Baba Rahman

Please sign Jonas Hector! Perfect modern fullback.

I see Liverpool are sniffing around him. We should hurry up and snatch him.

Couldn't cross to save his life, i for one would have much rather Baba in the team. For me Hector is average at best and not up to the job for a club like Chelsea.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Couldn't cross to save his life, i for one would have much rather Baba in the team. For me Hector is average at best and not up to the job for a club like Chelsea.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Looked good for Germnay this summer. I know that's a small sample size, but he's got to be starting for the world champs for a reason, yes? Although it's a bit strange that no other big club has snapped him up yet.

Looked good for Germnay this summer. I know that's a small sample size, but he's got to be starting for the world champs for a reason, yes? Although it's a bit strange that no other big club has snapped him up yet.

For me he was the weakest link in the German side. What i give you is that Hector works hard, covers a lot of ground and isn't bad in duels. What i don't like is his positioning and his attacking contribution is next no nothing, crosses almost always go missing. A country that had a player like Lahm this is such a downgrade, unbelievable...i'm not a fan!

But to keep things into perspective, before Conte has to field out Ivanovic and Azpilicueta (left side), i take Hector.

We'll find out soon enough which direction Hector's career takes...

10 minutes ago, The Mak said:

Sign Ricardo Rodriguez already ffs. Saying it for over 2 years now.

Still very young, can actually cross AND take set-pieces - we all know how shit they have been since Mata left.

I honestly can't get my head over the fact that clubs aren't fighting to sign Rodriguez...

2 hours ago, Melanicus said:

I honestly can't get my head over the fact that clubs aren't fighting to sign Rodriguez...

From what I've seen he is painfully slow. There has to be a reason why nobody is signing him

20 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I just hope IF we buy a fullback it's a LEFT BACK. So Azpi can go back on the right. 

Tho funny enough his stats pointed out he had a better time of it defencely on the left ...strange but true.

9 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

And you liked Celestine?

I ask because I didn't. I thought him very limited.

I liked him going forward but at the the back mmm limited, hence the similarities to Baba.

With the likes of Ivanovic, Oscar, Mikel, Remy, and Cuadrado I never figured Baba would be the first to go.

I thought for sure that Conte would give him a legit chance. Not that I'm complaining as he looked in over his head at times. There's clearly talent there. Maybe he'll have a successful loan and come back better.

18 minutes ago, mccg said:

Tho funny enough his stats pointed out he had a better time of it defencely on the left ...strange but true.

Yes that's true, he was a machine (at least defensively) playing at LB. IIRC there was a stat that showed something like of the first 15/20 goals we conceded, only 1 or 2 came down Azpi's side. But Azpi, much like everybody else in the team went through a horrible spell too.

And with Azpi at LB, Hazard has no help when he plays as LW. I mean, I know Baba Rahman didn't light the world on fire, but it was such a breath of fresh air, to see Hazard play with a genuine full-back who created extra space for him to operate, and a fullback who put in pinpoint crosses when asked to. It's just that Rahman was such a liability in defense. 

Seeing what Marcelo did to us yesterday highlights all that is wrong with our fullback options at the moment.

:lol: The CFC in out and revolving door in full effect again. He's not good enough I'm afraid, he will be sold sooner rather than later this is just another fold in the paper before he is shoved through the letterbox.

On 30/07/2016 at 7:25 PM, The Chels said:

That worst-case scenario probably entails another season of Ivanovic though. Damn it. If only The Individual hadn't sold Filipe...

On 30/07/2016 at 7:25 PM, The Chels said:

That worst-case scenario probably entails another season of Ivanovic though. Damn it. If only The Individual hadn't sold Filipe...

I would actually prefer Ivanovic to Baba, of course I'd rather neither were anywhere near the side but if presented with that Hobson's choice.......