Man City v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best timing for this match, time to face the reality.
We have not been good in the second part of last season, but it was the fighting mentality along with some great performers and mainly Eden that carried us to the title.

- Are we still good enough to park a good bus?
- Can we finally show some good counter attacking football?
- Does Jose has a new game plan to surprise us in these big games?

Our big games last season were really average compared to the 2013-14 season, we need to improve.
If we can't show anything positive in this game vs Man City, then what can we do against Real, Barca, PSG, Atletico and Bayern?

The big plus is, if we boards want, we still have two weeks to do something about our squad after this match.

I think Jose will play for the draw. Sit deep and try hit them on the counter.

Of course he will. If we try and attack we'll get beat, it's quite a simple scenario at the minute. For the next month or so we need to grind out results whilst we accrue match fitness. We're a good few weeks behind most clubs in that regard.

Of course he will. If we try and attack we'll get beat, it's quite a simple scenario at the minute. For the next month or so we need to grind out results whilst we accrue match fitness. We're a good few weeks behind most clubs in that regard.

Do you think this is an error from the clubs preseason planning that we are few weeks behind in match fitness as it may most likely cost us points in the first few games or does it mean we will have more gas left the the final weeks of the season..

You've made me ten times more confident now. Every time I have seen anyone say were getting hammered in a pre match thread we get a result every single time, one example being this very fixture season before last.

Haha, I really hope so mate.

And Mourinho's tactics don't really allow for us to get hammered (or to hammer ourselves unfortunately).

But after seeing City's display last night, with Silva & Touré already in top top form, Agüero ready, maybe KDB added to the squad, Kompany looking rejuvenated ... I really can't see us take much out of the game. I got the feeling that our entire team is struggling to find form.

lose this one and things could be hard for us.city last night just looked stronger than us

They did but there's a big difference between WBA and Swansea as well.

Swansea have a really decent team, I'd be surprised if they don't finish top half.

WBA were absolutely awful last night. No desire, no intent to win at all. For the opening game of the season in front of your home crowd, that is really disturbing. We would've beaten this side as well. Don't know if 0-3 though...

But yes, City played well and everyone looking really sharp and solid. Unlike us.

They did but there's a big difference between WBA and Swansea as well.

Swansea have a really decent team, I'd be surprised if they don't finish top half.

WBA were absolutely awful last night. No desire, no intent to win at all. For the opening game of the season in front of your home crowd, that is really disturbing. We would've beaten this side as well. Don't know if 0-3 though...

But yes, City played well and everyone looking really sharp and solid. Unlike us.

TBF, though, before 10 men we looked in control.

Had Courtois not been sent off I reckon my 3-1 prediction would have been accurate, imo.

Had Courtois not been sent off I reckon my 3-1 prediction would have been accurate, imo.

We looked fairly in control, but not really superior.

And if Courtois hadn't been sent off, that chance would probably have meant 2-2 anyway.

Swansea were getting in behind us way too easily in the beginning of the second half.

Do you think this is an error from the clubs preseason planning that we are few weeks behind in match fitness as it may most likely cost us points in the first few games or does it mean we will have more gas left the the final weeks of the season..

I do. It's all because of that post-season tour to Australia at the end of last season.