Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When players like Hazard, Fabregas and Pedro are just looking absolutely clueless going forward... There's only one man you need to look at.

Man, RLC would've helped massively today.

pedro has won the CL multiple times. you are telling me that jose needs to tell him to stay on the wing and try and isolate a 20 year old RB as a LB. pedro has not even tried to do that once. i mean horrendous display fromhim.

cesc fabregas the "midfield controller", even a little bit of pressure on the ball and he will lose it. and we were praising him for "controlling" the mid against a 9 men arsenal.

hazard has been horrendous in attack. i can only think that it is tactical that jose has told him to not track janmaat and use the space vacated by him. but he has been unable to even do that.

all in all, this is down to our players. not manager. ivanovic and his shitness is the thing to blame on jose.

In all seriousness what the hell happened to Cesc? Guy has been an absolute joke this year.

I'd throw Matic into that category too, an absolute shell of himself, getting bundled off the ball by Ayoze Perez for bloody hell's sake.

11 against 11, I have not seen Oscar provide any of this defensive solidarity for Fabregas today. The amount of times Newcastle have broken through is crazy. We look way too vulnerable. It has been the same all season apart from Arsenal. Lack of real dominance in the midfield and we are getting exploited time and time again. So frustrating. We can't beat Arsenal then have such a performance like this against the joint worse team in the league this season.

I don't expect those results to suddenly make us world beaters again but certainly give the players more confidence and make them play better than they have been! The performance they put out there in the first half was fucking atrocious!

You gotta be more precise here, though. The guys that were instrumental in those 3 games are mostly not playing today: Costa, RLC, Kenedy, hell even Mikel.

1st half ratings:

Bergovic 6: one good save.

Azpilicueta 5: decent

Cahill 3: the same Cahill that fucked England in last WC.

Zouma 1: looked a amateur CB the whole time, and his mistake in the Newcastle goal was the one of the worst ones I've seen from a Chelsea CB in recent seasons.

Ivanovic 0 : Bad. He can't defend. he can't pass, he can't cross.

Matic 0: bad defending, bad passing and his support to attacking players was innefctive. He almost gave away a goal after a clumsy effort to intercept an opponent inside the box.

Fabregas 5: bad defending, but one of the few players that created anything in 45 minutes.

Hazard 2: average and invisible.

Oscar 2: hide himself in the Newcastle midfield.

Pedro 0: he can't do Willian job, defending he looks clumsy and too slow while attacking.

Remy 0: missed everything he tried in the first half.

Mourinho -10: that lazy PES and FIFA player, who never care about the formation and always use the default formation, and all he can do is change players, while the game plan is the same the whole time.

I'm not saying any of those guys have been a problem today... Why are you getting so defensive?

My point is that offensively we look clueless. There's no game plan and it's affecting our top (attacking) players severely.

I agree that the offense is clueless but I was more making a comment that Hazard has looked crisp but his teammates have not helped him.

Come on! What the fuck we're doing! Why Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Kenedy are not on the pitch! at least they want to conquer the world!

The midfield more predictable in the world. 0 creativity, 0 verticality, 0 convinations, 0 balls.

This is quite disappointing. We were dead in Premier League last week and six days later we could be reborn after the two losses of Manchester City, but we return to do a poor performance. It's incomprehensible.

I hope for a strong reaction from our players.

I saw the Spurs - City score, wanted to laugh, but stopped myself. This is why.

Sad, sad stuff. So much talent in the team, yet I still can't detect quality team attacking play. No patterns at all.

I can't wait for the day to come my Chelsea will go into an era of quality attacking play. Bring back the Zola days combined with today's top spending power.

pedro has won the CL multiple times. you are telling me that jose needs to tell him to stay on the wing and try and isolate a 20 year old RB as a LB. pedro has not even tried to do that once. i mean horrendous display fromhim.

cesc fabregas the "midfield controller", even a little bit of pressure on the ball and he will lose it. and we were praising him for "controlling" the mid against a 9 men arsenal.

hazard has been horrendous in attack. i can only think that it is tactical that jose has told him to not track janmaat and use the space vacated by him. but he has been unable to even do that.

all in all, this is down to our players. not manager. ivanovic and his shitness is the thing to blame on jose.

Nope, I will blame it on Jose. We have looked clueless going forward for months now. Always relying on individual brilliance.

Our own game? Since when have we closed down hassled opposition? This side has had zero intensity for the longest time now.

Last week against Arsenal. Thats what Oscar does, Matic used to. But I agree, we haven't shown that side of our game this season. I am so fucking angry now that I would even take on Costa