Asmir Begovic

BlueLion.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another fucking top class performance from this lad. That reaction when the ball hit the inside of the post and came back out and he flipped it away was truly amazing.

Best signing of the summer for us by a country mile.

Another fucking top class performance from this lad. That reaction when the ball hit the inside of the post and came back out and he flipped it away was truly amazing.

Best signing of the summer for us by a country mile.

Not much competition but I see your point :ph34r:

Swear I am not trying to be a contrarian here, but I think he's been good, but not great or fantastic.

I just can't help but think Courtois, perhaps, would have been able to save that extra one that went in and we wouldn't be as deep as we are right now.

Again, not criticizing Begovic, but praising a sure top5 GK in Courtois. As a second GK we couldn't possibly done any better.

Swear I am not trying to be a contrarian here, but I think he's been good, but not great or fantastic.

I just can't help but think Courtois, perhaps, would have been able to save that extra one that went in and we wouldn't be as deep as we are right now.

Again, not criticizing Begovic, but praising a sure top5 GK in Courtois. As a second GK we couldn't possibly done any better.

He's looked as amazing as possible with that average back 4 ahead of him.

'Amazing' is log stretch. He's been solid, made no mistakes, and made the saves you expect a top a keeper to make. It annoys me slightly though when keepers refuse to have players on the posts for corners. The second Porto goal would have been easily avoidable (plus the one that hit the post).

'Amazing' is log stretch. He's been solid, made no mistakes, and made the saves you expect a top a keeper to make. It annoys me slightly though when keepers refuse to have players on the posts for corners. The second Porto goal would have been easily avoidable (plus the one that hit the post).

yeah... he should put 2 players on the posts...

Its not a Begovic thing, this is something they organize together with coaches because Courtois doesn't put players on the posts either. Silva's goal that knocked us out of the CL last year would've been easily prevented if a player stood on the post.

Its not a Begovic thing, this is something they organize together with coaches because Courtois doesn't put players on the posts either. Silva's goal that knocked us out of the CL last year would've been easily prevented if a player stood on the post.

I know it's not just Asmir but I've heard on a couple of occasions managers saying that is ultimately the keeper's call. For example, Petr always had 2 players on the posts why Thibaut didn't have any even at Atletico.