Arda Turan

Adnane

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but Costa, Willian, Matic, Fabregas just to name a few. The whole tactics in some matches is to hold the ball well, and this can not be done just by one player!!!

Costa sucks at holding the ball.

Willian can dribble well, but he doesn't hold the ball up well. Matic is kind of I guess and not Cesc at all

Costa sucks at holding the ball.

WTF this was the whole idea of him coming to Chelsea, because he have that Drogba like ability!

not Cesc at all

Hello remember where Cesc played and shined and Arsenal and Barcelona the best teams to hold the ball!

I don't wanna sound, how should I say this aggressive but those things that you write sound ridiculous to me. Generally Ilike and share your opinions on the matters in this forum, but sorry this just crazy I thought this things were generaly established!

Our problems in the 2nd half of the season were. 1. Lack of rotation in the 1st half which led to fatigue. 2. Jose's reverting to defensive tactics at the first sign of adversity (5-3 vs Spurs) 3. Oscar disappearing for months

players with unpredictable ability to revolutionize a match and Arda Turan is perfect for this. Maybe his stats are not the best in the world, but Xavi Hernandez or Iniesta do not have good statistics and are the best in the world in midfield. Turan can solve one of our big problems.

Except Arda Turan offers us nothing different. He's a slower version of Willian, he's hailed for his defensive nous & ball carrying ability but he's not an X-factor type player or match-winner. He doesn't possess Hazard's 'chaos factor' & doesn't get goals/assists.

No offense but I genuinely cannot believe you compared Turan to Xavi who had 9/30 assist season in his prime. Iniesta's lack of end product would've been a problem if he didn't play alongside Messi & consistently raise his game in the bigger matches.

Arda also works for the team as the best. A player with a capacity of sacrifice unbecoming of a player of his quality.

Workrate only gets you so far. We need quality not more grafters.

Arda Turan would be a great signing. One of the few different players available on the market.

What we need is a technically gifted goalscoring winger that exploits space. Jose has tried (and failed) with Salah & Schurrle but it's clear as day that's the one major profile our team lacks. We have far too many ball to feet players. It's one of the biggest reasons why we're such an awful counter attacking team, Arda won't solve that problem.

OK, I accept what you say, but, no offense, I not agree with you. I think you should see more matches of Atletico de Madrid and Arda Turan. He's a magic player with ability to revolutionize a match from scratch.

Regarding the statistics, I remember reading a statistic that said that Juan Mata had had better statistics than Eden Hazard in the last year and a half. The statistics are sometimes cheap philosophy. I've seen the last years Arda Turan in Atletico de Madrid (in live, in the Vicente Calderon stadium itself) and I can assure that when Arda Turan has the ball everyone knows that something will happen.

Our big problem has been the approach at certain times of the season, it is true, but when we have had the ball we have been very predictable, unable to play in tight spaces. With Arda Turan this will improve.

And regarding our approach, our counterattacks would be better with a player like Arda Turan, a player with great ability to think fast and launch attacks.

Seriously dude, I do not want to argue, but I think we're underestimating Arda Turan. He is not Xavi or Iniesta, obviously, but Arda Turan is a good player to have a midfield that makes us fight for every trophy.

Regards.

In d next three three to four yrs...we gonna be thinking of shipping out dis calibre of players when they are d wrong side of age and becomes surplus to requirement...anyway CM and CB to cap off a good transfer window...

Arda Turan has reportedly signed a pre-contract agreement with Chelsea ahead of a summer transfer.

The Turkey international has made it abundantly clear that he wants to leave Atletico Madrid this summer, having personally confirmed that his agent is in talks with a number of clubs.

United were believed to be closing in on a deal for the 28-year-old, but according to Radio Marca, the player has signed an agreement in principal with Chelsea, with his desire to work with Jose Mourinho thought to be a decisive factor.

Turan has a £29.1m release clause in his current contract, although Chelsea could lower his fee by using former Atletico defender Felipe Luis as a makeweight.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/30/arda-turan-signs-pre-contract-agreement-with-chelsea-ahead-of-transfer-5273243/

I like Turan alot. Anyone who can keep possession in tight spaces in the attacking third should be twice as valued at a team like Chelsea because that's where we play most of the matches.

Happy with him, but tbh I would have preferred Sterling. But it's possible Jose is thinking a bit short term right now, hoping to repeat the PL and get close to the CL.

28 and a half year old becomes "practically 30". :lol: some people on here...

anyways, would be a great signing. no way should we pay 29mil though. give them filipe and get arda for 5-10mil. a proper right winger/midfielder. great defensively. his close control is superb as is his dribbling. people saying "he is slow as fuck" have got to be high on something.

all in all, would be a great buy.

arda = luis+10mil

new LB = 10mil

think that would be quite good.

also, suddenly buying 28 year olds seems like a cardinal sin on this forum. was not malouda 30 when he led us to our PL in 09-10?

He is effectively replacement for Oscar. Instead of being dropped in every big game, he thrives there. Much much improved version, leader who oozes with balls. Oscar as much as I like him, is a pussy who can't put a stamp in big match.

There's no point to keep Oscar if we have Willian and Arda in the same team. Literally no point at all. Arda doesn't close doors for Griezmann. We won't have 3 static players in the team. Griezmann is a runner, effective replacement for Schurrle.

Let Oscar go to Juventus and get Vidal for him. Sell Cuadrado, Salah, Piazon, Kakuta, Moses and splash that on Griezmann. Squad sorted.

#Chelsea made the best offer to #Atletico for #ArdaTuran so far. #Atletico wanted #LuisFilipe back and Chelsea had agreed. It's very close.

£20m + Luis for Arda? That's not the best of deals. Chelsea should tell them to include Alderweireld. Sign a player like Baba (Benjamin Mendy for me) as Luis' replacement. Which would mean 7 senior defenders.

I worry about Arda's consistency. When he's on form, he's fantastic but that's not always the case to put it mildly. We see enough of that in Willian and Oscar already. But it's possible his defensive workload affects his consistency. So if he joins, I can only hope a lesser workload will work wonders on his weekly form.

I still think it's a shame 3 out of 5 AMs barely score and 1 has a decent goal-scoring record. Even Hazard's ability to put the ball in the net isn't very impressive. And not one has impressive off the ball movement.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You