Chelsea v Aston Villa

Jase

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I said he might not have in him what it takes, what I mean is that he's trying. He isn't being stubborn as people label him (which he is, but not now), people don't recognize him for trying, but he's been trying.

I don't think he has aversion against real fullbacks, I just think he's limited in some of his views, he's had teams with real fullbacks more often than he hasn't, much more IIRC all his teams here, at Inter and Real. But I do agree he's normally trying to nullify.

I don't think he benched Hazard today to offer support to Baba. He could just ask Willian to play there and move Hazard to the middle if he felt like protection was required, I think he benched Hazard because he's been awful. People were asking him to bench him just weeks ago (then there was international break) and using his lack of action on that as Mourinho protecting his untouchables. You won't read the same people asking Eden to be benched to praise Mourinho for now doing it.

I don't really mind the stubborn part. He has his views and beliefs and that's his prerogative. Of course, if you're doing something and it doesn't work, you will be criticised.

Mehh, this is the man that played Gallas and Chivu at fullback. Ferreira and Arbeloa as well, they're so old-school. Cole joined and became a defensive fullback in the short time he played under him.

He only likes to play one fullback, one 'modern fullback' max (I dislike that term, 'modern fullbacks' have been around for over 15 years, it's time to drop the modern part). Now we have a defensive fullback on one side and a CB built RB with 0 pace on the other side.

(Mourinho playing Marcelo was shocking btw, talk about stepping out of your comfort zone.)

Personally, I'd never drop Hazard. Just like I would never drop David Silva for example. He's just one of those players who can always come up with something or find form in an instant. But I'm not mad at Mourinho for benching him.

I would've preferred Hazard in the middle behind the striker and Cesc out in this shape. But it doesn't really matter as long as it brings a win.

Any good streams for this one? Quite understandably the Everton - Utd game being broadcasted over here instead.

http://www.realstreamunited.com/free-live-video-streaming-chelsea-fc-aston-villa-football-england-premier-league-323367.html

I usually just check the 'flash' stream links

I don't really mind the stubborn part. He has his views and beliefs and that's his prerogative. Of course, if you're doing something and it doesn't work, you will be criticised.

Mehh, this is the man that played Gallas and Chivu at fullback. Ferreira and Arbeloa as well, they're so old-school. Cole joined and became a defensive fullback in the short time he played under him.

He only likes to play one fullback, one 'modern fullback' (I dislike that term, 'modern fullbacks' have been around for over 15 years, it's time to drop the modern part). Now we have a defensive fullback one side and a CB built RB with 0 pace on the other side.

(Mourinho playing Marcelo was shocking btw, talk about stepping out of your comfort zone.)

Personally, I'd never drop Hazard. Just like I would never drop David Silva for example. He's just one of those players who can always come up with something or find form in an instant. But I'm not mad at Mourinho for benching him.

I would've preferred Hazard in the middle behind the striker and Cesc out in this shape. But it doesn't really matter as long as it brings a win.

Chivu was mostly played in the pivot in his time at Inter... because of injuries he played there some times, but not too often, unless I'm very mistaken, my memory is foggy and Chivu played so long in Inter and not only under José that I might be mistaken, but as far as I remember it was Maicon and Zanetti :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: for like 90% of the matches under Mourinho. Chivu used to take turns with Motta in the middle.

Chivu was mostly played in the pivot in his time at Inter... because of injuries he played there some times, but not too often, unless I'm very mistaken, my memory is foggy and Chivu played so long in Inter and not only under José that I might be mistaken, but as far as I remember it was Maicon and Zanetti :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: for like 90% of the matches under Mourinho. Chivu used to take turns with Motta in the middle.

Fair enough. But again, Zanetti (completely agree with you btw, perfect fullback) played a defensive role. (Azpilicueta's father?)

Chivu in the pivot haha. Could you think of something more Mourinho-esque...

Hazard deserves to be dropped, been useless all season, same with Cesc tbh. I hope this motivates him, he talks a good game in interviews but sometimes he's far too laid back for his own good.

The fact this is the second game he is benched, worries me. He had a good NT game, so what is the issue between him and Mou. That is what im wondering about .

You made me question my memory so I did some 'research'. Check this out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_UEFA_Champions_League_Final

(scroll down)

Zanetti played in midfield, Chivu at fullback. I really think that was the usual shape. Along with the 4-3-1-2 formation with Stanko/Muntari in midfield and Pandev, mostly in Serie A games.

The fact this is the second game he is benched, worries me. He had a good NT game, so what is the issue between him and Mou. That is what im wondering about .

He was clearly getting back in form, should have benched him earlier not now.