Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Well, I am sure he will stay to finish the season. He has always been top professional.

Strange we have heard nothing about extending his contract and Willian at least until the end of the season.

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Strange we have heard nothing about extending his contract and Willian at least until the end of the season.

Willian has pretty much confirmed he's going to accept short term terms.

Pedro set to leave Chelsea before end of season as AS Roma beat out Inter — reports

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2020/6/7/21282968/pedro-set-to-leave-chelsea-before-end-of-season-as-as-roma-beat-out-inter-reports

According to Marca (via Sport Witness), Pedro doesn’t see any point of continuing the season with the Blues past June 30th.

Shit if true.

41 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pedro set to leave Chelsea before end of season as AS Roma beat out Inter — reports

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2020/6/7/21282968/pedro-set-to-leave-chelsea-before-end-of-season-as-as-roma-beat-out-inter-reports

According to Marca (via Sport Witness), Pedro doesn’t see any point of continuing the season with the Blues past June 30th.

Shit if true.

You know Willian is going to pull this shit too. 

On 07/06/2020 at 6:57 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Shit if true.

Obviously Pedro has a right to leave at the end of his deal. It's not unreasonable of him to want to protect his next contract. Not playing avoids injury, ensures a good rest, and sets up a structured preseason for himself. His decision is still disappointing though.

If true, this is more evidence that things are not as we would like them to be in Cobham. First there was the cold reception for Pulli, then the players seemingly failing to offer the club financial help during the pandemic, and now this.

As far as I know, Pedro has always given his best, and generally been a good servant. If this decision shows that there isn't a bond of affection between the club and some of its players, then maybe less harm will be done if they do leave asap. It will take maximum output from the players to secure a CL place. If some of them find they've already moved on in their heads, then there's no point forcing them to leave their bodies behind.

17 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If true, this is more evidence that things are not as we would like them to be in Cobham. First there was the cold reception for Pulli, then the players seemingly failing to offer the club financial help during the pandemic, and now this.

I don't understand why people have read or are reading too much into Pulisic's comments about getting ignored on his first day. He said it himself, it was after a long training day, everyone was tired and sleeping inside the bus. I'm sure he got a proper introduction the following day and he didn't mean anything malicious with it. There's nothing after that to suggest he isn't liked etc and he looks to be getting along well with the younger players, which is hardly surprising.

We aren't the only club to have not made the players take a pay cut. Based on the usual reliable sources, discussions between the players and club were amicable and there was no ill feeling between both parties. The club asked the players to continue supporting charities during this pandemic and given we have not furloughed any staff, continue to pay the players and staff's wages in full and are looking to spend big in the transfer window, it suggests the club are in a good/stable position to survive this period without the wage cut. And that is when you consider we have two full proper teams within the club - the men and women teams.

As for Pedro, I agree with you that he has every right to do what he wants since his contract expires on June 30 but I'd reserve my judgment until we get an official news or stories from more reliable sources on what's happening. Right now, the rumors that are going around are just that...rumors. 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I don't understand why people have read or are reading too much into Pulisic's comments about getting ignored on his first day. He said it himself, it was after a long training day, everyone was tired and sleeping inside the bus. I'm sure he got a proper introduction the following day and he didn't mean anything malicious with it. There's nothing after that to suggest he isn't liked etc and he looks to be getting along well with the younger players, which is hardly surprising.

We aren't the only club to have not made the players take a pay cut. Based on the usual reliable sources, discussions between the players and club were amicable and there was no ill feeling between both parties. The club asked the players to continue supporting charities during this pandemic and given we have not furloughed any staff, continue to pay the players and staff's wages in full and are looking to spend big in the transfer window, it suggests the club are in a good/stable position to survive this period without the wage cut. And that is when you consider we have two full proper teams within the club - the men and women teams.

As for Pedro, I agree with you that he has every right to do what he wants since his contract expires on June 30 but I'd reserve my judgment until we get an official news or stories from more reliable sources on what's happening. Right now, the rumors that are going around are just that...rumors. 

Thanks J,

I hope I've made it clear that I am also reserving judgement on the Pedro story by prefacing my comments with, "If true". 

Pulli described traveling alone from his arrival point and meeting up with the squad at their hotel during the preseason tour. He said that he was then pretty much left to his own devices until the start of his first training session. Contrast this with earlier new signings joining up during overseas tours being met at the airport by JT, and travelling with him to get settled in and to meet the group.

In my previous comments about the players help for the club*, and in the one to which you replied, I've acknowledged that there is room for impressions to be updated when more complete information is known. Notice I said the players seemingly didn't offer to help the club.

It was reported that the players offered to sacrifice a portion of their earnings on condition that the club paid that money to charity instead. This would result in little or no saving to the club. Granted, the club's press release stated that the players had been asked to make charitable donations, but reports suggested that this was just an attempt to spin the outcome of discussions. It was said that Chelsea still hoped the players would agree to share some of the financial burden.

I'm proud of the way CFC has behaved during the pandemic, and I have a good opinion of our players too. Whether we ever get to hear details or not, I hope club and players resolve the situation in a way that shows they really are in this together.

*To avoid any thoughts of hypocrisy: The club is refunding a pro-rata amount from the cost of season tickets. It has invited ST holders to make a donation, if they wish, to one of a selection of charities, and stated they will match amounts donated. I wrote to the club saying that I had made (small) contributions to a number of charities already, and that I would prefer the club to keep the refund. They have not replied.

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Pulli described traveling alone from his arrival point and meeting up with the squad at their hotel during the preseason tour, then pretty much being left to his own devices until the start of the first training session he was involved with. Contrast this with previous new signings joining up during overseas tours being met at the airport by JT and travelling with him to be introduced to the group.

But...but, it's just a minor thing? :carlo: I can't remember the past but don't tell me JT went and met with every new signing at the airport etc in the past?

8 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

In my previous comments about the players help for the club*, and in the one to which you replied, I've acknowledged that there is room for impressions to be updated when more complete information is known. Notice I said the players seemingly didn't offer to help the club.

It was reported that the players offered to sacrifice a portion of their earnings on condition that the club paid that money to charity instead. This would result in little or no saving to the club. Granted, the club's press release stated that the players had been asked to make charitable donations, but reports suggested that this was just an attempt to spin the outcome of discussions. It was said that Chelsea still hoped the players would agree to share some of the financial burden.

I'm proud of the way CFC has behaved during the pandemic, and I have a good opinion of our players too. Whether we ever get to hear details or not, I hope club and players resolve the situation in a way that shows they really are in this together.

There has been nothing to suggest that the players and club are or have been on bad terms over the wage cut. Am sure they are resolving or have resolved the issue amicably. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

But...but, it's just a minor thing? :carlo: I can't remember the past but don't tell me JT went and met with every new signing at the airport etc in the past? 

No, I can't say that I know that he did meet them all but players have described him doing that to welcome them so it was at least an occasional thing. The examples I remember were of players joining an American tour in progress.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

There has been nothing to suggest that the players and club are or have been on bad terms over the wage cut. Am sure they are resolving or have resolved the issue amicably. 

Agreed.