Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

I want to leave before I say something really bizarre and get banned from the forum.

Anyways 45 minutes left hopefully Mourinho can turn this around, start with removing Ivanovic, replace fabregas with RLC, and Pedro with Kennedy.

From Champions to Relegation looks like we will create history after all.

How to replace Cesc with RLC when one genius didn't even put him on the bench...

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is typical us that instead of poking onto the bad form of the opponent, press them high and frustrate them, we back the shit off and let them play whilst taking ages to get forward.

It's amazing, really. By now you'd expect Mourinho to see that our midfield would even get run over by someone in a wheelchair, so why not press them? Why the fuck did we keep Oscar over Mata/KDB if you're not gonna use his pressing ability at all?!

When players like Hazard, Fabregas and Pedro are just looking absolutely clueless going forward... There's only one man you need to look at.

Man, RLC would've helped massively today.

To be fair Hazard hasn't been the problem today he's had no support and he's been crisp today

Hope for a better second half, surely it can't be worse, can it?

We´ll see, with us playing like crap i won´t have high hopes, and if we do manage to play better, expect Newcastle and specially Krull to defend for their lives and keep us out then hit us on the counter and score, we´ve seen it happen time and time again.

And have we really troubled them so far? We are being outplayed at our own game of closing down and hassling the opposition, and we just don't seem to be up for it.

Our own game? Since when have we closed down hassled opposition? This side has had zero intensity for the longest time now.

It's like our players is fed up by winning the league last year. No fighting spirit, no hunger just NOTHING. Maybe Ferguson is right when he said that if there is sometime you really need to sign new top players it is the year you won the league or another major title.

Towards the end of the half they showed the ground different players had covered. Very worrying that Matic and Fabregas so far ahead of our other players. They are having to do a lot of running because of the poor play by our center halfs i feel. If we want to play the high line the CBs have to be more aggressive. I'm not sure if its because our defenders are used to the park-the-bus/deep defense or they are simply being outplayed by Newcastle players. Probably a combination of both.