The Mourinho Thread

1 minute ago, manpe said:

United learning from our mistakes.

Their situation is hilarious. United always think long term and yet, they hired a manager who is only interested on short term and because of that difference, the club aren't happy with Mourinho. It's almost as if Ed Woodward and co. were oblivious to Mourinho before hiring him. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Their situation is hilarious. United always think long term and yet, they hired a manager who is only interested on short term and because of that difference, the club aren't happy with Mourinho. It's almost as if Ed Woodward and co. were oblivious to Mourinho before hiring him. 

They themselves wanted a quick fix for getting back to winning trophies or the title. Now that hasn't gone as planned, they are having second thoughts I think.

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

They themselves wanted a quick fix for getting back to winning trophies or the title. Now that hasn't gone as planned, they are having second thoughts I think.

Yeah and looks like they will probably sack him sooner or later if nothing changes. Should have listened to Bobby Charlton, who never wanted Mourinho to begin with.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Yeah and looks like they will probably sack him sooner or later if nothing changes. Should have listened to Bobby Charlton, who never wanted Mourinho to begin with.

Do you know what is the general vibe of Utd fans towards Mourinho now? I don't read RedCafe much, but my United supporter coworker, who was very much pro-Mourinho before, now wants him out.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Do you know what is the general vibe of Utd fans towards Mourinho now? I don't read RedCafe much, but my United supporter coworker, who was very much pro-Mourinho before, now wants him out.

I have not been reading RedCafe but I would think the vibe isn't great at all. Hard to feel great when your manager has been moaning about anything and everything every week and your two arch rivals have been outshining you. We all felt the same with the former situation when Mourinho was in charge. Doubt it's any different with the United fans at this point.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The thing is, United and Mou actually "married" with a long term view. Mourinho always said he wanted long term after Real and both us and United fell for it. You can excuse us the error because of the emotional connection and the fact he wasn't proven either way in that regard, but for United to appoint him with long term aspirations after his non existent long term ability was so spectacularly exposed for the world to see has to be the most amateur decision ever made at top level football.

Since mourinho got to manutd, they have signed

Bailey,

Lindelof,

Matic,

Pogba,

Fred,

Sanchez,

Lukaku.

He already had De gea in the club. The only positions he didnt sign players is in the right wing and fullback positions. Must he sign a full starting eleven before he can say he's ready to challenge for the premier league? I think Manutd are already fed up with him, I won't be surprised to see Zidane after this season.

23 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Bailey,

Lindelof,

Matic,

Pogba,

Fred,

Sanchez,

Lukaku.

He already had De gea in the club. The only positions he didnt sign players is in the right wing and fullback positions. Must he sign a full starting eleven before he can say he's ready to challenge for the premier league? I think Manutd are already fed up with him, I won't be surprised to see Zidane after this season.

Mhkitaryan...

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

Bailey,

Lindelof,

Matic,

Pogba,

Fred,

Sanchez,

Lukaku.

It's comical how after all these years, their first choice full backs are still Valencia and Young. 

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

The thing is, United and Mou actually "married" with a long term view. Mourinho always said he wanted long term after Real and both us and United fell for it. You can excuse us the error because of the emotional connection and the fact he wasn't proven either way in that regard, but for United to appoint him with long term aspirations after his non existent long term ability was so spectacularly exposed for the world to see has to be the most amateur decision ever made at top level football.

Indeed. They had us as reference but turned a blind eye when going after Mourinho. Guess they were desperate to win trophies, like manpe said, and get a high profile manager after the Moyes and Van Gaal fiascos and decided to get Mourinho without proper thought.

Bailey,
Lindelof,
Matic,
Pogba,
Fred,
Sanchez,
Lukaku.

Fundamentally his football philosophy is completely outdated. Watching his matches nowadays make you wonder if they have training drills and tactical plans at all, completely clueless.

3 hours ago, Ryan Fong said:

Fundamentally his football philosophy is completely outdated. Watching his matches nowadays make you wonder if they have training drills and tactical plans at all, completely clueless.

There were rumors when he was here that he gave the attackers freedom to attack. I questioned back then what "freedom to attack" meant. Now looking at Man united, this actually means he has no tactical drills in attacking, only in defending do you see a definite plan.

Thats why they cant have consecutive/consistent entertaining matches, their style of attacking totally depends on the form of the players on the matchday. 

18 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

There were rumors when he was here that he gave the attackers freedom to attack. I questioned back then what "freedom to attack" meant. Now looking at Man united, this actually means he has no tactical drills in attacking, only in defending do you see a definite plan.

Thats why they cant have consecutive/consistent entertaining matches, their style of attacking totally depends on the form of the players on the matchday. 

It is true, that's why he needs a 'magician' in his teams, somebody who can do something on his own. Someone from our squad, maybe Eden himself, said that his main plan was "give it to Eden". There is a difference between cohesive freedom and chaotic freedom, he practises the last one. He is hoping Sanchez will be what Hazard was for him at Chelsea, but he looks painfully average in that disorganized setup. Makes me appreciate Hazard even more, he was playing at a high level despite Mourinho (although couldn't do it anymore in the meltdown season, nobody could).

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

What he did with us I think was hammered the "defend at all cost" approach into them and it took away their natural instincts to go forward at times.