The Mourinho Thread

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

It was 7th heaven at RedCafe before the Dortmund game, but things have changed in a blink hahah. From absolute title favourites under Mourinho's supposed genius, they've now opened a thread wondering what would happen if Mourinho fails to finish in the top 4  :lol:

Can't blame them though because any decent football fan that has watched United vs Dortmund the other day, plus Chelsea's matches the last three seasons, automatically knows they'll be playing that dull football from now on. Especially against the big teams.

I only visit RedCafe maybe a couple times a day, but I can't help but feel that they are already afraid of Guardiola and want tomorrow's match against City to be cancelled so bad :lol: "Because of weather conditions" they say, but that's bullshit as far as I am concerned. They are afraid of what media would write should Guardiola give Mourinho a good spanking, with a mixed team, days after Dortmund humiliated them in a same manner. 

14 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

It was 7th heaven at RedCafe before the Dortmund game, but things have changed in a blink hahah. From absolute title favourites under Mourinho's supposed genius, they've now opened a thread wondering what would happen if Mourinho fails to finish in the top 4  :lol:

Can't blame them though because any decent football fan that has watched United vs Dortmund the other day, plus Chelsea's matches the last three seasons, automatically knows they'll be playing that dull football from now on. Especially against the big teams.

I only visit RedCafe maybe a couple times a day, but I can't help but feel that they are already afraid of Guardiola and want tomorrow's match against City to be cancelled so bad :lol: "Because of weather conditions" they say, but that's bullshit as far as I am concerned. They are afraid of what media would write should Guardiola give Mourinho a good spanking, with a mixed team, days after Dortmund humiliated them in a same manner. 

Given both teams' fear of losing this game (lol), the heavy rain provides a perfect excuse for cancelling it. I'd be surprised if it goes ahead to be honest. 

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Making a big deal of a pre-season game....

Just to show that it's not only Chelsea with the pessimist/knee jerk reaction fans. 

14 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Its not the losing or the kneejerk reaction that suprizes me,

Its having all those amazing talents theyve got up there and playing such boring football.. I wasn't a big fan of us doing it but I kept telling myself it was OK cause we were winning.

Mourinho is perfect for United.

The duties of a United manager include intimidating your opponents, flat-track bullying, pecking at the opposition coach, haranguing the ref, manipulating the FA and hauling obscene stockpiles of silverware back home, while the whinging, plaintive cries of the defeated recede into nothingness, The players at United throughout their success know this and under Ferguson cheated like fuck to attain this.

Jose knows, utterly and absolutely, that in sport winning is the only thing that matters, the only record that anyone pays attention to. Ferguson knew this; Keane knew this; Ronaldo, Cantona and even Beckham, He knows where the bottom line is, and so do United.

All I hope for is a massive meltdown either between the board and Jose or the players, the sooner the better

On 26/7/2016 at 4:29 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Jose knows, utterly and absolutely, that in sport winning is the only thing that matters, the only record that anyone pays attention to. Ferguson knew this; Keane knew this; Ronaldo, Cantona and even Beckham, He knows where the bottom line is, and so do United.

Does it really have to be this way ? Is there only one way of winning ? The one including cheating and disrespecting everyone besides your team ? 

I for one don't think it should be that way, in the end, only the winners are remembered, but you know who are remembered more ? The "good" winners. 

Without going on ideology shocks here ( as once again, I don't believe there is only one way of winning ), but I'm pretty certain 2009 Barcelona are more remembered as treble champions than the 2010 Inter. Because they won in a great fashion, probably the greatest possible fashion, winning while cheating doesn't make you less of a winner, but winning brilliantly makes you a better winner.

Just my opinion ofc.

On 2016/7/23 at 9:44 PM, Leif said:

I'm bitter that we're not good enough for you. Try the forum section of the official Chelsea website, that's where you'll find the locals. If you expect politeness from them though, heh.

When I asked for more discussion forums for Chelsea fans, I DID NOT mean TalkChelsea was not good enough. I was just curious. It was you who misconstrued my simple question and thought too much.

Thanks for the advice. I would not expect politeness from them or you. Fair enough.

11 hours ago, Adnane said:

Does it really have to be this way ? Is there only one way of winning ? The one including cheating and disrespecting everyone besides your team ? 

I for one don't think it should be that way, in the end, only the winners are remembered, but you know who are remembered more ? The "good" winners. 

Without going on ideology shocks here ( as once again, I don't believe there is only one way of winning ), but I'm pretty certain 2009 Barcelona are more remembered as treble champions than the 2010 Inter. Because they won in a great fashion, probably the greatest possible fashion, winning while cheating doesn't make you less of a winner, but winning brilliantly makes you a better winner.

Just my opinion ofc.

No youre right, theres more than one way of winning.

My point being with Jose and United its a marriage made in hell. Both have a win at any cost mentality.

39 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

No youre right, theres more than one way of winning.

My point being with Jose and United its a marriage made in hell. Both have a win at any cost mentality.

Sounds like our pre season last year eh And couln'd happen to a better team. Apart from them up in North London

http://www.footballfan.zone/blogs/frustration-for-jose-as-man-united-repeat-the-same-mistake-again/

Schweinsteiger situation is interesting, hasn't made the best impression at United. Spent most of his time in Germany than Manchester alone last year, while taking home a nice fat £200,000 a week paycheck. You can see why Mourinho's banishing him, it's August and he's not waiting around to get rid of people. 

That being said, LOOOOOL. That didn't take long. Mou's man management (or lack of) to kick in. A tactical genius, absolutely no doubt. But that ego is his blessing and curse, can work brilliance for certain players but can also come back to haunt. He's lucky Schweinsteiger isn't a United hero or anything because the backlash could have been worse. United fans seem to be accepting of it, give them a year or two..

17 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Bastian Schweinsteiger reportedly moved to the reserve dressing room and trained with the reserves…on his birthday.

What an asshole... At least don't do it on man's birthday - show some respect for fucks sake.

So happy to not have this toxic person at our club anymore.