [Mirror]

His players ability to produce results/performances in some games but not show up for others have strengthened Mourinho's belief. [Mirror]

If sacked, it is believed Mourinho would be due either one years money up front or receive payment until he finds another job. [Telegraph]

The whole situation is pretty cofunsing to me. Its hard to believe the board is quiet about the whole situation. To be honest, in any other big club in the world Mourinho would be axed at this point, despite his CV. You can look around in football history, and even succesful managers were fired after some pretty bad results, but to be honest in recent years I can't even remember a big european team with such performance.

I wili say it again, the board is looking a bunch of amateur of don't know what they are doing. It seems they don't want to look foolish to fire Mourinho 4 montsh after giving him a pointless contract extention, so they want to show everyone they did the right thing.

We all know some of big people making decisions are Roman's friends who are not football people, like Gravoskaya woman, who, according to reports, was the one who brought Mourinho back and the one who gave him a contract extention when he still had 2 more years left in his contract.

I remember that I was shocked when I heard the news back in august. I mean, Mourinho signed a 4 years contract back in 2013, why after 2 years you would just give him two more years? Whats the point of the first contract? Mourinho is not a player, his character is not for every club taste, clubs just don't buy managers from other clubs, so its really hard to understad the point of the contract extention, since its really to imagine he would leave before the end of the first contract, specially if he had the full support of the board and if he really loves Chelsea.

Now we have a another situation. Day after day is pretty clear Mourinho is a dead man walking. Mourinho will get the axe at some point, and its a question of "when", instead of "if". So, the board the making the whole thing difficult for them day after day, because when the gets the axe, it will be too late to save the season (actually its already too late), then the big question will be asked: "why wait so long to make the right thing?".

I remember whe City sacked Mark Hughes and the whole british press pictured them as the bad guys, I remember during a press conference when someone from City board was asked about the situation, he replied that they would do everything they could to make the new City project succesful. They hired Mancini and they won PL after decades. A decent board is not one that make deacisions to praise the fans in the easiest ways, or to look nice to press. A decent board is one that is not afraid to make tough decisions.

A decent board is one that understand there is a big difference between stability and keeping the same manager as long as possible. A decent board is one that understand a club success can't rely in one single man.

I said earlier I feel confused because its really hard to believe the board still believe Mourinho will turn things around, because at this point he just can't turn things around, unless they accept the top 10 is an acceptable goal as some Mourinho fans are suggesting in this topic. Perhaps they are just waiting the end of the season because they already know who's next boss is. But considering Avran Grant was give a 3 years contract (no, he was never an interim manager, he was given the full job with a long contract) and was fired after reaching UCL final, probably it means the Board actually doesn't know what they are doing and are paralysed by this awful season.

Not that I'm debating on what you mentioned (which is very correct) but just trying to see the other side as well.

Just a Food of thought!!!

We had been bad in the past when it came down to stability with Managers ... We been pretty trigger happy and I guess that is one of the reasons why we lost out on Pep who basically had a red carpet laid for him. "I" believe that the board and the owner has evolved over period of time and really want to take Chelsea on the top. This means we need a team which is winning every season and need stability on the manager level so that we dont get our face blacken when we approach the next top manager. The board might have thought that we wouldnt end up top 4 or 5 or even top 7 anyways so lets stick with the manager and show that we do believe in stability, score some brownie points with the Manager's community and then in the summer do a re-shuffle. Thats my bit of Conspiracy theory. :)

These papers and sources are all over the place.

If the contract is £40 million - then I don't care who you are, there is zero chance it's a contract without 'remedies'

The clause will likely be, payment until a new job is found, up to a maximum of the remaining contract value. It's unlikely that it will be a cold hard lump sum. Even this if true is extremely poor and if true, shows we have learnt nothing from the previous manager musical chairs. Whoever is in charge of our contracts team needs to be fired. Absolutely shocking.

However, if Mourinho is sacked and he loves Chelsea so much, surely he would be willing to forgo such a payout? He's one of us right? Wrong! He will do what every other person would do, bank the money, that kind of cash will set his family up for generations. Not bad for a translator at a football club :)

As for 9 players going, sure - but other people have to want to buy them, or again, see above, we are screwed with contract value - it's not FM in the 1990's where you coud release anybody :)

I can't imagine anything happening today, it's just papers and click bait...

Mourinho would never resign no matter how bad it gets main reason being the amount of money he is gonna get. Maybe the board is waiting to see if he resigns to save Some face and Ofcourse money.

lets get this right....you only joined so you could mug off the manager.

