Asmir Begovic

BlueLion.

I've no idea how many scouts we have, or how they are deployed. We do know however that the club has a team of people responsible for monitoring the loanees, and for giving them feedback of all of their displays. Those players get detailed feedback from Chelsea on each and every performance. Since such reports are being compiled the club must have them. At a guess I'd say that at least some of these are written 'off video' but we read many articles on TOCWS, and see many features on CTV, making it clear that Chelsea representatives are often in the crowd watching our loanees play.

As for ME being top dog, Antonio has spoken a number of times about how he himself, has decided whether a player goes on loan or not. If you mean ME is top dog in terms of creating and maintaining the strategy itself then perhaps so. It would certainly make sense for that decision to fall within the functions of a Technical Director. Whether or not it actually does at Chelsea I don't think any of us know however.

I believe that the whole academy idea is wrong headed and will evolve into something quite different over time. Meanwhile, in practical terms, players graduating from academies have too great a sell on value to be discarded in the huge numbers that would be required if the loan army were capped at no more than 5 lads at a time. This is true even of those destined for careers in the lower leagues so more brutal culls than the ones which already take place at ages 16, 18 & 21 would make little sense in footballing, or financial. terms.

All of this is before we even consider the buy-to-loan policy. A policy which I think is necessary. I do agree with you that we need to do that part of the loan system differently. We need to be better at identifying the players with real potential. Our hit rate is far too low in that regard.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Another good bit of business. I'm honestly surprised he didn't play more despite Thibo being here.

Tibo was simply on fire and Begovic wouldn´t have a chance, one of the main reasons we went on that 13 game winning run and ended up winning the title was because of Courtois, i dont really rate Begovic that much to be honest, i rated Schwarzer much higher than Begovic

Tibo was simply on fire and Begovic wouldn´t have a chance, one of the main reasons we went on that 13 game winning run and ended up winning the title was because of Courtois, i dont really rate Begovic that much to be honest.

I was mainly talking about the massive chance he had when he first joined. Thibo was out injured shortly after the season started, but he just seemed prone to several mistakes. Far from the GK that was on fire at Stoke.

Just now, LAM09 said:

I was mainly talking about the massive chance he had when he first joined. Thibo was out injured shortly after the season started, but he just seemed prone to several mistakes. Far from the GK that was on fire at Stoke.

i get what youre saying and you just said what i was thinking about, he wasn´t so reliable as i tought he would be, like when he was at Stoke. i hope he does well at Bournemouth, he´s a top professional. Cheers