Asmir Begovic

BlueLion.

It was laughed off when people

subtle
suggested he's been in the top 5 best 'keepers in the league since forever now :ph34r:. "we have the best back-up" is as far as most comments would go, with hardly any singing his praises or putting faith in the idea of him as a potential #1 for us. (Nevermind the reminders that he's a "good player but not a top one", for some reason.)

He's been on Cech's level for a couple years, and has surpassed Cech's current level. Just a few weeks ago, such a comment was thrown onto the "undiagnosed delusion" pile where the posts the majority disagree with get thrown. Now, I hope it's more agreed. Begovic is the shit. He is UP there.

He is, but to call him better than Cech is obscene, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is, but to call him better than Cech is obscene, IMO.

Cech has always been class but he was never really as good as he was before his head injury I feel. Wouldn't say Begovic is better than him either though.

Anyway as long as Begovic realizes as soon as Courtois is fit hes gonna be dropped its all good. Courtois is the best keeper in the league in my eyes.

Cech has always been class but he was never really as good as he was before his head injury I feel. Wouldn't say Begovic is better than him either though.

Anyway as long as Begovic realizes as soon as Courtois is fit hes gonna be dropped its all good. Courtois is the best keeper in the league in my eyes.

Every time I read that I feel like punching a wall. It's one of those myths that pundits say to make themselves look knowledgeable and everyone else just repeats.

His best performances came between 2010 and 2013. The man almost single-handedly won us the CL and FA cup in 2012 and then he went on to have what, for me, was hist best ever season in 2012-13. The amount of times he made a crucial save at 0-0 or late one with a single goal lead was just ridiculous. He was, for me, the best keeper in the world in those two seasons.