Welcome and thanks for showing your support for the club first ;-)

Good grief man....whats the world coming to

too many afraid to say the unsayable. ive been patient but time to bite the bullet. get zola in now til the end of the season and then beg ancellotti to come back. survival then progress. nobody is bigger than the club. jose has lost the plot. dead man walking. have a good look at his face during the post match interviews.

If the contract is £40 million - then I don't care who you are, there is zero chance it's a contract without 'remedies'

The clause will likely be, payment until a new job is found, up to a maximum of the remaining contract value. It's unlikely that it will be a cold hard lump sum. Even this if true is extremely poor and if true, shows we have learnt nothing from the previous manager musical chairs. Whoever is in charge of our contracts team needs to be fired. Absolutely shocking.

However, if Mourinho is sacked and he loves Chelsea so much, surely he would be willing to forgo such a payout? He's one of us right? Wrong! He will do what every other person would do, bank the money, that kind of cash will set his family up for generations. Not bad for a translator at a football club :)

As for 9 players going, sure - but other people have to want to buy them, or again, see above, we are screwed with contract value - it's not FM in the 1990's where you coud release anybody :)

9 players leaving at one go is hogwash.

I just don't see a massive turonver either in January or next summer regardless of who the manager is. The club is not awash with transfer funds anymore and to me, it may be a good thing as this will eventually force the powers that be to integrate youth more proactively.

i honestly feel, it would not be a massive issue selling 9 players.

cesc, oscar, costa, hazard, mikel, ramires. iva and JT should not get a contract extension. and i guess end falcao's loan right now.

cesc can be replaced with RLC and oscar can be replaced by musonda EASILY. i mean we would not miss a step.

mikel and rambo need to be shipped off ASAP and quality players need to be brought in - matuidi and witsel?

willian, pedro, hazard. as our AMs. try to get lacazette.

get a proper LB and a CB. massive massive overhaul, but we need to do it.

i honestly feel, it would not be a massive issue selling 9 players.

cesc, oscar, costa, hazard, mikel, ramires. iva and JT should not get a contract extension. and i guess end falcao's loan right now.

cesc can be replaced with RLC and oscar can be replaced by musonda EASILY. i mean we would not miss a step.

mikel and rambo need to be shipped off ASAP and quality players need to be brought in - matuidi and witsel?

willian, pedro, hazard. as our AMs. try to get lacazette.

get a proper LB and a CB. massive massive overhaul, but we need to do it.

Don't worry hazard is gonna go already at the end of the season. Missing one of the best players in the world. We just can't replace him any time soon especially with out champions league

I will show you how your mum has forward thinking...

If you are filled up you will take more time eat thus making you need more food overall in your day. Then with this, next time you go buy food might be delayed by a day or two and so on. So, overall you will end up consuming less food (and waisting less).

Your mum is more of a genius than you think!

I'll be sure to tell her you said so :D

"It's hard. All last season I did phenomenal work and I brought them to a level that is more than they really are."

For this statement I have absolutely no words.

How can any manager say that is beyond me. If one has betrayed anyone its Mourinho and his little games about playing tall and experienced players and all the bullshit he said.

Please quote the full sentence :)

"Or last season I did phenomenal work and I brought them to a level that is more than they really are, or this season we are doing so bad that the players for some reason, I'm not saying all the players, I don't want to put them all in the same basket, but clearly where some of them is so difficult"

Now you can understand his point, the media/forums only quote what they want

Even if Jose gets the sack, the board has to analyze the squad and get rid of some of its members as soon as possible. It doesn't matter if the manager lost the plot. If your ego is bigger than the club's performances, then you shouldn't be here because you are not professional.

Majority of the papers have written about the impending doom of Mourinho. And then we have Sky Sports who claims his position at the club is unchanged - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10100602/jose-mourinhos-chelsea-position-unchanged-sky-sources. Take your pick.

On the farcical side of things, the media have become so desperate that they actually asked Andy Carroll (ANDY FREAKING CARROLL!!!) about our situation - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/10101413/chelsea-in-a-relegation-battle-says-west-hams-andy-carroll

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Why on earth would you trust Mourinho to rebuild a squad?

Give me one good reason please. Just one.

Because he actually built the most successful Chelsea of history, which lasted for about 8 years.

But i guess then it was Lamps Didier and JT doing the work for Mourinho, now it's only on him that he can't make Fabregas and co. play =)