Man City v Chelsea

Jase

JM is very adverse to just putting our best XI against another top teams best XI and hoping our players are just better on the day like Pellers and Le Voyeur do for every big-game. And i get why he doesn't do it. (Not that I always agree with that mindset)

But for this game, I would play same line-up from Saturday. Too much offensive quality is lost when Oscar is replaced with Rambo, or any other changes are made. We've seen it time and time again.

If JM is worried about Cesc getting over-run in midfield its just a risk you gotta take. The lack of transfer activity for a Witsel/Koke type of CM has ensured the lack of options we have for these big games.

As for Ivanovic vs Sterling. Its another risk that can be attributed soley to JM's loyalty to him. All we can do is pray he performs better.

Im not worried. Sterling was in Ivas pocket every time when we played Liverpool.

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2013/01/raheem-sterling-hails-chelsea-star-branislav-ivanovic.html

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So with the agreement for Baba I wish to modify my team

Bego

Azpi Gazza CLL Baba

Matic

Oscar Willian

Moses Costa Hazard

I honestly think we can win this, moreso with Baba replacing Ivanovic on at least a temporary basis, I will also upgrade my prediction to 3-1.

Why are people so worried, it happens every year that it is predicted City will thrash us and then Mourinho's brilliance wins. then each City players (especially Nasri) come up saying how they were better and Chelsea was lucky.....blah...blah...... but the next year they still can't beat us.

Begovic

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpilicueta

Matic - Zouma

Oscar

Willian - Costa - Hazard

That would be my ideal lineup. Zouma and Matic in midfield like versus United, Zouma can be a bit asset with a City midfield comprising of Yaya, Fernando/dinho. Oscar needs to pick up where he left off against Swansea.

Begovic

Matic - Zouma

Oscar

Willian - Costa - Hazard

That would be my ideal lineup. Zouma and Matic in midfield like versus United, Zouma can be a bit asset with a City midfield comprising of Yaya, Fernando/dinho. Oscar needs to pick up where he left off against Swansea.

Honestly think he might actually go for this lineup but with Ramires instead of Oscar, I forgot completely that Zouma was always an option in midfield as well and with Fabregas's form recently I think Jose might just choose Zouma over him in midfield for extra protection.

Oscar should play though imo because he has a fantastic game against Swansea, but we all know he got a set tactic for big games and Oscar seems to be off it permanently now.

Begovic

Matic - Zouma

Oscar

Willian - Costa - Hazard

i like that plan but i would have fabregas behind costa

i like that plan but i would have fabregas behind costa

I don't want to see there again in big games. He is useless when we play him there in these type of games. I would rather him benched than see him behind Costa. He rarely sees any of the ball and is running around like a headless chicken when we play him there.

I don't want to see there again in big games. He is useless when we play him there in these type of games. I would rather him benched than see him behind Costa. He rarely sees any of the ball and is running around like a headless chicken when we play him there.

what about willian in there and play moses on the right??