Arda Turan

Adnane

i will be so happy if we sign Turan! I just love watching him play! Absolutely delightful player! Basically a right footed Mata who can defend! Perfect for us and Jose! Sign him up!

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now if we can just retain Luis, sign Godin or Jimenez for CB while getting Gabi in for experience we're all set

Why not appoint Simeone as our assistant coach as well while we're at it? :lol:

If you think we need more young talents to win CL, PL again etc instead of experienced leaders...well...ok.

Instead of overrated Sterling, Griezmann who is nowhere near as good on RW,...I prefer a player that will give balance and consistency in Turan. If you saw the player, you would know what he can do, instead of just pointing on his age, nationality or stats. He might be 28, but he uses brain when playing, not strenght, pace etc. I believe his hard working attitude will make fans to love him quickly.

Only problem I see is that he has well documented problems with fitness. Apparently he completed (full 90min) only 25% games he played under Simeone, and was most subbed player of all atleti players last year due to some minor injuries. But that is bit misleading, he is also one of their top runners in their team, and has very hard working approach that tires him (for example Cesc makes alot of km every game, but he doesnt sprint half as much as Turan does). Plus whenever he plays for Turkey, where he is also their captain, he usualy plays for full 90min. His movement and play is exactly same like Hazard, but with less pace and flair, but more aggression. However he is not winger who stays wide, score goals regulary, or have runs in open space.

I would understand if Bale, Reus or similar winger was available, we should target him, but they are not. We struggle against well organised defenses, here is where someone with good ball control and eye for pass will suit us more than some pacy winger with headless chicken attitude.

Apart from Turan fitness issue (that could be solved with full preseason here, and our medical staff), we probably lack some killer finishers. Barca has MSN, Real has Cr, Benzema, Bale; Bayern has Robben, Lewa and Muller. We only have Costa and Hazard (who IMO isnt natural scorer, but does score alot due to high chance creation). But then again, WHICH winger that can score is available?

He is a good player but Traore (althought completely different player) is going to be the better one out of the two within a year. And there is no need for competition for Oscar when we have Willian, Hazard, Cesc and even Loftus-Cheek who can play that position. What the team needs is another classy and creative CDM. RLC cannot play in the pivot, Cesc is a liability in the big matches, Mikel is a burden and Ramires cannot control the ball. Bring in Moutinho or a player similar to him.

Arda Turan has signed his pre-contract agreement with Chelsea. Ahmet Bulut (left) with his favourite business partner

Radio Marca confirming Turan to #CFC story. Note: Old picture; but Ahmet Bulut & Jorge Mendes have worked together on several deals in past.

Arda Turan is reportedly close to signing for Jose Mourinho's Chelsea, according to statements by his agent, Ahmet Bulut (Marca) #CFC

Operation Arda would bring the return of Filipe Luis to the Calderon (Marca) #CFC #Atletico

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You